• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@MGRox
Yeah I actually got it from the grower him self everything else had labeled bags except for it. It was in harlem. Hashplantxhaze supersilverhaze widowxhaze "betsy" was some special shit too. But the sweet pine heavy metal haze had no label on it. I actually got some pretty hazy shit too from a dude in times square he was standing in front of mcdonalds saying "piff piff piff" I grabbed some from him it was pretty good but nothing like the heavy metal. @SpitXFire
No doubt about it, haze is one of the old time building blocks that many great hybrids of today were built on. Will never turn down an op to grow out some longer running haze.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey people of the thread about whatever by Tnelz!

Debating here. I'm flipping to 12/12 tomorrow. My current schedule is as such. Lights off at 10am, lights on at 4pm. I'm going to want to run the lights on for 12/12 during the daylight hours, thinking 8am to 8pm. Maybe 10am to 10pm. So today, should I allow them to run their normal light schedule and change the time tomorrow, leading to 36 hours straight light, or leave them in the dark and change the timer to the 12/12 schedule? Thoughts on this matter?

One Love,
tobh
Nothing wrong with 24 or 48 hour stretch in the dark before flip. I used to do it all the time. Good luck brother.

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Yeah I actually got it from the grower him self everything else had labeled bags except for it. It was in harlem. Hashplantxhaze supersilverhaze widowxhaze "betsy" was some special shit too. But the sweet pine heavy metal haze had no label on it. I actually got some pretty hazy shit too from a dude in times square he was standing in front of mcdonalds saying "piff piff piff" I grabbed some from him it was pretty good but nothing like the heavy metal. @SpitXFire
Hmm, it could still be the piff, that he traded out for, spanish harlem having a ton of Rican guys and whatnot, and that the bag was the only unlabeled one. And about the guy in times square; piff in NY is synonmous now with any good haze just like Kush/Diesel/Crippy(here in FL, don't listen to that Hawaiin kook), so it may or may have not been the piff, or just a bad example of the piff, was it light green? The best batches I've had were gold/brownish very dark, the light green batches can be great too just down have that metal punch I so enjoy. I don't remember tasting the pine as heavy, when i smoked it was more of the dingy metal taste, but I dont doubt it was the same, since people can can pick up the terps/flavors differently(the frankincense-"frankie's"- flavor could be tasted as pine), and after further digging, its stretched back since at leas the early 90's, its a pretty good bet, that this is a heavy haze leaning pheno of NL5Xhaze.

Oh btw, which phone do you have, I was combing through your IG and your shots look like the Mona Lisa Compared to mine.

Last edited:
SpitXFire

SpitXFire

@Lazerus00 bang on the money again homie, my fam up there said it's was the normal thing for 20s to be only,.6-.7. And the majority coming from the Dominicans /ddp outta the heights. I tasted straight wood and rust, the pine was never as crisp as both yall boys put it for me. I feel so sorry for the consumers of NYC, we had such killer haze for 60 an eighth, I used to get it at cost for bout half that through my PR/Dominican homie back when we were rubbing shoulders with more nefarious folks when i was younger.Then came the bubba/purps, then og/diesels. Ive only seen it a handful of times since... And not within the last few years since he stayed down there for good.

Just saw somebody recommend the ghost train haze#1 for something with lots of frankincense cat pissy phenos. Hopefully that helps as well

Last edited:
Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Feeling lucky suspect I have two good males one black widow that just grows supper fast had to fim the seedling and fimmed 2 times in veg just tipped as well . The stalk is has that really strong sweet pepper smell . Plus a kryptonite x fire alien kush that's really indicate leaning strong great leaves and stalk can't really place the odour yet but it's a week or so behind the black widow .

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Pimp T @SpitXFire ......Yea now thinking about it, it was always a darker green mixed with like golden brown..I met that guy "bags" when I was 13 on a train home from the city and I used him up until about 2 yrs ago, so almost 20yrs this guy has been selling 2 for 30 out of his car window...lol..hes got some luck! Back when I was younger I knew nothing and no one involved in the growing community so unless I got really lucky the chances of me finding someone down in WH thats growing that, its prolly never gonna happen...wish i could help pimp!

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Just read that ethelyne or fruit gas can be used to reverse males . Anyone know about this and how to do it .

Max Frost

Max Frost

You know someone who did well with it? :D:D Yea MG, or really many commercial fertz have some issues. Most do not have any Ca or Mg, also most don't have enough K for what we tend to run and last many commercial ferts do no include any nitrate-nitrogen in their mix.
There is some "magic" in MG, though that's something not specific to MG per se and can be found in many other ferts etc (Even Aptus ;););)). Having said that, I wouldn't recommend MG as a sole fert or to any newcomer. Still testing various strains (few I have atm). Some strains "like" it better than others.

I don't have a grow thread or anything unfortunately. I've debated about it quite often, but because of my local and all; I'll just be a puss. I've talked about my setup before / don't hide stuff; I just don't do certain pics much. For a quickie. 4x8 floor w/ (1-600 & 1 6/750 flex). Soil mix from few pages ago and 1 gallon (3 liter technically) Airpots. Auto watered "when needed". Uhhh, perpetual 3 in/out per week and 10 week length. Veg space is 20" x 40", 3-tier area w/ LED or PC's (dependin on level). Recently changed to small turbocloner, from diy bubbler for cuts.

