TK Runnin soil...WTF???

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It has been awhile since I posted up a thread so I thought I would bust one out....here is an organic soil grow rockin almost to perfection...

I use Subby's soil mix almost to the letter, never questioned, just did and man o man, the results are stellar..

Mix used:
8 Bags Roots soil or equivalent high quality supped up grow soil
25 pounds Pure Worm Castings
½ cup Azomite trace minerals
2/3 Cup Sweet Lime IE Dolomite
1 Kilo Bone meal / IE 5 Pounds
1 Kilo Blood meal ( I use a bit more bone than Blood in this recipe)
1 Kilo Bat Guano bloom formula preferably Fruit bats
3/4 cup Epson Salts
Big and Chunky Perlite ¼ bag
Cocogro 1 5k bale

Plants that are mothers or seed stock:
Blueberry – (male and female) DJ Short
Kaya
Sweet 13 – (Sweet 13 x Blackberry Apocalypse)
Trainwreck – E32 Arcata cut
Orange Bud
Electric Avenue - (BCSC Big Blue x TRC Bordello)
Bubba Shine - (Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine)
M39 - (Old School Sacred Seeds Basic #5 x Skunk #1)
Purple Paki – (SR71 Purple Kush x Pakistani landrace)
Bloody Mary - (Blood “Hawaiian sativa” x TRC Mary Jane)
Bangkok Betty – (Thai x Thai)
Gooey King – Afgooey x Kings Cross
C99 x Star Train
Nepenthe - (afgooey x blue moonshine)
Sour Diesel
Grand Daddy Purps

Veggin and sexing:
Alien Kush #4
Alieno Fumaggio - UK Cheese x Alien Technology
Proud Mary - Trainwreck x TRC Mary Jane
X18 - Pure Pakistani

In Flower:
Texas Hammer
Texas Heather
Steele Pulse
Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine
SR71 Purple Kush x Pakistani landrace sativa
Kya
M39
Orange Bud

Everything is veggin in 3 gallon pots and then transplanted into 5 gallon pots for flower. I start in 1 gallon pots and then up to the 3 and then into the 5 . I am about to do some 10 gallon pots in flower as well.

Lights in veg are T5's and 400w Mh and 1K HPS in flower
all stationary hoods, air cooled in veg and unberellas in flower

I will post up pics later, I have to go dig up the camera..

Tex

darksideX

darksideX

heyho brother TK ..damn..thaz an stellar line up for real..:)
can't wait to see them specials growin':rock ..u know,i'm mostly interested in ur Alienz:tmi

G

GDS StonerBoy

Banging as usual TK! You make me proud to be from the south!

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Yayuh! Even when growing is soil, TK does it big.

Hey TK, if you ever just HAPPEN to have some extra of those arcata cuts, and there just HAPPENS to be a big 'ole Texas twister coming through (not really, wouldn't wish that on ya!) feel free to toss a few cuts out the window. Maybe they'll make it my way. ;) Haha. Nice lineup homie.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Some random veggers...I will come back and post up specific pics in a bit...

Tex

DSCN1962
DSCN1963
DSCN1964
DSCN1965
DSCN1966
DSCN1967
DSCN1968
DSCN1969
DSCN1970
DSCN1971
DSCN1972
DSCN1973
DSCN1974
DSCN1975
DSCN1976
DSCN1977
DSCN1978
DSCN1979
DSCN1980
DSCN1981
J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Haha...now you know for sure TK isn't a soil grower at heart. Just sayin with the carpet and all....

Well that or he isn't a carpet lover. :giggle

O

Oaksterman

I use Subby's soil mix almost to the letter, never questioned, just did and man o man, the results are stellar..

Mix used:
8 Bags Roots soil or equivalent high quality supped up grow soil
I assume that's Roots Organics? I thought they only had two blends one being a soilless (mainly coco and perlite) geared for hydro with up to 4 feed cycles per day and the other a soilless with peat added that acted more like soil and you only need to water every few days due to better moisture retention. I've used both with great results. Not trying to be nit picky but for sure something like Ocean Forest and either Roots mix are not interchangeable. I know it's not your formula but any input?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That's bare concrete my brutha...lol..I pulled all the carpet and painted the floors a bit back and then I used net pots at first, nice and messy..

Roots makes a potting soil, a soiless, and 707 which is a hot mix soiless I believe...I used the potting soil version the first time..second time I used 1 bale of Sunshine #4 and 4 bags of roots organics soil...third time I used a bale of Happy Frog starter and 4 bags of Fertilome premium potting soil... all are rockin the same just a little difference in cost...

I do not feed any nutes at all, only plain ph adjusted water and a few foliar recipes I use throughout..

Tex

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Haha, don't i look dumb? Looked like carpet at first. Sorry bro, lol.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The landlord was trippin pretty good also....I yanked over 400sq.ft. of new carpet out when I moved in..the old sayin about appologize later is better than askin permission...lol

Tex

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I def hear that. I don't even wanna think about all the holes i'll have to patch, all the drywall i'll have to replace. And the worst part of all, i have no clue how the breaker panel was before i moved here. Why did i add 3 more 220V circuits? Why did i run 4 more 120V circuits to one little bedroom?
Maybe i'll say i was running a bunch of HEPA filters, freaking out about the swine flu. Haha. No, don't think that'll work...

D

Dagga

comin up in 2 weeks fool!! ill let you know some dates later today or tomorrow.
looks good maing.....are you fully converted or still running a couple of tables ebb and flow?
holla

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Come on up biatch!! kickin in the rockies doesn't suck at all...

Pulled my last hydro setup last week, so now i am fully converted...

Here is a Texas Hammer that is at the start of week four in the sleeper cell...

Tex

DSCN1982
DSCN1983
DSCN1984
DSCN1985
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Wicked.

I really need to get these soil ingredients in the UK. I need to try this mix out myself.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
All I can say is WTF? Is lightning gonna stike? hahahaha j/p Killer looking man. Still got the good ole soil at heart. Why the switch I might add? Maintence and ease?

T

thunder

very nice grow TK! everthing looking healthy and happy...but isn't a kilo...1 Kilogram = 2.20462262 Pounds...anyways you still got that Texas frame of mind.. Grow big or go home..always a pleasure to watch your grow shows..thank you.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Ease of maintanence for sure, this is idiot proof plus I can spend the night away or two on the weekend...no such luck with hydro..

You can also had plants off to patients to grow, another impossiblity in hydro...

Nute expense went to $0, except for some ph down...I spend it all on the front end time and money early then your set..

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is one called Kya...a friend of mine gave me these fem'd beans and this was the result..

Tex

DSCN1986
DSCN1987
DSCN1988
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is one of my local favs..Tangerine or Sweet Tangerine or Tangerine Dream or The Tang, heard it called all of them..

Killer plant though

Tex

DSCN1989
DSCN1990
DSCN1991
DSCN1992
Top Bottom