TK Runnin soil...WTF???

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
M39 is a common beasters strain for sure but i swear with a little tlc and no rush to market it is some badass smoke..crazy yielder

You know me Billy, so many strains, so little time..lol

Tex

B

BlowCrack

TK, how is the taste when u use no nutes? How much better would it turn out with nutes?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
TK, how is the taste when u use no nutes? How much better would it turn out with nutes?

Off the hook either way but the no nute setup is so user friendly and complete from the get go, it is hard to beat.

Tex

sour power

sour power

sup tex do you veg in the super soil also or just flower?i was thinking of trying but not sure about everything yet.if i do i will use foxfarm ocean forest with light warrior at 50-50 ratio.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I use it in veg and flower...I am just catious with seedlings and young clones goin stright in it, i use a buffer soil that isn't so hot but other than that I just run it..I am using a little molasses right now in flower for a bloom boost.

Tex

sour power

sour power

sweeeet!when you say buffer do you mean regular soil at the top half of each pot and then the supersoil at the very bottom say about 20-25% of the pot?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I am not even doin the top half, only the soil immediately touching the new roots, maybe and inch or two at the most around it..the rest is all super soil..

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
For all intent and purposes there is no flush, no salts used,no metals, no nute buildup, only feeding straight water and a light dose of molasses, which I will stop the last five days before harvest and then dry it out for a day under the lights with no feed and then chop..

I am flushin the entire time...lol

Tex

A

Alan Stallworth

Hey Texas Kid, props on the amazing garden and many thanks for the outstanding thread.

Question for you on the recipe...

Mix used:
8 Bags Roots soil or equivalent high quality supped up grow soil
25 pounds Pure Worm Castings
½ cup Azomite trace minerals
2/3 Cup Sweet Lime IE Dolomite
1 Kilo Bone meal / IE 5 Pounds
1 Kilo Blood meal ( I use a bit more bone than Blood in this recipe)
1 Kilo Bat Guano bloom formula preferably Fruit bats
3/4 cup Epson Salts
Big and Chunky Perlite ¼ bag
Cocogro 1 5k bale

What size are those bags of soil? 1.5 cu. ft.? 2.0 cu. ft.?

I'm going to come up with a slight variation on this recipe due to logistical issues, but I want to be sure to maintain the same ratio of soil to other stuff.

Many thanks and best wishes!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I think those roots bags are 1.5ltr but I am not sure...I am goin down there tomorrow so i will see

Tex

A

Alan Stallworth

Upon further reading, I believe they are 1.5 cu. ft.

1.5 liters would not be much...roughly 3 "regular" Gatorade bottles.

The soil I'll be using happens to come in 2.0 cu. ft. bags, so that would make a 4 cu. ft. difference over 8 bags, thus my concern for keeping the recipe straight.

Also, I'm talking about growing outdoors, so it would probably behoove me to nix the Perlite, yes?

Thanks!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Sorry, I ment cu.ft. I was blazed...I think it ends up being about 10-14 cu.ft. of soil total

Tex

P

pigfarmer

TK brotha, I've decided I'm gonna run sum of my Chemdog D's in Subsoil.. I've stuck to Subs recipe but am tryin out a few different side by sides of soilless mix with it.. Roots, promix HP & Organicare.. My question... While cooking, do I cover up these rubbermaids full of soil with a lid??? I'm a little worried mold will start during the 30day waiting period.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I cooked mine in a huge 500 gallon agro tub and left out in the weather uncovered, I turned it at least once a day and we had a few showers and a snow or two so i didn't really water it at all..

Tex

sour power

sour power

tex you didnt worry about bugs?i am gonna do it but i want to cover it at the top with air holes in the bottom for drainage do you think i can pull this off?or should i follow suit

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I live in AG country...bugs are my life...lol but no I didn't worry about them..

Tex

Top Bottom