I tested 1ML added to 1/2 gallon(r/o) with 2 meters (0.5) and showed 80 and 76 ppm. As long as I didn't mess somethin' up, that would be about 40ppm or 80uS per ml per gallon.

@tobh xD you got all you need for answers while I was writin' this, heh. Gotta love it!

Thanks guys for pointing out the names of those cheaper glasses. I was hesitating on the methods for price, now I have no excuse.
@Pimp T I got no Ideas man, I'm sorry there. Not had the luxury of tryin' many hazes. good luck with the search.

Yeah...there was a guy back at BCBD (back in the day when they were still an honest (tho sloppily run) company...and allot of really great growers and great guys hung there. Ah...but my how times have changed!! Anywho...dude ran MG and kicked ass with it!! My only experience was frying a few poor mexi-brick seeds back in the late 70's under 100 watt lightbulbs! I finally got some flowers to smoke using MG (under a 250 HPS...my 1st light, I still remember it fondly!) and the taste was less than what I had been hoping for!! haha!!

Aww...go ahead on bro! I was like that too for a long time. I figure Big brother already knows everything anyway if you really want to get technical about it. I was talking to a commercial grower pal a while back who was saying how our new currency all has audio microphones and tracking built into the microchips they put in the bills these days. If you've ever sent a text or a photo with your phone, you've exposed yourself MUCH more than you will by posting here!

Thanks for checking that for me bro! WOW! I'm surprised. I would've thought it was a little hotter than that. I mean...I'm glad it's not...but just a little surprised! That Liq. Karma is sure great shit tho I'll tell ya! Thanks again! Best, Max

Max Frost

Max Frost

Hey...here's a question... during a normal run, when do you begin to see natural yellowing (N def) start on your flowering gals?As a normal development I mean. I talk to some growers whose pants stay green all the way til chop, and some whose turn yellow and purple and all kinds of colors. Do you find this to be more strain or nute dependent? I have some that do both, but I do nothing diff to them What has your experience been oh gurus of ganja? Thanks! Max

P.S. I guess what I'm really trying to get answered here is...at what week, if you see an N def beginning or progressing rapidly, do you move to correct it, and at what point in flowering (week) would you just leave it alone and let it run it's course...come what may? THANKS!

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Just read that ethelyne or fruit gas can be used to reverse males . Anyone know about this and how to do it .
Yup ethylene/ethephon (florel, pistil brands) at 3.9% @ 10 ml/l a week or two before flipping em, sprayed, aiming for the sex orgns(it can burn the plant, so avoid leaves, stems, petioles if possible) up until they start forming female flowers. Never done it, but a good buddy has, quite a bit now, and its great for testing your males for breeding profiles, and characteristics that you want selected for. Shows a wider profile and more accurate resin production assessment than if you were to just pick a male that looked good. As far as smoking, he hasn't but i read other who had no ill effect, but, I wouldnt be taking any of these flowers to market anytime soon, they are fugly lol.

WHat were you looking to accomplish with it?

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Yup ethylene/ethephon (florel, pistil brands) at 3.9% @ 10 ml/l a week or two before flipping em, sprayed, aiming for the sex orgns(it can burn the plant, so avoid leaves, stems, petioles if possible) up until they start forming female flowers. Never done it, but a good buddy has, quite a bit now, and its great for testing your males for breeding profiles, and characteristics that you want selected for. Shows a wider profile and more accurate resin production assessment than if you were to just pick a male that looked good. As far as smoking, he hasn't but i read other who had no ill effect, but, I wouldnt be taking any of these flowers to market anytime soon, they are fugly lol.

WHat were you looking to accomplish with it?

Thanks brother spit . Just that, reversing to get an idea of the male buds twerps potency ect to check for breeding .

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Hey...here's a question... during a normal run, when do you begin to see natural yellowing (N def) start on your flowering gals?As a normal development I mean. I talk to some growers whose pants stay green all the way til chop, and some whose turn yellow and purple and all kinds of colors. Do you find this to be more strain or nute dependent? I have some that do both, but I do nothing diff to them What has your experience been oh gurus of ganja? Thanks! Max

P.S. I guess what I'm really trying to get answered here is...at what week, if you see an N def beginning or progressing rapidly, do you move to correct it, and at what point in flowering (week) would you just leave it alone and let it run it's course...come what may? THANKS!
I have some strains/cuts that will yellow and lose leaves no matter how much N you give them. I have also found temperatures to be a major factor. I only give what N is in the base nutes. If the strain/cut I am running is a Nitrogen whore, I'll start with a bit higher level of N in my base from the very beginning of bloom and tapper-off accordingly. Everytime I've moved to correct fadding during mid-bloom with additional N, it has effected flowering time or bud structure, negatively.

Just my personal experience, I'm sure some guys can do it absolutely perfectly, but that hasn't been the case for me.

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Ned I sent you a link, oh and 1x a week, any more and you may risk burning them.

@Max Frost Not a huge believer in flushing, I feed low ec (1.0-1.2) all the way through anyways,sometimes I will just flush with low ec or plain water if I'm feeling lazy and feeling like saving coin on nutes lol. sometimes they're still green when chopped, other times, full on yellowed and crispy leaves, I've had the full gamut. It is more often the pretty whole plant rainbow colors I'll say when done organically. Actually since reading up on ethylene, it may help speed up the senescence in the right doses, gotta read more on it.. Anyways I'm the same as @Power OG after week 5-6 I don't bother bumping up the feed either way, I would say its a more genetic based, but nutes do play a part

Latest posts

Top Bottom