Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

The jacks Line If you are Kewl with my input is a Out Standing base line,
The addition of a PK booster during flower like a 10 10 or even a Modified flowering mix of only the 5-12-26 of Jacks pro,
makes life EZ cheese lemon squeese.
Once I am in the flip I cut back on my Nitrogen to 60% bump the Jacks pro 5-12-26 up a bit and add the RAW PK booster
the outcome has been great.
@Lazerus00 PM me if you would like I will send you the complete recipe I use from start to fin Flush.
IMHO,
Peace
FlyJ

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

The jacks Line If you are Kewl with my input is a Out Standing base line,
The addition of a PK booster during flower like a 10 10 or even a Modified flowering mix of only the 5-12-26 of Jacks pro,
makes life EZ cheese lemon squeese.
Once I am in the flip I cut back on my Nitrogen to 60% bump the Jacks pro 5-12-26 up a bit and add the RAW PK booster
the outcome has been great.
@Lazerus00 PM me if you would like I will send you the complete recipe I use from start to fin Flush.
IMHO,
Peace
FlyJ
thank you so much!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey anybody have any idea which would be better for extracting essential oil from bud...Medical grade ispropyl alcohol 99% (it says it is mostly used for cleaning micro chip boards etc..) or just reg Johnson&Johnson 99% isopropyl alcohol...Or should I ask this in an extraction thread?? Please and thank you

these are the two im talking about in case I didn't explain it well..

MG Chemicals 824 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol Liquid Cleaner, 945ML (1 US Quart), Clear

Swan Isopropyl Alcohol, 99%, Pint, 16 OZ

In one of the reviews some guy says the MG one works great for extracting for him but not sure I can trust a random review...I just don't wanna use something that will be extra harmful for me, ya know??

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Essential oils as in resin right?First off, I'm personally not a fan of iso extractions, as with this method it straight rapes the terps to near null in the final product. Every iso extract I've made myself ends up an oily brown-black and smells like graphite (like pencil lead), its not dabbable - and to be honest even with a long cure it has always been a little burny on the throat when smoked. It also kinda takes a while for me to purge it to the point that im satisfied most of the alcohol has evaporated, ya definitely don't want to smoke any non evaporated iso residual. As long as the ingredients are 99% alcohol and 1% you should be fine with any brand though- the 1% water will also evap off with heat. Wish I had pictures to show ya on the process but back then I didn't really take many pics.

I know it sounds stupid, but if you or your lady have a hair straightener and some spare parchment, and maybe a spare clean teabag (for filtering plant material) laying around, you can make rosin. Super simple method, no solvents- just heat and pressure. It produces a very nice (dabbable) oil or shatter dependent on strain it preserves terpenes very nicely, usually actually stronger potency than most bubble hash and all iso out there as well. All you do to try it out is grab a little tester bud a little bigger than a large bowl and stick it in a piece of parchment folded in half once and give the bud a press with the heated hair straightener for about 6-7seconds. You'll hear a sizzle as the oils are extracted onto the folded parchment around the material, then scrape up the oil that distilled onto the parchment. Its definitely worth a try man. You don't have to dab it either if thats not your style. You can put it on a bowl or even eat a little bit of it because it's decarbed from the heat extraction process.
Here's what I got from testing it out on less than amazing starting material. I used hash instead of flowers.

From a little junk to a little funk.
DSC03793

The spot in the middle with no oil is where the hash ball layed when it was folded in the once folded parchment. I used a 25 micron hash pressing screen to filter out the plant material.
DSC03794

here's some rosin made from keif
11256785 1579938772255464 1666557850 n

Tnelz

Tnelz

I use the hydro QUOTE="Lazerus00, post: 1468257, member: 66587"]hey @Tnelz when you talk about using jacks do you just mean using the "all purpose" and "bloom booster"[/QUOTE]
I
Essential oils as in resin right?First off, I'm personally not a fan of iso extractions, as with this method it straight rapes the terps to near null in the final product. Every iso extract I've made myself ends up an oily brown-black and smells like graphite (like pencil lead), its not dabbable - and to be honest even with a long cure it has always been a little burny on the throat when smoked. It also kinda takes a while for me to purge it to the point that im satisfied most of the alcohol has evaporated, ya definitely don't want to smoke any non evaporated iso residual. As long as the ingredients are 99% alcohol and 1% you should be fine with any brand though- the 1% water will also evap off with heat. Wish I had pictures to show ya on the process but back then I didn't really take many pics.

I know it sounds stupid, but if you or your lady have a hair straightener and some spare parchment, and maybe a spare clean teabag (for filtering plant material) laying around, you can make rosin. Super simple method, no solvents- just heat and pressure. It produces a very nice (dabbable) oil or shatter dependent on strain it preserves terpenes very nicely, usually actually stronger potency than most bubble hash and all iso out there as well. All you do to try it out is grab a little tester bud a little bigger than a large bowl and stick it in a piece of parchment folded in half once and give the bud a press with the heated hair straightener for about 6-7seconds. You'll hear a sizzle as the oils are extracted onto the folded parchment around the material, then scrape up the oil that distilled onto the parchment. Its definitely worth a try man. You don't have to dab it either if thats not your style. You can put it on a bowl or even eat a little bit of it because it's decarbed from the heat extraction process.
Here's what I got from testing it out on less than amazing starting material. I used hash instead of flowers.

View attachment 510500

The spot in the middle with no oil is where the hash ball layed when it was folded in the once folded parchment. I used a 25 micron hash pressing screen to filter out the plant material.
View attachment 510501

View attachment 510502
Awesome bro. Perfect for this thread. Thanks. I'm trying it tonight. Good looks. And u say it keeps the terps so it should be tasty. Awesome bro.

