Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

19delta

No I don't have any elite cuts,just cuts of my own . Iv noticed gg4 seems to get passed around the same time as the illuminati as iv seen it grown together a few times.
ive noticed the same when i got the illuminati 2 years ago.... not many people was running her... i know i did my part and sharing her though .......

everyone use to talk about the corey haim, ,kyle kushman, or guave cut all the time ..... im glad the illuminati cut is going around more...

J

jinxjj

My first crop of good plants! The lower buds were still alittle immature as they were not getting much light since canopy was so thick. Lesson learned for next time, need to keep the bottoms nice and clean so only the big fat buds grow. Have loads more of these i am giving more time, i think these might have been cut a little early, what do you guys think? First grow so i really have no idea what i am doing lol.

BTW, these were grown under LED the whollllle time :)

20150304 200811
20150304 200815
20150304 200830
20150304 200845
20150304 200853
20150304 202503
20150304 202517
Last edited:
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Can't wait until I become more seasoned and am in the scene so I
My first crop of good plants! The lower buds were still alittle immature as they were not getting much light since canopy was so thick. Lesson learned for next time, need to keep the bottoms nice and clean so only the big fat buds grow. Have loads more of these i am giving more time, i think these might have been cut a little early, what do you guys think? First grow so i really have no idea what i am doing lol.

BTW, these were grown under LED the whollllle time :)
Wow! That's so awesome for your first grow! I am just starting my first grow now and can only hope to be as succesful as you!! How many plants did you grow alltogether? What kind of LED lighting? Anyway I'm sure one of the far more experienced growers will let you know about the chop but to me looks all good!;)

J

jinxjj

I have more details in my journal under grow diaries section but i had them under 1 450-watt G8 VEG LED and then under a 450WATT BLOOM ONLY G8 LED. About half way thru bloom i was able to get my hands on a dirt cheap 450watt BLOOM from someone so doubled up the lights from that point on and it really helped bulk them up. Probably 20-25ish plants in a 4x3 area.

I tried to do SOG but i would really call this a sea of madness since i let the plants get way to big, some of the sativas i still have finishing are like 6-7 feet tall i had to bend them over. I fucking hate them because they barely have any buds and take up so much damn space!!! But i want to save a few for summer and see how they do outside...

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey guys, so I've taken into consideration all the benefits of removing the glass like you suggested and I do believe I am going to do it....Another question thou...so my tent is 5x5x7, it has a lil rectangle window in the middle bottom of each side and has a tight mesh screen so I can leave the windows open and get fresh air inside...I also have an extra inline fan but it is just one of those booster fans that is 240cfm and completely cylinder. My question is do you think i should just leave those lil windows open or I was thinking that i could put like a foot, foot and a half of ducting on each side of it and set it in one of the bottom duct openings on the side of the tent and have fresh air blowing in, either constantly or on a timer...My only fear of doing the ladder is the air being blown in would not be filtered at all and I fear like dust particles and other unwanteds might be blowing in. I know that keeping a clean tent and clean outside of the tent is very important but it is in my basement on a rug, no matter how much I stay on top of it, its an old house and dust is bound to evade me...Thoughts?? Ideas??
As always please and thank you!!

J

jinxjj

I still have the glass on mine, is it really that much of a boost to take it off?

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I have more details in my journal under grow diaries section but i had them under 1 450-watt G8 VEG LED and then under a 450WATT BLOOM ONLY G8 LED. About half way thru bloom i was able to get my hands on a dirt cheap 450watt BLOOM from someone so doubled up the lights from that point on and it really helped bulk them up. Probably 20-25ish plants in a 4x3 area.

I tried to do SOG but i would really call this a sea of madness since i let the plants get way to big, some of the sativas i still have finishing are like 6-7 feet tall i had to bend them over. I fucking hate them because they barely have any buds and take up so much damn space!!! But i want to save a few for summer and see how they do outside...
That's nuts, I have a 5x5 tent and thought my 4 plants would have a tough time fitting if they get as big and bulky as I dream!! I know you were trying SOG so you can do a lot more, the idea being keeping them small, but till 20? 25?...hats off my friend! Glad you got some quality bud your first time around! I hope I do too!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@jinxjj If you read the last page or two of posts, apparently yes, it give better light and more of it, plus I am in a really cold environment and it couldn't hurt having some more heat!...Doh!! I have an HID system thou...not LED...SORRY...I dont know if it applies to LED

J

jinxjj

I'd imagine anything in front will block to a degree but i dont know if its worth the risk of exposing the circuit board for a small boost.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hey Hows ya doin @Lazerus00
removing the glass

better light

more heat
IMHO
if you have a tent that is stayin cool and you intend to remove the glass from your Light fixture then be prepared for the swing from lights on lights off, If at lights off to lights on the temp increases too much you Can upset your ladies, 10 degrees is a fair amount but if lets say you have 68-83 jump you could cause herming and that sux...
so play with the air vents and try and keep the swing in control.

