Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leoman

Leoman

Does/has anyone dry regularly outside the 60/60% range with good results?

I got thinking about where I'd put these and be able to maintain 60F this time of year. I sort of wanted to keep everything contained in the same room and one plant will be done sooner than the other, so getting it down to 60F may be a challenge.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

I got thinking about where I'd put these and be able to maintain 60F this time of year. I sort of wanted to keep everything contained in the same room and one plant will be done sooner than the other, so getting it down to 60F may be a challenge.
Wish I had an answer there. I would be Leary myself, but I’m a helicopter parent if I’m doing something I’m not sure of. So I’m interested for sure tho

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

I never get below 70 F when I dry and honestly sometimes if it's outdoor I just hang it in a room behind a door with a fan in the vicinity 🤷‍♂️ as long as the humidity doesn't go crazy you should be fine.

Leoman

Leoman

Wish I had an answer there. I would be Leary myself, but I’m a helicopter parent if I’m doing something I’m not sure of. So I’m interested for sure tho

Yeah the humidity wouldn't be a problem since I could make the closet it's own little environment. I was thinking if I ran an inline fan from the attic to that area sucking down cold winter air it would work like an ac. During the summer I'd just have to crank up the window unit in that room. Can't bring myself to run it in February. Well I guess it'll be late march or April. Neighbors would think I'm crazier.

2Water

2Water

I try to stay as close to 7 days at 70F and 70%rh

Leoman

Leoman

I never get below 70 F when I dry and honestly sometimes if it's outdoor I just hang it in a room behind a door with a fan in the vicinity 🤷‍♂️ as long as the humidity doesn't go crazy you should be fine.
I try to stay as close to 7 days at 70F and 70%rh

That would be easier to manage. Just planning ahead. I know some people buy portable AC units for drying and I'm not feeling that.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Yeah the humidity wouldn't be a problem since I could make the closet it's own little environment. I was thinking if I ran an inline fan from the attic to that area sucking down cold winter air it would work like an ac. During the summer I'd just have to crank up the window unit in that room. Can't bring myself to run it in February. Well I guess it'll be late march or April. Neighbors would think I'm crazier.
“What? I’m adding a second set of washer and dryers?”

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
That would be easier to manage. Just planning ahead. I know some people buy portable AC units for drying and I'm not feeling that.
That’s a bit much. I have been known to hang a plant In the bathroom for bonus humidity when need be. The portable ac thing, can be a pain, a lot of the time you end up not using it and wish you had a window unit.

Leoman

Leoman

That’s a bit much. I have been known to hang a plant In the bathroom for bonus humidity when need be. The portable ac thing, can be a pain, a lot of the time you end up not using it and wish you had a window unit.
A family member rents a room from me. I haven't told him about growing yet. Not that it matters, I just haven't really told anyone. You can definitely hear the hum of these fans and dehumidifier outside the room. He's probably like what weird shit's going on in there. lol

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
A family member rents a room from me. I haven't told him about growing yet. Not that it matters, I just haven't really told anyone. You can definitely hear the hum of these fans and dehumidifier outside the room. He's probably like what weird shit's going on in there. lol
You’d be surprised how many folks miss the sound. It’s like white noise to folks who don’t know what is going on. My son was basically sleeping on the other side of the wall from the bunker, it sounds like a jet engine at idle sometimes. He never even put 2 and 2 together. So some folks will and some folks won’t….kind of odd. It’s usually the people who are mechanics or a tech of something that always notices…

Leoman

Leoman

You’d be surprised how many folks miss the sound. It’s like white noise to folks who don’t know what is going on. My son was basically sleeping on the other side of the wall from the bunker, it sounds like a jet engine at idle sometimes. He never even put 2 and 2 together. So some folks will and some folks won’t….kind of odd. It’s usually the people who are mechanics or a tech of something that always notices…

The closet grow at my parents' house gives me the willies thinking about. It couldn't be heard, but there was no filter so during flower the house started smelling like skunk. Not overpowering (at least to the nose blind) but it was there. They questioned the smell and I sort of blew it off. I was such a little shit.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

The closet grow at my parents' house gives me the willies thinking about. It couldn't be heard, but there was no filter so during flower the house started smelling like skunk. Not overpowering (at least to the nose blind) but it was there. They questioned the smell and I sort of blew it off. I was such a little shit.
Hahaha just for that, you should go play some bingo with your mom 😂🤣😂🤣

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
You too eh? I had a grow box I made out of old 15inch speaker box from a stereo. The felt protection screens, I blacked out behind them. And ran the fan and light through were the speaker wire connections were it looked like it was hooked up and everything. Still got popped 🤣

My mom busted me smoking herb one night out of a mason jar bong I made….
She sat me down and made me watch her smoke it all. Yeah, I was a shit too, but me ma?

She was different 😂

Top Bottom