Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I out my plants out when it was 40s and 50s for weeks outdoors, overed at night iff it froze with a tarp. Kept then well watered and they had no problem. I am with the captain though I'm sure there are genetics that would probably just die or herm out.
It’s a crap shoot in that regard……

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I grew up in a house like that, it was built by chain gang prisoners around 1900. They were still mixing horse hair into plaster….it was definitely a build style of a bygone era. Nothing was square and every doorway and trim was very off. Window sills and sashes too. 👊🏻🤡
Lol same here, it was built early 1800s, tons of additions, nothing is square, the basement has cast iron and literally trees holding up the house for supports. An old cellar with a cistern, it's old AF 😂

Leoman

Leoman

So those 7gallon bags are my favorite come to find bro. Alls you have to do is cuff them a couple times to make them smaller. I like them because you can basically make a more shallow root zone with them. Easier for wet dry cycles imo and they dry better on the lower half that way I have found…..this is a reveg attempt with a cuffed 7g…..
I wasn't expecting the 7g to be that wide. It pretty much covers my 15" saucers.

I guess they'd be better in the long run. Making enough medium to fill those huge bastards anyway.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I wasn't expecting the 7g to be that wide. It pretty much covers my 15" saucers.

I guess they'd be better in the long run. Making enough medium to fill those huge bastards anyway.
Oh yeah, they definitely have a foot print. I just bought some 20inch plastic serve trays, we use them for crawfish a lot down here. $1 a piece at the Wally World. stoked you are still gonna run them. You won’t regret it. Are you going to pot up incrementally or just throw it in a biggun and roll?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Oh yeah, they definitely have a foot print. I just bought some 20inch plastic serve trays, we use them for crawfish a lot down here. $1 a piece at the Wally World. stoked you are still gonna run them. You won’t regret it. Are you going to pot up incrementally or just throw it in a biggun and roll?
I just throw my seedlings in a mostly full 7 gallon bag. It made me learn proper watering real quick. I love them. I won't uppot, I hate transplanting. If you do it right you have an absolute rock of a root ball in there heading into flower. I can pull the entire medium in one piece out by the stem at harvest

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I just throw my seedlings in a mostly full 7 gallon bag. It made me learn proper watering real quick. I love them. I won't uppot, I hate transplanting. If you do it right you have an absolute rock of a root ball in there heading into flower. I can pull the entire medium in one piece out by the stem at harvest
If it ain’t broke! Don’t fix it! It’ll definitely teach you the ropes in terms of your watering game.
Badass!

Leoman

Leoman

I went from solo cup to 2 gallon. I think this will be the final potting since they're getting too bushy to deal with. The Gorilla Cookies plant is already over 20" wide so don't want to struggle with it later on.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Is this part of the roots showing through or mold? I have more coco hydrating to transplant hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I can see roots on top of the surface so it's definitely full.

Did some defoliating today and found a bunch of bud sites that were squashed by fan leaves. Hopefully they shoot up and do something.

View attachment 2108610

Agree with Capt. it's probably salt build up. Are you using any mycorrhizae? It could be that, as well. If it is, that's a good thing. But yeah salt build up happens it's no big deal I usually just wash my pots after harvesting between crops.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Is that a regular or feminized plant?

I'm kind of skeptical about the light leak herm theory. Lots of bro science with this hobby.
There’s no such thing as total darkness outside, the stars and moon are light leaks as well as all the light pollution.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

You know, it was strain specific I’m sure, but when Texas froze a couple few years back, my ladies didn’t show any cold stress until it was about 45 degrees for a full 48hours. They look good man! You have that tent packed!
Well you always have tents packed, it’s how you roll! 👊🏻🤡
Last Christmas we lost power for three days, it was cold enough for the water in my toilet to freeze up, had four plants going in the 3x4 that were fine. Crazy 😜

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Is this part of the roots showing through or mold? I have more coco hydrating to transplant hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I can see roots on top of the surface so it's definitely full.

Did some defoliating today and found a bunch of bud sites that were squashed by fan leaves. Hopefully they shoot up and do something.

I’d be really careful with those lemon slices, I did this once with orange slices and the next day I had a jar full of moldy weed.

Top Bottom