Tnelz

Tnelz

hey @Tnelz when you talk about using jacks do you just mean using the "all purpose" and "bloom booster"
I use Jacks hydro 5 12 26 with the calnit and Epsom. In bloom I add crystal burst but next bloom run I'll be going with massive instead. Or maybe just the Jacks. Good stuff and it's easy. I'm running it along side canna right now. Going forward I think coco loco is going to be my medium and I think the canna is going to be my choice. Not cuz it's better but because I believe it's better with that medium. Hope that's clear. I'm getting away from plain coco. As u already know I'm a soil grower right now but I do use coco as well because I think it's the best. But coco loco really meshes the 2 together really well. It's coco and to this point I'm seeing the coco benefits but it's very similar to soil to. Even want a slightly higher pH when watering. It's awesome stuff. Sorry I'm hi. Rambling.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

@tnelzExcited to hear how it works for you man! you can also use an unbleached coffee filter to filter your material as well. When you put it in the filter try to get it in a ball in the middle and tighten it by twisting it up, making sure that there are as few folds in the filter as possible to minimize loss in yield

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

View attachment 510500

View attachment 510501

View attachment 510502

Thank you so much for your honesty and all the pointers and information!! I already got a 2in hair straightener with temp read out and control, I also have a few 25 micron mesh screens like the ones you use to dry while you making ice bubble and I heard those work well too! I got both parchment and some of that PTFE paper. Also for when it comes time for harvest I bought a trim tray that is 3 trays in one and the top one is 200 micron, middle is 150, and bottom is 100, then there is a smooth surface under that 100 screen to collect all the kief/pollen...I also have one of those T presses to make lil pucks. I'm all about keeping things as natural as possible and am eventually going to get some bags to make ice hash but just not in the budget right now. I just was thinking since it was so cheap I would try making iso but after hearing what you had to say I think I'll stick to rosin until I can make ice hash! Again thank you so much for dropping that knowledge on me bro!!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@CBDEMON and just to be clear you put the hash/flower in the screen folded with the parchment/PTFE folded around that...right?

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

yessir @Lazerus00 then press down firmly. You might want to use an oven mit so you can make sure the press the heating surface directly over what you're pressing

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I use Jacks hydro 5 12 26 with the calnit and Epsom. In bloom I add crystal burst but next bloom run I'll be going with massive instead. Or maybe just the Jacks. Good stuff and it's easy. I'm running it along side canna right now. Going forward I think coco loco is going to be my medium and I think the canna is going to be my choice. Not cuz it's better but because I believe it's better with that medium. Hope that's clear. I'm getting away from plain coco. As u already know I'm a soil grower right now but I do use coco as well because I think it's the best. But coco loco really meshes the 2 together really well. It's coco and to this point I'm seeing the coco benefits but it's very similar to soil to. Even want a slightly higher pH when watering. It's awesome stuff. Sorry I'm hi. Rambling.

Thanks bro!! I was telling power a while ago that I think I am going to try coco loco too next run and try to take you advice of keeping it as simple as possible and make it my mantra!!!...LOL...Ill put that shit on a banner and put it where I mix nutes and keep all my shit!!hahahaha

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

@Lazerus00 try to get it in a ball in the screen, it seems to work better. Tried it folded in the screen and it took more presses to rosin the keif than in a ball. not exactly scientific but I think it worked better and I've heard others suggest it.

edit: sorry for blabberin, I'm high as well haha:)

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Lazerus00 try to get it in a ball in the screen, it seems to work better. Tried it folded in the screen and it took more presses to rosin the keif than in a ball. not exactly scientific but I think it worked better and I've heard others suggest it.

edit: sorry for blabberin, I'm high as well haha:)
ok wait now im confused..your saying get the all in the screen and not folded in the screen...on my head thats the same thing...I was going to have the screen layed out on the counter, put the hash/kief/flower in the middle of the screen and fold it in half, then put that on a piece of parchment and fold that in half around the screen that is folded in half...is that not right?? sorry if im being a lil dumb

Pimp T

Pimp T

YO @CBDEMON I definitely need your coaching on the rosin tech I've tried to rosin local garbage twice and it doesn't work. What temps should the flat iron be on? 6-7 seconds hard press? Do buds have to be a certain level of quality?

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

@Lazerus00 Yeah, you're sort of folding the filter, but not in half. fold the parchment in half though- thats what your filter bag with the material in it gets placed in. When you put it in the filter try to get it in a ball in the middle making sure that there are as few folds in the filter as possible to minimize loss in yield. Twist the end without the material into a tail, making sure that there are as few folds in the filter near the material as possible to minimize loss in yield

@Pimp T Most of em are around 300 F on low, its best to shoot for as low as the thing goes. Yeah, six or seven seconds and it should be all juiced unless you're rosining hash. I've found that dry buds don't rosin, even if they're frosty, so somethings going on there in the process pertaining to moisture content allowing it to extract properly. The last time I made rosin for fun and to try something new- I took dry ass material and shake and used dry ice n a jar to make a keif shaker with panty hose then took the keif and it actually moistened the material up enough again to rosin it. Doesn't work on fresh buds either though I've heard- never tried that one personally though.

Last edited:
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Lazerus00 Yeah, you're sort of folding the filter, but not in half. fold the parchment in half though- thats what your filter bag with the material in it gets placed in. When you put it in the filter try to get it in a ball in the middle making sure that there are as few folds in the filter as possible to minimize loss in yield. Twist the end without the material into a tail, making sure that there are as few folds in the filter near the material as possible to minimize loss in yield
Okay okay... I totally understand now!! Thanks again homey!!

and not working on fresh buds...you mean undried and uncured?

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I'm 90% sure I am in gonna be at the Champs trade show in AC on Thursday in case anyone is going...just saying...

Latest posts

Top Bottom