Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

These things prolly work great! The problem is I'm just not a big fan of bugs in general. I wouldn't be okay if every time I had to water each plant I had to run the risk of lil beetles running over my hands just bc I am handling the pot. It's also why I never went the ladybug or praying mantis way. I know I sound like a little girl, and to be honest most lil girls aren't as bothered as me, but it is what it is... I think the goal for me is to not have any bugs big enough for me to see....im cool with all the micro organisms and stuff but nothing bigger.thanks for the info thou

I love @SeaF0ur suggestion but if one of the things touched me I'd fucking scream like a bitch.lol. No rove beetles for me.

They're the size of ants... and they live in the soil up to 18 inches deep that I've found at transplant time... I personally love them... they curl their asses in the air as if they thought they were scorpions and when they fly, they look like tiny seahorses... I'm quite fond of them in addition to the help they do eating my pests because they're just cool lil insects....

they are also somewhat solitary, so you'll never get some coordinated swarm crawling up your arm... they like the soil.

Tnelz

Tnelz

They're the size of ants... and they live in the soil up to 18 inches deep that I've found at transplant time... I personally love them... they curl their asses in the air as if they thought they were scorpions and when they fly, they look like tiny seahorses... I'm quite fond of them in addition to the help they do eating my pests because they're just cool lil insects....
Agree they are crazy useful and cool but none the less if one touched me I'd probably pass out. lol. I will for sure invest in some for my outdoor next year though.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Agree they are crazy useful and cool but none the less if one touched me I'd probably pass out. lol. I will for sure invest in some for my outdoor next year though.

Too funny. I got to look into these!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
What happened to you that you're phobic of insects? Not criticizing I'm a bitch around spiders after a very young encounter with a large wolf spider. The irrational fears we carry always fascinate me

Tnelz

Tnelz

What happened to you that you're phobic of insects? Not criticizing I'm a bitch around spiders after a very young encounter with a large wolf spider. The irrational fears we carry always fascinate me
So I've had various unpleasant encounters thought my 40 years. The one that stands out most is a June bug was locked on to me once and I couldn't get it off me. I was loosing my mind and truly almost passed out. I'm known to be a fairly rough guy in my parts and needless to say those that witnessed that have never let me forget it. Lol. Also allergic to bees. Threw a nerf football at a huge nest thinking I could out run whatever came out and also figured if I couldn't I'd just jump in the pool. Well first I couldn't out run the 50 or so that got me and hornets don't stop stinging even in water. At least until they freeze or drown. Honestly though I'm going to chalk it up to just plain being afraid no real valid reason.

shemshemet

shemshemet

@Tnelz I was skeptical at first. They are big red and slow moving. But its been almost half a year now since noticing them and no plant damage. Been spider-mite free for a long time now as well. At least 1 year if not 2.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Week 7 tomorrow in my 4x4.Things are looking pretty good.There's a seed here in there among the chocolope x fruity thai but all in all that's the way it goes sometimes.The lemon cookies are looking good and the clones I took will be kept.
My 6x16 phresh cannot keep up with the

aromas from the girls but it's been over a year since I got it,time for another.
They say up to two years and I guess that could work with less aromatic plants.
View attachment 552655 View attachment 552656 View attachment 552657 View attachment 552658 View attachment 552659 View attachment 552660 View attachment 552661
looking real nice bro

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

For nelz
time to eat a teaspoon of concrete nelz , roflmao , ud hate my tents hunsman spider are welcome .
sure you want to vist oz we got all the good stuff .

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So I've had various unpleasant encounters thought my 40 years. The one that stands out most is a June bug was locked on to me once and I couldn't get it off me. I was loosing my mind and truly almost passed out. I'm known to be a fairly rough guy in my parts and needless to say those that witnessed that have never let me forget it. Lol. Also allergic to bees. Threw a nerf football at a huge nest thinking I could out run whatever came out and also figured if I couldn't I'd just jump in the pool. Well first I couldn't out run the 50 or so that got me and hornets don't stop stinging even in water. At least until they freeze or drown. Honestly though I'm going to chalk it up to just plain being afraid no real valid reason.
What up TWIN!! Joey Crack the Don!!...lol....I'm also allergic to bees!! When I was at summer camp one year when I was 8 or so, I was being a dick talking shit to one of the older kids and him and his friends threw me into a wasp nest!! Consulers had to run over and carry me inside where to get all the bees off of me quickly the took my shirt and pants off!!! OMG was I embarrassed!!! Especially since we were nowhere private and I was 8!!!!! It was quite the traumatic experience!!

Tnelz

Tnelz

I hate spiders but will pick up a snake in a heart beat! Go figure!
I used to own and breed diamond x carpet pythons and reticulated pythons. Owned everything from a Chinese water monitor to a salt water croc. Love reptiles but bugs not so much.

Tnelz

Tnelz

its a gang thing isnt it? or are you not down with the red orbatid mite for another reason?
However for the record if it was a gang issue red would be fine. It's the blue that I don't like so much. Lol

DismalDude

DismalDude

View attachment 552708
time to eat a teaspoon of concrete nelz , roflmao , ud hate my tents hunsman spider are welcome .
sure you want to vist oz we got all the good stuff .
Spiders creep me the hell out.I ran through the yard one year some time ago right through the web of a garden/writing spider.It was smack dab in the middle of my face and the web wrapped around my head.The sound that came out of me was surely the scream of a little girl...
About like this...

Latest posts

Top Bottom