Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@LadyL.Bean Plants are looking on fleek!!..lol seriously thou those lil guys are looking really strong and lush! And im loving the mini cover crop and mulch! Can't wait to see em grow out! And it's got me even more excited to start my next cycle!!

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Hi! :) I'm ladyluckybean!

I stopped by here a long time ago because Seafour said this was a chill thread. I was going to post pics of how things were going but I got a bad case of mites and ended up losing everything. I just started up again and want to share some pics. Finally.

View attachment 538271 View attachment 538272

This is Pimp Daddy Purp x Sour Bubble.

View attachment 538273

This is Blue Orca x MTV.

View attachment 538274

This is The One x Eminem.

View attachment 538279

Last, but certainly not least, 3Elders.

The last three are all 70's sativa genetics I'm really thrilled to try! I'm also excited for my PDP too! Really like a nice indica.

I'm so happy to show off these plants! I've been stalled in veg since January with no harvest.

Had such a warm welcome here last time, I really wanted to poke my head back in here. Take care!

That PDP x Sour B is lookin good already... lookin happy.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Elmers Glue x Fire Cookies ... 1 of 2 selected males.
Tight node space, fat flower pods, quite good pollen production, flower is getting rather dense for 23 days in.
Not a fast rooter or fast vegging plant, dislikes low humidity.

20150923 231214
20150923 231233

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Hey Bro's i run two flowering tents both at different times one over daylight 12hrs and one nightime 12 hrs if i want to swap some plants over would 24 hrs dark be ok ? then in to the other tent .

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Alright yall... due spacial restrictions, Saturday will be 1st day of flower on my master og. Pray with me for a girl. "She" isn't an auto flower or have no signs of sex in 24 hours of light. I am keeping in the dark til Saturday morning!

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Hey Bro's i run two flowering tents both at different times one over daylight 12hrs and one nightime 12 hrs if i want to swap some plants over would 24 hrs dark be ok ? then in to the other tent .
Yeah im putting mine in 36 hours of dark to before I start the 12/12. You will be fine.

EyeC

EyeC

Yeah im putting mine in 36 hours of dark to before I start the 12/12. You will be fine.

Why are you putting them in the dark for 36 hours before flowering? I have heard of this practice during harvest, but not during the transition from vegetative growth to flowering. It seems like she might not like being starved of light for that long.

either way good luck getting a female plant. :)

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Why are you putting them in the dark for 36 hours before flowering? I have heard of this practice during harvest, but not during the transition from vegetative growth to flowering. It seems like she might not like being starved of light for that long.

either way good luck getting a female plant. :)

I'm not 100% sure how to explain it it has to do with hormones and far red light I think. I read it somewhere, when you have equal or less than 12 hours of light, it gives it the hormone to flower. I think it is something to give it a kind of jump start and build up of the hormone.
Can someone else jump in and clear this up. I'm still learning, myself, so it is hard to explain.

EyeC

EyeC

I'm not 100% sure how to explain it it has to do with hormones and far red light I think. I read it somewhere, when you have equal or less than 12 hours of light, it gives it the hormone to flower. I think it is something to give it a kind of jump start and build up of the hormone.
Can someone else jump in and clear this up. I'm still learning, myself, so it is hard to explain.

Gotcha. Alright. I understand the motivation for doing this, but i still would not advise it. Especially at the beginning of flowering light intensity and duration are important. I don't imagine that, assuming this works, it could give you more than a day or two off your normal flowering times.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

its pretty standard practice to give a dark period before flip . i only do 24 hrs but never seen any harm in it . if anything gives them a chance to catch there breath lol.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Kill that fucker immediately! Lol. We call em tomato caterpillars where im from, and they are bad news for your garden. I usually execute on sight in my tomato garden.

@Power OG picked up that spinosad and gave my ladies a nice wetting. Hope it works out ok. Thanks again for the advice. The dude at the hydro shop mentioned neem oil, which i have currently. Ever hear of this working my dude?

Whoever mentioned dr.bronners, thanks for the suggestion, we actually use that round the house to fend off ants and wash our hands haha. So ill go ahead and foliar next time around in case the spinosad didnt work....heres to hoping it does. The ratio was 1/10 with water yeah?

