Tnelz Sdub X Querkle Tester Thread

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Please go back to my first post. Now look at these. Beautiful vigorous little plants. Just topped them all today. I'm having to water them every other day now so they will soon be in their new pots. 2 gallon squares. Well one will go into a smartie and 1 maybe 2 will end up in air pots. Happy as hell with these girls. This is a dope project and loving what's going on. I'm in hopes the grow gods will bless me with that walking dead pheno. Hate to keep repeating myself but if u can wish it into existence. Or so I hope. Anyway I'll be back in a week or so. Thanks again @hammerhead for the opportunity.
20150601 031309

Tnelz

Tnelz

Here are number 1 through 4. Want to see which pots they like best and they will remain in these 1 gallon pots untill sex is shown. Number 1 is in an air pot, 2 is in a 1 gallon smarties, 3 is in a 1 gallon square pot and 4 is in a Hercules pot which is a different spin on the air pot. All topped 1 time. All doing great and in happy frog soil with oyster shells and xtra castings added. Also added to the hole is actinovate, caps nute pack and some greenstone foundation. The other 4 will all be in plain 1 gallon black nursery pots.
20150604 032937

Tnelz

Tnelz

So finally got all 9 transplanted. All are doing really well. Best root development was in the coco loco plant. After this grow it will be my medium of choice. If u can get it do so. Slightly amended coco. Amazing stuff has all the benefits of coco but is so close to soil it's crazy. Even water from 6 to 6.3 but I actually let it range as low as 5.8 and usually don't go above 6.2 but 6 to 6.1 r my usual feedings. Unreal root growth. Anyway just a quick update. Really enjoying this grow. I'll get some pics up in a couple days. Stay tuned yall this will go all the way. I will end up running the 2 best girls and hopefully find a keeper there. If veg smell has anything to do with it they are all fire. Really rank odor coming off these girls. Respect to @hammerhead.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

So finally got all 9 transplanted. All are doing really well. Best root development was in the coco loco plant. After this grow it will be my medium of choice. If u can get it do so. Slightly amended coco. Amazing stuff has all the benefits of coco but is so close to soil it's crazy. Even water from 6 to 6.3 but I actually let it range as low as 5.8 and usually don't go above 6.2 but 6 to 6.1 r my usual feedings. Unreal root growth. Anyway just a quick update. Really enjoying this grow. I'll get some pics up in a couple days. Stay tuned yall this will go all the way. I will end up running the 2 best girls and hopefully find a keeper there. If veg smell has anything to do with it they are all fire. Really rank odor coming off these girls. Respect to @hammerhead.
in case you didnt know, if your coco has more than 20% organic amendments(compost...ect) its considered a coco based SOIL...not just coco...or coco with perlite, but im talking organic amendments, if you got more than 20% in your mix, its now called soil...dont know ho wyour mix is but just thought id throw that out there...peat and coco are both soiless mixes, but i use both in my soil mix, i add alot of stuff to it making it a really nice soil

Tnelz

Tnelz

@Joe Fresh I to add both to my organic soil mixes. But This would be considered a soiless mix imo. I suppose that's up for debate but I've grown with actual supercoco and that would be more what ur speaking of. It was much more amended. It was a super soil only there was no soil. It was coco and acted like coco but it was a water only mix and it worked extremely well. U can check my results in introducing super coco. But any way this is just an update. Out of 9 I found 4 confirmed males and quite possibly 1 more. That leaves me plenty of plants to find my winner. @hammerhead before I toss the males just want u to know they are all really nice. I can't keep them due to space but not sure if u want to see them or anything. I'll hold on to them for 48 Hours. If I hear from u before that I'll gladly post pics or take a cut or whatever for u. All are super healthy and for veg plants super loud.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

hey tnelz....what kind of work castings are those? i see the side of the npk on it, and it seems to say 1-0- and i cant see the last number...just curious because the castings i use are 1-1-1

but yes tnelz, if your look into university agrigultural papers on soil, and soiless, basiclly anytime a soiless mix has more than 20% organic amendments added to it(20% of the total mix), it can no longer be called soiless, because it is now a soil ;)..i read a lot of university study papers, i enjoy gardening and learning

