TK Runnin soil...WTF???

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

Thanks for the great writeup TK. This mix is what I've used my second time around, though I didn't mix up nearly as much. Damn the need for stealth!

Anyway, just wanted to confirm that you don't fertilize at all, just water with pH'd water and let the plants eat what's in the ground?

Also, I'm in high desert a little west of you from the sound of it. I'm wondering what you keep your RH at. I'm anywhere from 55% - 65%, but wondering if that's less than ideal.

Thank you for any further wisdom.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
55-65% is perfect...I feed molases and guanos only outdoors and do a light dilution feed in indoor containers

E

EssBeeZee

Great lookin' plants Texas Kid.

Can you tell me anything about Kaya? I keep seeing it here and there.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Kaya Kush? the real deal is an Apothocary strain that I think Bret or his crew did down in Chile, at least that is where he was in a video he shot a couple of years ago....Apothocary has some videos and info on one of the social media sites..I lucked into some seeds a few years back and ran the shit outta them.

I have thier Grape Ape around here as well

Greenhouse offers some of their gear now as well

slausongardens

slausongardens

heck yeah, i just made the switch too. im doing revs soil mix.. similar to subcools but more stuff... and boy is it doing amazing.. i relate to everything your saying with the ease of use and happy plants... i just go back and dump water in em. no buying nutes, no mixing no running out.. just water and they look just like yours.. super green and happy as can be.. im still doing bigger grows hydro but now that ive tested the super soils i think im going to do nothing but that.. the whole concept is just awesome to me and ive never kept plants so healthy so easily. just water and no problems. no fixing difficiencies and all that crap..

dont even go to hydro stores aymore just nursuries haha and like you said, all the work and money is in the beginning.. i cooked it outside for 3o days and it rained a lot so i'd just go mix it around with a rake and shovel every couple days..

i did burn some clones at first but ive been cutting it with soil now and i got it down so no problems at all. i used cheap master nursery soil and now im using dr earth soil.. im actually about to order all the products again and make another mix so i can eventually do everything like this.

this thread was a great read for me at this time, i completely relate.

ElusiveQuark

ElusiveQuark

TK- Much love for sharing your knowledge as freely and as often as you do. 2 questions - First, is one byproduct of "uppotting" continued supply of fresh soil to root growth? I.e. could you go w/o supplemental feeding if you only used one-sized pot throughout the grow? Second, what do you mean by "light dilution feed in indoor containers?" My chiller took dump and 105 deg here yesterday so scrambled from hydro to dirt. Riding your coattails. Thank you again.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Uppotting helps in providing a little more fresh soil that is fortified as well as give additional space for some root developement..the one rule of thumb basically is that your roots are pretty much goin to mirror your tiop canopy as far as growth and size, it does alot the first three weeks of flower, just like the top stretches so does the root syetem..1/3 size bigger pot each time or even double but 1/3 works best..1# to 3#, 3# to 5#, and 5# up to 10# or 15# gallon pots

Since I run a pretty hot mix right outta the bag i only like to feed my container plants nothing more thatn about 500-600ppm and max out at 800ppm, strait water wporks for about the first 3 or so weeks but after that bigger plants get real hungry and you have to go to a feed.

One size pot thru out only works on the hydro tables...in soil your shootin yourself in the foot

Tex

T

Tpod2500

Thanks 4 this thread bro...I'm about to do my first grow and I was goin 2 roll with subcool mix .. But this 50/50 recipe seems more like it for me...u say light dilution feed could I just feed my plants Foxfarm Growbig> 1 capful per gallon> every watering...after the first three weeks..in veg...thanks Tex...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That'll work fine but i would kick in the Big bud and tiger Bloom in flower and if your feelin real froggy get the three pack of the soluable booster Beastie Bloom, Open Sesame, and Cha Ching but a very very little goes along way

T

Tpod2500

Thanks a alot Tex...this is going to make things so much more easier on the Brian bro...can't wait to get sshit rocking....

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That'll work fine but i would kick in the Big bud and tiger Bloom in flower and if your feelin real froggy get the three pack of the soluable booster Beastie Bloom, Open Sesame, and Cha Ching but a very very little goes along way

My First grow I used Fox farms everything...Till I realized it wasn't organic...Still use the Happyfrog for Babies. And Grow big when they need food.
And that grow big is some salty stuff.
Are Beastie Bloom, Open Sesame, and Cha Ching Organic?

Edit. I just read that they are not.

But I also just read that Big Bloom Is organic

Pinky Lee

Pinky Lee

I've gravitating from coco-ponic system w/ an intense feeding regimen to a self-sufficient soil mix, not because I think it will grow better plants- I'd be happy w/ a wash, but for the sole purpose of saving time. Maybe I'm just getting lazy, but I prefer to think of it as a shift in priorities. lol

Top Bottom