Also You are getting more UVB/UVA when you remove the glass this will let the plant defend itself by sending more trikes to protect its leaves buds from the UVB lighting givin better Bud... JMO

Again the temp of your tent and its relative humidity is very important... watch both if you remove it, a temp comtroler for the Fan is your Best Plan.
Grow for it Bro and May your Ladies be Green and your Buds Sticky Dank
Peace FlyJ

Power OG

Power OG

Hey just set up my 5x5x7 a few weeks ago, I have a 4" intake can fan w/duct coming in bottom port, I have Hyper 6 fan and carbon filter exhausting tent, and I have a 6"can fan 260cfm exhausting the 1000w xxxl air cooled hood. Everything is smooth sailing

J

jinxjj

Hey just set up my 5x5x7 a few weeks ago, I have a 4" intake can fan w/duct coming in bottom port, I have Hyper 6 fan and carbon filter exhausting tent, and I have a 6"can fan 260cfm exhausting the 1000w xxxl air cooled hood. Everything is smooth sailing

Love the hyper fan, so quiet and powerful and SMALL!

Power OG

Power OG

Love the hyper fan, so quiet and powerful and SMALL!
Yes they are, we building a 10x10 atm and will be using the Hyper 10 for exhaust, which is like mini jet turbine and the Hyper 6 as a intake. Will be running 4 -1600w Mars II leds, 6 -16" hurricane fans, I big stupid phresh carbon filter, I can't wait to get some pics up of the build, we just started gutting room, so should have pics soon.
Respect

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Need a room Mate lol
I work for Bud and Ice cream
I can even watch plants grow . . . . .
All DAY LONG
justa Funnin I believe my PTSD group likes to have me here
so Its a good thing to do...
I will be right by your buildin, growin, good vibes spreadin, Threadin P man
FlyJ

Power OG

Power OG

Need a room Mate lol
I work for Bud and Ice cream
I can even watch plants grow . . . . .
All DAY LONG
justa Funnin I believe my PTSD group likes to have me here
so Its a good thing to do...
I will be right by your buildin, growin, good vibes spreadin, Threadin P man
FlyJ
Your always welcome at my spot FlynJ man. Your vibes are always welcome as well.
Respect

Tnelz

Tnelz

Ok fellas first jinx for a first grow u did an amazing job. Always things u can do to improve but that comes with experience and learning ur plants. Super super frost buds brother. Big props to u bro. Now as for the glass in ur hood. It's an opinion so it can go either way. If u remove ur glass u do get about 10% more light no doubt but u have to keep ur plants so far away the difference is negligible. I've grown both ways and air cooled sealed hood is how I do it now. U can get ur lamp so much closed that u make up for that loss and I promise u u won't see much difference in plant health or final yield. But u will see a difference in heat for sure. U will be battling constantly to keep the heat down so my vote is for leaving the glass in. U do loose the Uv no doubt but that's assuming ur bulb even gives off Uv. Most say they do but actually don't so honestly like I said it's negligible. If u want to add some Uv to the finishing stages of ur bloom throw a couple hortilux t5s in there. They are relatively inexpensive and throw a ton of Uv. Good luck either way brother and jinx great job. Respect.

J

jinxjj

Ok fellas first jinx for a first grow u did an amazing job. Always things u can do to improve but that comes with experience and learning ur plants. Super super frost buds brother. Big props to u bro. Now as for the glass in ur hood. It's an opinion so it can go either way. If u remove ur glass u do get about 10% more light no doubt but u have to keep ur plants so far away the difference is negligible. I've grown both ways and air cooled sealed hood is how I do it now. U can get ur lamp so much closed that u make up for that loss and I promise u u won't see much difference in plant health or final yield. But u will see a difference in heat for sure. U will be battling constantly to keep the heat down so my vote is for leaving the glass in. U do loose the Uv no doubt but that's assuming ur bulb even gives off Uv. Most say they do but actually don't so honestly like I said it's negligible. If u want to add some Uv to the finishing stages of ur bloom throw a couple hortilux t5s in there. They are relatively inexpensive and throw a ton of Uv. Good luck either way brother and jinx great job. Respect.

Thanks man, much respect coming from you. Do you think they were taken at the right time? Alot of the lower stuff that didnt see much light is all white hairs still.

Top Bottom