Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

They are a conversion bulb that only works in a vert position... or thats what the box says and I rock parabolic anyways... but they're very similar to the 315's yet the 315's are still a bit better... and much more efficient.
They're proper CDM's and they have a better spectrum (more natural) than MH or certainly the orange of HPS...
I like em a whole lot, but they're horrible inefficient... only using 860w of a 1000w ballast, the extra unused energy is converted to heat throughout... everything... even the cord going to the parabolic is a little warm to the touch where it wasnt while using just HPS...
I think they're a great step, but as for buying new, I'm still torn between the 315's and gravitas... then again, since they're runnin on moguls and old school tech, theyre a comparable cheap option for a retrofit upgrade similar to the 315s...

Do you think that's gonna kill the bulb early? & are you powering it with a magnetic ballast or a digital? I'm guessing it's not a "select a watt" ballast or you would be running it lower...

But if one had a select a watt type ballast I wonder if the heat issues would be the same?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Free the weed man its a bunch of guys outside of the country with no chance of ever running those strains and other elites unless somebody steps up

Yeah they ship international. I mean theres guys outside of the country and in the country with no chance of runnin elite strains unless somebody does what im talking about and make s1s of the elites. Like irene for example guys in australia have 1% chance of ever being able to get it In their hands but with s1s made of it they can pop a few packs and find something very very close. Better and easier than making a cross with it of another strain and having to search thru for a irene leaning pheno
I know others may feel different, but to me that is lazy and greedy. "Any asshole with a book of matches can start a fire, make that sucker burn for days and I'll be impressed". In other words, if anyone can do it, it's not worth the time it takes, spend your time creating something no one has. I despise the consumer culture attitude that says "I deserve this" simply because something exists. There's a reason that not every grocery store carries products from heirloom pork genetics, or heirloom beef genetics. Some things are best preserved in the hands of those that can keep them. 10 years ago a single intersex plant in a pack of seeds was enough to cause a breeder to lose his good reputation, today so few breeders stabilize their lines, growers have come to expect having to trash several plants for the same reason. Everybody trying to cash in is exactly why genetics are becoming watered down versions of what good cannabis is. Unfortunately, another hallmark of our bankrupt consumer culture is that money justifies and legitimizes anything to most people. Most people will disregard any negative comments, no matter how true and accurate, if they are also making money.

For example- the best thing about Calvin and Hobbes is that there aren't 10,000 bullshit consumer products floating around for us to buy. Those knock off unlicensed stickers are as far as it gets, and there is a victory in that. Yes, 20 million kids would likely buy a Hobbes stuffed animal, but that sacrifices imagination for dollars, and thankfully the author is better than those who would make that trade off.

WHY is it not the right thing to do? Many people are from areas where they will never get to try the real clone.
Why do people feel like they are entitled to a plant because they see others online sharing with one another? If you want access, it's simple... Do what the rest of us have done: spend time getting better at growing; spend time building relationships and community; take the time to create something yourself and bring something worthwhile to the table.

Any asshole can make s1 seeds. If you care about people with no access having those genetics, make the s1 seeds and start giving them away for free. Or just be honest and admit you want good money for doing very little

Pimp T

Pimp T

My brother $50 for a ten pack isnt good money at all. Its really just enough to pay for packaging and my time and efforts. @NaturalTherapy og raskal makes the white s1s and its all good. Orgnkid made ghost s1s and its no problem. Cannaventure just made animal and irene s1s and nobody cares. This site sells s1s for a whopping 200 a pack. Anybody in a non med or rec state is putting themselves in danger posting here building relationships to get access. 200 for a 10 pack is greedy. 50 isnt. I cant just seed my whole crops buy packaging and ship seeds for free at that point Id be spending money out of my pocket to get seeds to the masses. A mf just charged me a used car for 3 cuts that I wouldnt have gotten otherwise nobody should have to do that

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Why do people feel like they are entitled to a plant because they see others online sharing with one another? If you want access, it's simple... Do what the rest of us have done: spend time getting better at growing; spend time building relationships and community; take the time to create something yourself and bring something worthwhile to the table.

Any asshole can make s1 seeds. If you care about people with no access having those genetics, make the s1 seeds and start giving them away for free. Or just be honest and admit you want good money for doing very little[/QUOTE]

Never said I felt I was entitled to anything. S1s would be a very close representation for people who don't live in safe areas, and people who don't have time or space to create something new.