Tnelz

Tnelz

hey tnelz....what kind of work castings are those? i see the side of the npk on it, and it seems to say 1-0- and i cant see the last number...just curious because the castings i use are 1-1-1

but yes tnelz, if your look into university agrigultural papers on soil, and soiless, basiclly anytime a soiless mix has more than 20% organic amendments added to it(20% of the total mix), it can no longer be called soiless, because it is now a soil ;)..i read a lot of university study papers, i enjoy gardening and learning
@Joe Fresh hope it didn't seem like I though u were wrong. Not at all. Ur agricultural knowledge is to be comended bro. Ur a true og to me man. Id say coco loco is def a soiless medium. The consistency is way better than roots organic soiless mix but it's bushdoctors version is all. The super coco is probably under the category u speak of. I def didn't know that either. So as usual thanks for the wisdom. As for the castings I use a bunch of different kinds. That particular bag is worm power or something like that. Currently I have the castings from the people who make vermifire. Forget the name. I have access to most major labels as well as a few local farms castings. There is def a quality difference in all of them but like I said depends where I go. Respect. I'll be updating my deezy thread soon. The dirty Harry is huge lol. Its in coco loco though so I suppose it should be a but bigger.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

@Joe Fresh hope it didn't seem like I though u were wrong. Not at all. Ur agricultural knowledge is to be comended bro. Ur a true og to me man. Id say coco loco is def a soiless medium. The consistency is way better than roots organic soiless mix but it's bushdoctors version is all. The super coco is probably under the category u speak of. I def didn't know that either. So as usual thanks for the wisdom. As for the castings I use a bunch of different kinds. That particular bag is worm power or something like that. Currently I have the castings from the people who make vermifire. Forget the name. I have access to most major labels as well as a few local farms castings. There is def a quality difference in all of them but like I said depends where I go. Respect. I'll be updating my deezy thread soon. The dirty Harry is huge lol. Its in coco loco though so I suppose it should be a but bigger.

lol no worries man, its all good, im just here to give a bit of info..i love to learn, so when i find usefull or not useful info i like to share lol..was a university agricultural paper on the differences of soil vs soiless mediums.

glad their doing well for you, and yeah if you did get one of each, the vigor in the hashberry wwas crazy, so i can see how that gets passed down to the dirty harry...the deezy d is a very average plant in veg, but she does stink like skunk in veg...but she really shines in flower, you will notice that in the first 10 days ;)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@Tnelz Just catching up with your thread bro. Everything is looking good. Been crazy busy so I haven't been around much. Looks like I had already started my thread before I saw your invite to comingle with yours.

This Sbubb x Querkle will be my last run this season and come fall I will be taking the coco plunge. So I will def be picking your brain at times as I have no exp with coco. You seem to have the coco thing nailed!!! :D

I have some remodeling to do. I am going to do away with the refelctive material I have on the walls and will be going with a flat white paint on the walls. It has a LRV (light reflective value) of 94 and its a lot cheaper to slap a coat of this paint on then a lot of the marketed films. I dont care for the setup I have been using as it seems to create hotspots. This paint will even things out a bit and with a 94 lrv this should do just fine. Here is the product I am going to use. Sherwin Williams product
SW 7757 High Reflective White

Good luck with your run and hope you find the magic pheno!!!..................... Well shit I hope I do as well lol

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Thanks for the Info Joe Much appreciated :)
no prob man,m the whole reason i was curious in he first place about it is i was curious what would be the optimum ph range for my mix, then i started questioning if it was soil, or soiless, so i could know what the best ph range was for my custom mix, and thats when i came accross that bit of info

burn4me

burn4me

So what ph range did you choose for your mix? And what exactly is your mix consists of?

Top Bottom