Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

When the ash burns grey it's a sign that the nutrients have been flushed out.Now I'm just relating what I've read and not an expert but I believe it to be true.
Thats crazy. Out of curiosity, what does it look like with no flush? / a bad flush

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Is that the harbor down by the airport? There's some cool spots out there. San Diego is gorgeous. I remember convincing my little girls that this huuuge pirate ship was a real pirate ship and only pirates were allowed near it. Haha. I love peaking their lil imaginations
That was Laguna beach

Junk

Junk

after my research on this matter ive come to the conclusion , the 630 is a wank factor unless ur running sealed co2 .
I agree. I AM sealed & Co2, but I would still opt for two 315's as opposed to a 630. But if you were to hand me a 630 I wouldn't say no lol. I think the grow beast makes even less sense.

My shop carries them now, but I have yet to see one in action (in real life).

Junk

Junk

Would having this 8in air-cooled hood with both a 1k hps lamp and a 1k mh lamp inside it be TOO much light for my lil ole 5x5 tent?
In my opinion, possibly lol. Even with co2. Putting temps aside, 80w per ft2 is a lot. I think it's in the margin where you might have plants that will take it, & some that can't. Ones that would take it though (I think you would def need co2) would rock.

Come flower time though, that much light with co2, it's very hard to keep humidity down. I would do either dual 600, or, I think the 1k hps & a 400w mh is perfect.

I'm running it without glass at the moment, sealed, co2, ambient is 55*, tent is 82* Tent is 8'x8'. That's with a 1k hps & a 400 mh only right now. (In other words, at the moment I'm running only one hood)

If you have been thinking about that hood there is a vid on youtube....I cannot find it. But it compared the Raptor to iirc, two other large hoods. The Raptor won handily.

However, it was not tested against the Sun System Epic...which is about 3" wider & 3" longer, & 98% reflective material.

Does anyone have a PAR meter they want to lend for a test? We could make some sort of arrangement whereby you can't get screwed, (though I wouldn't do that anyway) but in my opinion, the biggest, most expensive hood, should be compared to the other front runner, but I lack a par meter.

DismalDude

DismalDude

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Got my Christmas stockings hung. :)
IMG 20151217 113539089
IMG 20151217 114107343
IMG 20151217 114654178
IMG 20151217 114737065
IMG 20151217 114922873
IMG 20151217 115354359
IMG 20151217 120954943

Junk

Junk

Picked the best out of the three lgxsd I've got and took a lower branch. Apparently it takes about 4 weeks for clones in flower to root and revert? This might ware my nerves out.

Popped it in a root riot plug soaked in azos and stuck it in a humidity zone. Seems like day temps around 76 and night around 72. Should it be warmer?

4 weeks is still a bit long. But I think it's because of your temps. I find clones like 85* 70-80% rh.

I keep them under 24 hours until they root. Anecdotally, this quickens the root time for me.

Also @Tnelz & some other mentioned they get roots faster with no clone gel etc if using peet plugs/root riot.

I've been doing it that way ever since, & damn it, they were right. It roots faster without rooting products!

Not only that, but they look better while they do it. Before, there would always be a short period where the clones didn't look so hot. Using just the Root Riot & no other products it never looks "sad." It looks like it never left the mother the whole time.

Junk

Junk

I find that running these bulbs too close causes issues. 4-5 ft seems to be the sweet spot in my experience.
Really? That's the first time I've heard that. Not doubting you, I've not even touched one, but everyone I have talked to says they need to be run close to the plant.

Maybe they are talking about flowering?

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

4 weeks is still a bit long. But I think it's because of your temps. I find clones like 85* 70-80% rh.

I keep them under 24 hours until they root. Anecdotally, this quickens the root time for me.

Also @Tnelz & some other mentioned they get roots faster with no clone gel etc if using peet plugs/root riot.

I've been doing it that way ever since, & damn it, they were right. It roots faster without rooting products!

Not only that, but they look better while they do it. Before, there would always be a short period where the clones didn't look so hot. Using just the Root Riot & no other products it never looks "sad." It looks like it never left the mother the whole time.
Yeah fuck rooting gel. Its for the birds.

Junk

Junk

Ok? Come by more man. I'm rocking a 315 in a 4 x 4 approx 4 to 5 feet away and I'm beyond impressed. Thanks for coming by Cap!
Agreed. I've already read all your past posts....I wish I had more of your knowledge.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I could see using my 315 higher if I was using it for veg. I am using it to flower and try to keep it closer to penetrate deeper.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So now its kinda a debate between the nanolux 315w lec or the sun sytems 315w lec...The nanolux is 400$ but doesn't come with a lamp, so with the lamp like 490$ where as the sun systems with lamp is the same like 500$. The reason i am leaning sun systems way is bc it is 6in shorter in height and i feel that will help since i dont have the ceiling height i should....Anybody use either of these and have any suggestions on which to get??? Or y'all think they are pretty much the same??

Junk

Junk

So now its kinda a debate between the nanolux 315w lec or the sun sytems 315w lec...The nanolux is 400$ but doesn't come with a lamp, so with the lamp like 490$ where as the sun systems with lamp is the same like 500$. The reason i am leaning sun systems way is bc it is 6in shorter in height and i feel that will help since i dont have the ceiling height i should....Anybody use either of these and have any suggestions on which to get??? Or y'all think they are pretty much the same??
No, they aren't the same.

My shop bought both for stock & display, but he is dropping the Nano's because they just feel cheap. I agree. I've handled them both & personally, I would definitely not get the nano, but, to each his own.

& I'm a Nanolux fan in general.

Top Bottom