@LadyL.Bean welcome, nice top soil mulch technique, very artsy-esque : ) . Hope you get to see a harvest soon. With the help of these gentlemen 'round here, im certain youll succeed

LadyL.Bean

LadyL.Bean

Welcome back. Def happy to have you. Please continue showing ur ladies. Some interesting crosses. And those 70s satis could be something amazing.

thanks for the warm welcome Tnelz and everyone!

Mulch game super intense

i have a heavy hand when sowing those seeds. i like to think i'm growing flowers for my ladies. :)

@LadyL.Bean Plants are looking on fleek!!..lol seriously thou those lil guys are looking really strong and lush! And im loving the mini cover crop and mulch! Can't wait to see em grow out! And it's got me even more excited to start my next cycle!!

i'm starting to grow more cover crop than i know what to do with in some other containers. i've been chopping it but it's just allittle nutz so I'm feeding them to my worms. lol

That PDP x Sour B is lookin good already... lookin happy.

well she has perked up some more since i took this pic two days ago. i didn't realize how quick she would get root bound when i have the cover crop in there too. the pot and the clover were neck and neck for height when i put all the seeds in there. i'm not doing that next time. lol

i'm not like an expert or anything but i had a timer break on me a while back and my tent got three days of light in the 3rd week of bloom. i was freaking out but a friend told me to just put them in dark for three days and the hormones will shift back to bloom. it did not work very well and i had a lot of herm plants thankfully shooting blanks. so as i understand it that the bloom and grow hormones are literally being counted by the plant and which ever one is dominant wins. so if you put your plant in the darkness more than 24 hours, i would think it would be a waste.

i don't do this but i do use a fermented plant extract which i feel makes my flowers flip and develop quicker so at week two folks think i'm on week three.

Tnelz

Tnelz

[QUOTE="Stumpy420, post: 1528966, member: 69anything. not 100% sure how to explain it it has to do with hormones and far red light I think. I read it somewhere, when you have equal or less than 12 hours of light, it gives it the hormone to flower. I think it is something to give it a kind of jump start and build up of the hormone.
Can someone else jump in and clear this up. I'm still learning, myself, so it is hard to explain.[/QUOTE]
I used to go 48 hours of dark. Doesn't hurt anything. Used to believe it helped or changed things but it dosent. But it's not harmful in any way. So if u feel like it go for it bro.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I've done the flip flop before. More out of convince than anything. Assuming the plant isn't herm prone u will be fine brother.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

I've done the flip flop before. More out of convince than anything. Assuming the plant isn't herm prone u will be fine brother.
thanks bro yeah im left with one plant that has about 1 month left using 1200w lol. so its 24 of darkness tonight . As i have room for 1 in the other tent .

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Flowering Light and Timing:
1st This is just what works for the FlyinJ,
In nature the sun is set in such away that sunrise to sunset changes along the orbiting axis, as the months click by so will the hr of sunlight and the change in the Bright summer sky changes to a winter red
At no time do I exceed 12 hr dark cycle EVER
and in most of My grows I use a Diminished time 12hr 11.5, 11, 10.5 till finished
also I use the Red light wave 660NM to activate the Flowering Cycle,
The red is like Kick starting the plants Natural hormone to flower mode.
Here is the Tech stuff to back up why I do it.
Peace

Cannabis and other plants have important proteins called phytochromes.
Phytochromes have evolved with the important task of holding a chromophore, a
light-absorbing molecule. Phytochromes interact with light to help signal to the
placan be activated and deactivated by certain wavelengths of light. When
phytochromes (P) receive red light (660nm) they become the Pfr type, which is
active and allow flowering to proceed. If far-red light (730nm) is detected the
phytochrome becomes the Pr type, which is a biologically inactive form and so
flowering cannot proceed.
An indoor gardener can use this principle to initiate flowering. During the
dark period of a plant’s life, they can be given a brief pulse 30 min of red light.
This changes the Pr type into the Pfr form and allows flowering to begin (Cited)
The Biotechnology of Cannabis Sativa Vol II

Rock on Farmers
FlyJ

Top Bottom