Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rama777

Rama777

I accidentally posted this on tumbleweed’s page. Meant to post it here. Would it be okay to remove nearly every upper canopy fan leaf from this plant, closing in on two weeks before harvest?
8843C551 24F8 4824 A473 06C77A3618CD

Rama777

Rama777

You can tuck your solar panels out of the way if you want to get lower buds light. Why do you want to cut them off? Looking healthy.
Tucking won’t really help with the density and spacing of the tops, not much anyways.

I don’t just do anything because someone with recognition says to, but I was listening to Kyle Kushman in an interview say that he removes “every leaf with a stem” two weeks before harvest. This particular plant seems like a good candidate for that, assuming that’s actually good practice where appropriate.

Northdank67

Northdank67

Tucking won’t really help with the density and spacing of the tops, not much anyways.

I don’t just do anything because someone with recognition says to, but I was listening to Kyle Kushman in an interview say that he removes “every leaf with a stem” two weeks before harvest. This particular plant seems like a good candidate for that, assuming that’s actually good practice where appropriate.
if you're not sure and want to try it out you could leave half of the plant untouched and strip the leaves from the other side on one plant? if you have many that are the same cut you could totally strip one idk but I'd be interested to know the results bc I had the same toughts just a few weeks ago.. sadly allready chopped so can't really try it myself anymore

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
if you're not sure and want to try it out you could leave half of the plant untouched and strip the leaves from the other side on one plant? if you have many that are the same cut you could totally strip one idk but I'd be interested to know the results bc I had the same toughts just a few weeks ago.. sadly allready chopped so can't really try it myself anymore
Personally it doesn’t make any sense to me, leaves are the main driver of vigor and growth,
When I have to defol on a really leggy plant late in flower for instance, i usually end up with smaller colas on the on defolatied plants.
My philosophy had always been more leaves more buds. When i see folks who do and swear by it, i just haven’t seen the evidence.
Like stalk splitting to trigger a cannabis plants defense in late flower for trich and resin uptick really seems like what the application is like in this instance, so much defol it triggers the plants defense.

I’d rather stalk split personally.

Rama777

Rama777

Personally it doesn’t make any sense to me, leaves are the main driver of vigor and growth,
When I have to defol on a really leggy plant late in flower for instance, i usually end up with smaller colas on the on defolatied plants.
My philosophy had always been more leaves more buds. When i see folks who do and swear by it, i just haven’t seen the evidence.
Like stalk splitting to trigger a cannabis plants defense in late flower for trich and resin uptick really seems like what the application is like in this instance, so much defol it triggers the plants defense.

I’m certainly tempted now.. But the idea isn’t to increase resin production, but rather to speed up the ripening of the lowers.

I’m also tempted to harvest in two stages, like around this point or so. But, I’m not sure what I’d be sacrificing by not hanging the plant whole..

D7F6F827 47F8 468C AFAB ADD01C9825DA

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Just wanted to share some beauty😆👊
==============================
Gorilla zkittlez - Barneys Farm
Substrate - Peat
5 Weeks into flower
Very Earthy, spicy, fruity smell
IMG 4275
IMG 4276

Pineapple chunk - Barneys Farm
Substrate - Peat
5 Weeks into flower
Very sweet fruity and skunky smell
IMG 4277
IMG 4278

Gorilla zkittlez - Barneys Farm
Substrate - Clay pebbles (DWC)
3 weeks into flower
Veery frosty so far cant really be seen on camera
IMG 4279
IMG 4283

TreeBee

TreeBee

I had a stalk crack length wise not like snap off but split. Never seen it before and could only find information about this stem splitting people are doing when I looked. Seems a bit crazy to me that damaging the stalk at one end of the plant would make the buds at the other end stronger. I would think any bud a catapillar or another muncher got to towards the end would be nuclear strong then right 😬🤷‍♀️🥴

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I’m certainly tempted now.. But the idea isn’t to increase resin production, but rather to speed up the ripening of the lowers.

I’m also tempted to harvest in two stages, like around this point or so. But, I’m not sure what I’d be sacrificing by not hanging the plant whole..

View attachment 2176960
I know why you were doing it, I just don’t think it’s worth taking everything off the plant, I was just explaining my view on why it would actually be applicable. Or break out some more lst…..just my opinion.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I had a stalk crack length wise not like snap off but split. Never seen it before and could only find information about this stem splitting people are doing when I looked. Seems a bit crazy to me that damaging the stalk at one end of the plant would make the buds at the other end stronger. I would think any bud a catapillar or another muncher got to towards the end would be nuclear strong then right 😬🤷‍♀️🥴
Never had a single issue doing it.
I actually just use a 1/8in drill bit.
Holds the wound open.
If you keep your area clean and tight. It’s gravy.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I'm sure you can but it's more useful for hanging the plant then making it more potent as far as I am concerned 🤷‍♀️
Not a new technique and still no solid proof
Well, ok, I don’t do it just because I want to drill holes in my plants. I wouldn’t continue to do it otherwise. And yeah it’s been around since the 70s. The Dutch have been doing it from jump st. You should try it sometime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom