Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I love @SeaF0ur suggestion but if one of the things touched me I'd fucking scream like a bitch.lol. No rove beetles for me.
oh thank god im not the only one....i was like everybody is gonna say something about me not liking bugs....lol

organix4207

organix4207

I think for sure these fungus gnats would be much easier to deal with if I were using regular plastic potting pots or even smart pots. Since I am using airpots these lil fuckers don't necessarily need to use the top layer of soil, they can enter anywhere on the pot that they would like to. It makes for ridding myself from them damn near impossible!!
Ya the air pot thing is going to be tricky !! I run a layer of diatomite on top of my coco. This way the coco never dry's out but the diatomite does , the microscopic diatoms will slice the exoskeleton of many pests !!! It is also a great source of silica and other micro nutes.

organix4207

organix4207

I cannot say it enough... these fellas love to eat em... along with just about everything else... simple fix.
I dont even consider gnats a pest. theyre just food... and I barely see one or two a week

If you're using the old kind.... not sure which book is best but they all are very similar...
If you do open her up make sure to not short out the starter/capacitor! !! It will certainly be a lifting experience if ya do lol
Be safe homie :)

DismalDude

DismalDude

Week 7 tomorrow in my 4x4.Things are looking pretty good.There's a seed here in there among the chocolope x fruity thai but all in all that's the way it goes sometimes.The lemon cookies are looking good and the clones I took will be kept.
My 6x16 phresh cannot keep up with the aromas from the girls but it's been over a year since I got it,time for another.
They say up to two years and I guess that could work with less aromatic plants.
IMG 20151130 095326795
IMG 20151130 095724482
IMG 20151130 100003965
IMG 20151130 100059807
IMG 20151130 100152247
IMG 20151130 100704143
IMG 20151130 101121178

Tnelz

Tnelz

Just hung a 315 cmh alongside my 1k I'll run it this way till Friday when I can just replace my other ballast. Hopefully it doesn't cost me. My boy seems to think ill do better. We will see. But once I cop the new ballast I'll leave the 315 in there as well so better spectrum and more light so sometimes a bad thing turns into a blessing.

Junk

Junk

Fuck come into work this morning to do the christmas decorations and some fuck ram raided us even left there empty ice vials laying around , 50k worth of chainsaws and quik cuts . so fucking now im doing claim forms and liasing with a very uninterested police force .
Wow, that sucks bro, sorry. $50k worth of equipment is a lot!

organix4207

organix4207

Just hung a 315 cmh alongside my 1k I'll run it this way till Friday when I can just replace my other ballast. Hopefully it doesn't cost me. My boy seems to think ill do better. We will see. But once I cop the new ballast I'll leave the 315 in there as well so better spectrum and more light so sometimes a bad thing turns into a blessing.
Is this in your flower room the light is out ? If so adding the full spectrum cmh can change the terepene profile and the info red will increase resin production.

Junk

Junk

I'm very interested in the outcome. I would really like to veg 6 plants & compare them. 3 different strains, but all cuts from the same plants. Run 3 under the 315, & the other 3 under the Horti Blue, just to see which does better.

I realize it's expensive, I've seen them on line for $150, but the Horti Blue really does an amazing job. I'd love to test it next to the 315. I've been told by someone who has forgotten more lights than I will ever run, that the 315 is the best vegger he has ever seen. He has not tried the Blue though...

I wish I had my license man, I'd love to see them in action.

Junk

Junk

Week 7 tomorrow in my 4x4.Things are looking pretty good.There's a seed here in there among the chocolope x fruity thai but all in all that's the way it goes sometimes.The lemon cookies are looking good and the clones I took will be kept.
My 6x16 phresh cannot keep up with the aromas from the girls but it's been over a year since I got it,time for another.
View attachment 552655 View attachment 552656 View attachment 552657 View attachment 552658 View attachment 552659 View attachment 552660 View attachment 552661
What happened, did you get a no-nanner hermie? I had one of those my last run. First hermie for me ever :(

Tnelz

Tnelz

Is this in your flower room the light is out ? If so adding the full spectrum cmh can change the terepene profile and the info red will increase resin production.
Yes it is. I do realize the resin output will increase. The dude that lent me the light uses nothing but 315 cmh and he kills it. My ballast burnt out last night for some odd reason and I'm sick about it. This run is my most important ever and can't afford for something like this to happen. In saying that it will only be like this for 5 days. I'll have a fresh 1k in there Friday. But now I also have the 315 so obviously I'm adding the extra spectrum and actual light for the remainder of the grow. I think over the next few days I will loose but overall I will win. Time will tell.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I'm very interested in the outcome. I would really like to veg 6 plants & compare them. 3 different strains, but all cuts from the same plants. Run 3 under the 315, & the other 3 under the Horti Blue, just to see which does better.

I realize it's expensive, I've seen them on line for $150, but the Horti Blue really does an amazing job. I'd love to test it next to the 315. I've been told by someone who has forgotten more lights than I will ever run, that the 315 is the best vegger he has ever seen. He has not tried the Blue though...

I wish I had my license man, I'd love to see them in action.
I think the cmh would be the winner. In saying that I think using a cmh or horti blue for veg only would be a colossal waste of money. Just one mans opinion. Both work really well in bloom from what I have seen first hand and considering t5 will veg the shit out of your plants and for the cost of the horti blue you can get a 4 ft 4 bulb t5 that uses less electricity and gives off less heat. Now I just bought a cheap ass 600 watt led and I'd put the veg from it up against anything. Fucking kills it and cost me shit. I also as you know vegged under a cheap ass 400 watt mh and that killed it as well. Just feel like if you didn't want to use them for bloom it's way to much money and both have already proven their worth as full term lights.

Tnelz

Tnelz

View attachment 552655 View attachment 552656 View attachment 552657 View attachment 552658 View attachment 552659 View attachment 552660 View attachment 552661
Looking good bro. Dude as u know something happened to my last harvest and I had a shit ton of seeds. First time it ever happened to me and I never saw a single banner any place. End of the day the herb was still very hi quality and not a single person complained. Fuck a couple beans. Lol

Junk

Junk

Sent you a pm about the ballast...
I think the cmh would be the winner. In saying that I think using a cmh or horti blue for veg only would be a colossal waste of money. Just one mans opinion. Both work really well in bloom from what I have seen first hand and considering t5 will veg the shit out of your plants and for the cost of the horti blue you can get a 4 ft 4 bulb t5 that uses less electricity and gives off less heat. Now I just bought a cheap ass 600 watt led and I'd put the veg from it up against anything. Fucking kills it and cost me shit. I also as you know vegged under a cheap ass 400 watt mh and that killed it as well. Just feel like if you didn't want to use them for bloom it's way to much money and both have already proven their worth as full term lights.

I agree using it solely for veg is a waste. But that's not how you run it, (or at least not how I do).

The blue is only taken out 4-6 weeks during flower. But you run it through most of the stretch, pop in HPS, & for the last couple weeks the blue goes back in.

I think in this run I'm going to keep it in the whole time & just run an HPS along side it...see what happens. I think it's due to the extra resin production, but my weights with the Blue are considerably higher.

Last edited:
Tnelz

Tnelz

Sent you a pm about the ballast...

I agree using it solely for veg is a waste. But that's not how you run it, (or at least not how I do).

The blue is only taken out 4-6 weeks during flower. But you run it through most of the stretch, pop in HPS, & for the last couple weeks the blue goes back in.

I think in this run I'm going to keep it in the whole time & just run an HPS along side it...see what happens. I think it's due to the extra resin production, but my weights with the Blue are considerably higher.
I'd do exactly that. I'd run it together for sure. End of the day I feel like the coverage you get from the cmh is just unbeatable. 3 lights for every 1 1k horti ya know. What's even better is ur still under 1k wattage wise. So I'd be running 6 315s to my 2 thousands. I can't see how that won't be better. Home brew 420 and my boy are enough for me to see. Those dudes destroy with nothing but cmh.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Loving my CMH ! I only use it to flower with. T5s for veg in my cabinet. Tnelz, I think you will kill it with 3x315 over a 1000. Should recoup costs pretty quick.

Top Bottom