Junk

Junk

My brother $50 for a ten pack isnt good money at all. Its really just enough to pay for packaging and my time and efforts. @NaturalTherapy og raskal makes the white s1s and its all good. Orgnkid made ghost s1s and its no problem. Cannaventure just made animal and irene s1s and nobody cares. This site sells s1s for a whopping 200 a pack. Anybody in a non med or rec state is putting themselves in danger posting here building relationships to get access. 200 for a 10 pack is greedy. 50 isnt. I cant just seed my whole crops buy packaging and ship seeds for free at that point Id be spending money out of my pocket to get seeds to the masses. A mf just charged me a used car for 3 cuts that I wouldnt have gotten otherwise nobody should have to do that

What cuts? That's hella money...

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
My brother $50 for a ten pack isnt good money at all. Its really just enough to pay for packaging and my time and efforts. @NaturalTherapy og raskal makes the white s1s and its all good. Orgnkid made ghost s1s and its no problem. Cannaventure just made animal and irene s1s and nobody cares. This site sells s1s for a whopping 200 a pack. Anybody in a not med or rec state is putting themselves in danger posting here building relationships to get access. 200 for a 10 pack is greedy. 50 isnt. I cant just seed my whole crops buy packaging and ship seeds for free at the point Id be spending money out of my pocket to get seeds to the masses
First, I'd be careful comparing myself to any established breeder. Yes cannaventure has released fems, but he's also been making regular seeds for a long fucking time.

I agree, ograskal has done little else besides s1 seed offerings- and 50% of those seeds will go intersex and fuck up something for someone, but all that is supposed to be justified because jackmayoffer found the 43 cut. I think ograskal could have taken a year to make regular seed crosses and offered a better product. People bought them up regardless. Personally, I admire his business acumen, but I don't commend him for his genetic contributions when literally anyone with the same plants can make the same crosses.

$50 is still gonna net good profit- look at Gu, dude finally has a "successful" (money making) business and half people praise him and half lost all respect. He writes off any "negativity" as haters and justifies his actions based on the money he pulls in. Seeds and packaging cost very little. The $5 dollars at the post office is your biggest cost.

Do you bro- all I'm saying is there are ways to do it right, and ways to do it wrong. It's there for us to see.

I know dudes who start a seed company and are hated by 60+% of the growers that have been involved with cannabis for more than 5 years, but the newbies eat that shit up thinking they are buying premium, never understanding why the rest of us talk shit.

I also know dudes who've given out hundreds of thousands of premium quality seeds for the last decade, who receive industry-wide support when they drop because we want to see them succeed.

Do you want money or do you want to be a positive contributor to the culture and industry we've created/maintained?

Never said I felt I was entitled to anything. S1s would be a very close representation for people who don't live in safe areas, and people who don't have time or space to create something new.
I know dude sorry I didn't mean to single you out, mine was a comment on the sentiment though. Sure every grower wants to grow from the best quality genetics, just as I'm sure most people who drive cars would rather drive a new BMW M5 than a 88 Honda Civic, just not everyone can afford to buy a BMW, much less the $500 oil changes and $2000 brake replacements.

Pimp T

Pimp T

Im not comparing myself to a breeder I have no desire to be a breeder or have a seed co. All i stated is that others have done the same that I want to do. Gu may be getting a good net profit but Im sure gu has a huge room. I dont have a huge room I have a 25x20 space and 8 lights. My net profit would be very low considering costs of my rent my light bill my materials and my seeded crops couldnt even be used for anything but hash because of me destroying buds to shuck seeds. I want to get back the money it took to make the seeds and have that guy in germany with a close representative of strains he sees online that hell never get no matter how many friends he makes online @NaturalTherapy

Last edited:
Power OG

Power OG

I know others may feel different, but to me that is lazy and greedy. "Any asshole with a book of matches can start a fire, make that sucker burn for days and I'll be impressed". In other words, if anyone can do it, it's not worth the time it takes, spend your time creating something no one has. I despise the consumer culture attitude that says "I deserve this" simply because something exists. There's a reason that not every grocery store carries products from heirloom pork genetics, or heirloom beef genetics. Some things are best preserved in the hands of those that can keep them. 10 years ago a single intersex plant in a pack of seeds was enough to cause a breeder to lose his good reputation, today so few breeders stabilize their lines, growers have come to expect having to trash several plants for the same reason. Everybody trying to cash in is exactly why genetics are becoming watered down versions of what good cannabis is. Unfortunately, another hallmark of our bankrupt consumer culture is that money justifies and legitimizes anything to most people. Most people will disregard any negative comments, no matter how true and accurate, if they are also making money.

