titanium nail

• Thread starter Steve Gray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

ahhh very true, i just thought that getting the titanium hot would release some kind of chemical that would mess up my lungs, more than all the weed and oil ;)

Smoking anything is not a good thing for your lungs because of heat and the free radicals produced. If you heated the Ti up hot enough to spontaneously combust the oil when applied, some of the same bad free radicals would be produced.

I am not a doctor, and tomorrow the breaking news may change, but as far as any study that I have seen published to date, oil vaporized on a Titanium Dioxide or Nitride surface, don't present any of the same issues. I feel confident enough, that I use Ti vaporization myself.

joshadelph

joshadelph

Getting Ti to hot leads to faster rates of oxidation. You can use a flat dabber or a wire brush to clean some of it off but I would recommend rinsing it throughly with water after to insure no dust is still on it. Anything over 1100 degrees or so is overkill.

jyip

jyip

good info, thx,, jus gettin a Ti nail in a few days cuz the glass one broke,,, i old schooled the broke glass nail and wired it together with bread tie twistie metal wire for now till i get the ti nail this weekend, or monday ....thx again 4 info

Top Bottom