Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

@Pimp T @CBDEMON @Lazerus00 I was just going through the new high times and found this. If u want some directions for rosin buy the new high times.
20150519 143210

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thats pretty awesome! Just also try to add your material to some sort of filter, it looks like they didn't put that in the pictures of the process
Glad u started this though. I've never been big on dabs. I'm not that old just about 40 but I'm a flower or hash guy. But this is such a clean technique I can't wait to get home from work tonight. Lol. 1 question can I just put it in a bowl or bong. It's really the only way I smoke. Or could I lace a joint with it? Also is this equal in strength to an actual dab or is it on the hash strength lvl? Like 1 hit done. Keep in mind I don't smoke much.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

@Tnelz Yeah, definitely you can put it in a bowl, roll it up in a doob, dab it, or even dissolve it in coconut oil and add to gel caps to make some awesome canna caps, nice for sleep meds. It is on par with bho without the "lung expansion" aka burn, its super smooth and tasty. Anything with nice terps with transfer over perfectly in the rosin

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

It seems to me that if its got resin heads in decent numbers and its not bone dry, it should work on it. You could try to remoisten your material and try again. Like I said earlier had some straight bone dry stuff and extracted the keif with the old school jar w/dry ice and panty hose technique and that moistened it back up enough for the formerly non usable material to be fit for the rosin process. @Pimp T

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@cbddemon but does quality make a difference because like I said I took some local bullshit and tried and got nothing..
I think the better quality bud or hash/kief the better quality rossin for sure...there is a guy on IG that seems legit and pretty cool from Portland, Maine and I'm pretty sure he runs a dispensary or something...anyway he got a huge T-shirt press to make rosin...It looks FUCKING AWESOME!!! He ends up with these big slabs of rosin and its freaking rad! He is also real cool with answering questions...his IG name is Portcityrelief...jut saying

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Yeah, higher quality starting material will always make a nicer end product. Some of the stuff made from high end starting material is absolutely clear like a super thin sheet of swiss cheese-holed ice. What I meant was that even lower quality stuff should be rosinable. I like the idea of trash to stash when the yield is already expected to be low (7-10%)

Tnelz

Tnelz

Yeah, higher quality starting material will always make a nicer end product. Some of the stuff made from high end starting material is absolutely clear like a super thin sheet of swiss cheese-holed ice. What I meant was that even lower quality stuff should be rosinable. I like the idea of trash to stash when the yield is already expected to be low (7-10%)
So I apologize for being a dumbo but what do I need besides the paper. Is a coffe filter enough? And do I just fold the filter in half over the weed and press on the hair thing. How much can I use. And last u said it should be not fully dry. So if I have some moist greasy nugs that aren't dry enough would those be the ones to use? Thanks ahead of time bro.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

I'm going to give a dry, non cured flower a press and I'll get right back to you guys. From what I've heard freshly cut material doesnt work well, but haven't personally tried it so like I said gonna try it real quick. when I do this I'll take a couple pics to outline the basic process, I could have been a little more descriptive. BRB.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Tnelz so this is basically hoe to do it..the kid is not using a hash screen to filter out the unwanted but you get the idea

oh and of course there is more vids on YT

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Alright, so it looks like it works with dry but uncured flowers:). Even better yield with hash. Here's what I did.

Parchment paper (important: NOT WAX PAPER) folded in half
DSC04345

Nug in center of filter---
DSC04346

Make a little crevasse in the center with your finger
DSC04347

Put flower in the divot
DSC04350

get the flower in a ball in the center and twist up the outer edges while trying to minimize folds in filter
DSC04351

put balled flower in filter into the folded parchment
DSC04352

Press with straightener on LOW for 6-7 seconds or until you start hearing it sizzle. may need to press again another 5 or so seconds if material isn't fully processed dried and cured
DSC04354

Scrape up the oil that condenses and put on a clean parchment. Your solventless hash oil is now ready to smoke/dab/eat
DSC04358

If there are more questions I'm happy to answer em to the best of my ability:) Hope it helped you visualize the process better!

DSC04353
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Alright, so it looks like it works with dry but uncured flowers:). Even better yield with hash. Here's what I did.

Parchment paper (important: NOT WAX PAPER) folded in half
View attachment 510672

Nug in center of filter---
View attachment 510673

Make a little crevasse in the center with your finger
View attachment 510674

Put flower in the divot
View attachment 510675

get the flower in a ball in the center and twist up the outer edges while trying to minimize folds in filter
View attachment 510676

put balled flower in filter into the folded parchment
View attachment 510677

Press with straightener on LOW for 6-7 seconds or until you start hearing it sizzle. may need to press again another 5 or so seconds if material isn't fully processed dried and cured
View attachment 510679

Scrape up the oil that condenses and put on a clean parchment. Your solventless hash oil is now ready to smoke/dab/eat
View attachment 510680
If there are more questions I'm happy to answer em to the best of my ability:) Hope it helped you visualize the process better!

lol your the man!! you described it super good and gave personal pics on every step...i took the lazy approach and posted a youtube vid,,,,hahahah

thanks bro

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

BTW the filter is definitely worth using! You're gonna want to use one to avoid contaminants like dried leaf and pistils in the oil
Oh and not sure if you mentioned but ive heard from a few ppl you don't really wanna use a bigger bud then like .5gs

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

yeah, @Lazerus00 I've rosined hash more than flower but you'll yield better per press if you press small amounts at a time. Use nugs that are about about .2 or .3

Latest posts

Top Bottom