Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

Capt............

You and my friend, the one that kept me growing, both let your ladies " butt-chugg ".....

He knows what he's doing........
You know what you're doing.........

WTF........

I know enough to not let them sit in their feces/ waste/spent nutes, but.........

I'm sure I'm missing something......

Somethings I just cannot get myself to do certain things.....

I get the concept........water from the bottom until they don't take it anymore, then get rid of the standing water.....but.....

I also know organic and nutes are different types of growing......salts and the like.....

I swear I've followed and read every post.....

You do not flush if I remember correctly......except from flipping, which I believe you kinda flush the veg nutes out....that makes way for the bloom nutes to take over.....

I've gotta goto a small job in a few.....but I'm interested in your, theory maybe, on why you do it that way instead of " normal " feeding........

And I do believe that way is " normal " for others as well.....

Any input on why someone should change feeding methods?

I love you man and you are a keeper in my book regardless!!!!!!!

Curiosity......

Rama777

Rama777

Capt............
I just want to throw it out there that bottom watering is great but in my opinion only if your soil has good capillary action. I've found that I like doing a combination of both in my final flowering pots, depending. Sometimes I do gravity only.

But here's the thing, if you find that it takes a LONG time for the water to move upwards, in my opinion you should not utilize the butt chug. The reason why is that the bottom of your pots will be extremely saturated to a very detrimental degree by the time you feel that you have optimal moisture at the mid-upper layers you are also trying to reach.

Other thing is that this being my first experience with fabric pots, they take to bottom watering much more efficiently than any plastic pots I've ever used.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Capt............

You and my friend, the one that kept me growing, both let your ladies " butt-chugg ".....

He knows what he's doing........
You know what you're doing.........

WTF........

I know enough to not let them sit in their feces/ waste/spent nutes, but.........

I'm sure I'm missing something......

Somethings I just cannot get myself to do certain things.....

I get the concept........water from the bottom until they don't take it anymore, then get rid of the standing water.....but.....

I also know organic and nutes are different types of growing......salts and the like.....

I swear I've followed and read every post.....

You do not flush if I remember correctly......except from flipping, which I believe you kinda flush the veg nutes out....that makes way for the bloom nutes to take over.....

I've gotta goto a small job in a few.....but I'm interested in your, theory maybe, on why you do it that way instead of " normal " feeding........

And I do believe that way is " normal " for others as well.....

Any input on why someone should change feeding methods?

I love you man and you are a keeper in my book regardless!!!!!!!

Curiosity......
Oh I do not water to run off. I’m also a top feeder. You’re right about everything else though. I do things very differently in terms of how and at what frequency I do feed my plants. It’s way outside of anything a manufacturer label says. I’ll send you a detailed message to your inbox.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Well after my near disaster electrical won’t call it fire il call it a smoke show I’m gunna take a leaf out of Dragons book and call my plants old sparky😂ran another 9 litres through em last night capn n they look way happier this mornin not so grumpy n floppy may have dodged a bullet here👍 still a tiny bit of clawing but I’m just happy they weren’t brown n dead😂👍
IMG 4752
IMG 4753

Top Bottom