Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I plan to dig up sod that has been untouched for 50 years, except for occasional mowing and plant my pot in it.
The plots will be 3 by 3, leaving 8 feet between them so hubby can drive the John Deere and mow the weeds every couple of weeks.
I wanted to buy local compost but I really don't trust what may be in it. Can you recommend a course of action that will improve the soil without breaking the bank?
BTW, I do not have a compost pile. Tried that years ago and I'm too lazy to go out there and turn it during the winter. And I never seem to have the correct ratio of brown and green and kitchen scraps.
55g drum and a 5/8 steel bit.
Make a spit, weld a pin on the Boltom side
Weld or bolt a common hand crank to the other side. Place barrel on spit. Get to drilling in a 5in x 5in grid pattern. Then wrap the drum in chicken wire so it’s not dropping the black gold. Cheap, easy, and give you awesome compost in 1 season as long as you turn enough. Shit put bearing on it, it’ll be butter smooth, you can even put a weight and flywheel kit on it that could do most of the work for you. Just gotta treat it like starting an old model t👍🏻

Rama777

Rama777

I plan to dig up sod that has been untouched for 50 years, except for occasional mowing and plant my pot in it.
The plots will be 3 by 3, leaving 8 feet between them so hubby can drive the John Deere and mow the weeds every couple of weeks.
I wanted to buy local compost but I really don't trust what may be in it. Can you recommend a course of action that will improve the soil without breaking the bank?
BTW, I do not have a compost pile. Tried that years ago and I'm too lazy to go out there and turn it during the winter. And I never seem to have the correct ratio of brown and green and kitchen scraps.
Is there an active thread for gardening related stuff on this site? If not, perhaps I should start one..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Is there an active thread for gardening related stuff on this site? If not, perhaps I should start one..
@Mikedin has his garden center, he has all types of growing in that. He does not discriminate in that regard, but a just straight up veggie thing? Not sure. I say do it!
Just know multiple threads can at times, get ridiculous. 🤣

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Just wondering what I should do with my horse manure it’s been 2 years since I had any horses, last year I put a spade of it into 20 litres of water let it sit for an hour then strained it and poured it on my tomato plants and they loved it I repeated it 2 weeks later and it boosted them again. O I put some on the carrots and they loved it.
I use it in my outdoor beds. Works great as long as you let it sit, perlite, straw and some azomite too. 👊🏻🤡

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
So here is an interesting pic, I took both these cuttings from their moms at the same time, but it’s interesting to me how different the growth rate between them is considering they are both cman crosses. Almost the same age. Would be If the larger plant would have been moved into flower at the same time. But even that time difference taken into account, it still kinda nutty.

IMG 2813
Bilber

Bilber

Awesome remix......I should add this home.....very cool....

Whatever area you plan to use, cover it with black fabric or plastic......keep it covered....put blocks or wood or whatnot to keep the felt/fabric from moving.....then wait.....and wait....then.....don't touch it.........after 3ish, preferably 4ish months later, you'll thank yourself.....you'll notice a difference after a monthish....try it for shits......

Leoman

Leoman

I had everything to make lasagna except lasagna noodles. Used a couple boxes of jumbo elbow macaroni instead. Said fuck it and mixed the cheeses, pasta sauce, meat, etc. in with the noodles, put more cheese on top, and baked it.

No more fiddling with those bigass lasagna noodles and spending forever layering it. Tastes even better just thrown together.

sourorangedieselkush

sourorangedieselkush

I had everything to make lasagna except lasagna noodles. Used a couple boxes of jumbo elbow macaroni instead. Said fuck it and mixed the cheeses, pasta sauce, meat, etc. in with the noodles, put more cheese on top, and baked it.

No more fiddling with those bigass lasagna noodles and spending forever layering it. Tastes even better just thrown together.
I buy the 20 dollar box lasagna lol. I don’t care for cooking unless it’s steaks or meat

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Hey folks, if you are waiting for anything from me, yeah, it was supposed to get dropped I. The mail a few days ago. I gave them to my wife to send, and it’s fixing to Mardi Gras.
Big deal here and she plum forgot and pulled them out of her purse last night. So. I’m going to drop them here today, so a few days longer my friends.
Hit me up in message with any concerns.
Really my bad. I should def not put my straws on my wife’s back. 😜
👊🏻🤡

Top Bottom