For example- the best thing about Calvin and Hobbes is that there aren't 10,000 bullshit consumer products floating around for us to buy. Those knock off unlicensed stickers are as far as it gets, and there is a victory in that. Yes, 20 million kids would likely buy a Hobbes stuffed animal, but that sacrifices imagination for dollars, and thankfully the author is better than those who would make that trade off.

Any asshole can make s1 seeds. If you care about people with no access having those genetics, make the s1 seeds and start giving them away for free. Or just be honest and admit you want good money for doing very little
Everyone listen up!!100% Facts

Pimp T

Pimp T

Before I get crucified dont forget to set crosses up for cannaventure og raskal orgnkid cali connect csi humboldt dr greenthumb dna genetics divine genetics reeferman etc. Every single one of them actively have s1s available right now this second for 7 seeds at 100+ per pack. My plans are 10 seeds for 50. No seed pack should cost over 50-70 bucks but that another topic for another day.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Yeah they ship international. I mean theres guys outside of the country and in the country with no chance of runnin elite strains unless somebody does what im talking about and make s1s of the elites. Like irene for example guys in australia have 1% chance of ever being able to get it In their hands but with s1s made of it they can pop a few packs and find something very very close. Better and easier than making a cross with it of another strain and having to search thru for a irene leaning pheno
i fell ya....never knew you were such a man of the people, hell, man of the world!
-Respect

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Woah! I thought this was a joke at first, then i thought it was like a funny what if typa thing.....I wouldn't touch this convo with a 10 foot pool...Laz Out!

Pimp T

Pimp T

@FidelCastro the elites arent anybodies claimed work. Hells angels triangle sfv tahoe larry loompas headband all of these have no owners just guys who received the cuts them selves. Loompa has no idea what lhbs lineage is. Ricky like loompa didnt breed triangle only received it as a cut. Same for the white same for sfv. Og raskal didnt make fire og he bought it from someone .The chems 91 d and 4 are seeds from bag no one claims to have bred them no one is the true owner. Me s1ing and selling stardawg on the other hand which is jjs engineered work would be fucked up I wouldnt do that. Nspecta took matt bubbas bubba and made s1s and thats matts actual strain he bred but nobody says shit about that...

Last edited:
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Well considering I have no idea whats goin on in the room bc I conveniently forgot to read the past 2 pages, whats going on guys??? Anybody have any interesting projects they are working on currently?? Or any excited beans being popped since the new year has started??

Wildill

Wildill

Fuck it im about to just start makin s1s of all my elites and sell um $50 a ten pack. Hpk lhb hells forum gg4 sfv etc. I might get a bunch of death threats but probably just as many thank yous from those with no access
I was actually thinking about doing the same thing but not selling them keeping some for my self and giving the rest away for free or even making some hybrids hells angels x faceoff Og?

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

@FidelCastro the elites arent anybodies claimed work. Hells angels triangle sfv tahoe larry loompas headband all of these have no owners just guys who received the cuts them selves. Loompa has idea what lhbs lineage is. Ricky like loompa didnt breed triangle only received it as a cut. Same for the white same for sfv. Og raskal didnt make fire og he bought it from someone .The chems 91 d and 4 are seeds from bag no one claims to have bred them no one is the true owner. Me s1ing stardawg on the other hand which is jjs engineered work would be fucked up I wouldnt do that. Nspecta took matt bubbas bubba and made s1s and thats matts actual strain he bred but nobody says shit about that...

You say you wouldn't s1 JJs stardawg as that'd be fucked up but here you say you already have.....

So it would appear you have already done something fucked up. Which unless you lied about making them which in return would be fucked up as well.

That looks amazing!!!! I hope someday I can run the Katie cut!

Although I'm bought to drop a bunch of new shit on Xmas seeing as it's supposed to be a full moon :)

You can ill have a few hundred s1's of her in a few weeks.

Pimp T

Pimp T

Your right I wouldnt dare sell someone elses work that they actually worked for and engineered like jjs stardawg. I want to sell more seeds than any company at 50 a pack fuck it ill even do 13 seeds a pack when other sell less seeds for 200. In my heart I feel thats not greedy at all especially when my space is 1/8 of these others space. Id literally be giving up my harvests to make seeds. @FidelCastro

Pimp T

Pimp T

Wrrooonngg. I said "I wouldnt sell jjs stardawg s1s". My purpose originally of the stardawg s1s I currently have now is to look thru for something more fragrant than katie because I feel katie isnt loud enough. @BlackSheepOG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom