Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

It takes some searching to find us, but some of us still take sativa serious. Of the dozens of growers I've met, I know 2 other sativa guys lol. I even appropriated my veg space to accommodate an atypical lighting schedule 11/13 for them to enjoy. Last two weeks will get 10/14 for a good burst.

View attachment 566732
Only 3 plants taking up a 4x8 space. Destroyer, Cough x SSH and African Haze. IMO most smokers have never experienced a well grown sativa, when they do they fall in love again
Its relieving to hear that theres still sati lovers out there. Ive heard you talk about sati's before and it always strikes my fancy, i think i even have some strains you suggested written down in my grow log. Ill find a good sati strain one day, hard to come by where im at. Everyone wants the next og out here in socal. But id love to track down a heavy leaning sati or pure sati and keep it in my garden for personal use

The sati-dedicated room makes my mouth water. That is truly fucking awesome brother. Respect for that. I wish you lived close by id be happily waiting in line for that shit

Grow flow

Grow flow

First grow ever totally new to growing 25 days in flower big Buddha cheese

Pimp T

Pimp T

Yo got another playa deal. Its a solistek 1000w se/de ballast. It can power 1 1000w double ended or single ended bulb. Or if you have a solis tek splitter u can use it with 2 600w double end bulbs or 2 600w single end bulbs. I used it with a splitter and 2 600w single end bulbs. I used it for one cycle. Works great no problems. Also got 2 sun system hoods availble to come with it. Got a 600w mh solis tek bulb im throwin in too pm me. Im doin it real cheap
Screenshot 2016 01 23 16 04 19

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Its relieving to hear that theres still sati lovers out there. Ive heard you talk about sati's before and it always strikes my fancy, i think i even have some strains you suggested written down in my grow log. Ill find a good sati strain one day, hard to come by where im at. Everyone wants the next og out here in socal. But id love to track down a heavy leaning sati or pure sati and keep it in my garden for personal use

The sati-dedicated room makes my mouth water. That is truly fucking awesome brother. Respect for that. I wish you lived close by id be happily waiting in line for that shit
Dedicated sativa room came as a result of a suggestion by grower DonJuanMatus. He's a sativa freak too and a top tier grower, when he saw one of the Cough x super silver haze phenos I found didn't begin setting flowers until late in the 3rd week of bloom, he suggested the altered schedule. I figured it might help my Destroyer finish up fatter too.

I like a good sativa as much as the next guy but really don't have the patience to grow it :) coffee shop smoke only
I can handle anything up to about 14 weeks, any longer than that is hard to justify growing under lights. Eventually I plan to have a greenhouse I can finish sativas in.

lemons

lemons

What the fuck. Doing some organizing and cleaning today and spotted this. Been under 24/0 since seed and only a month or so old.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

Well I confess, I am also a ole skool satie lover as well. I cut my teeth on the old skool cuts from the 60's / 70's when most weed was sativa. It wasnt until the dutch revolution that we began to see the hybridizing with indie/afghani cuts. The only thing I look for from a sativa is limited heart pounding/raciness or paranoia. If I find something like that I am in Nirvana. Closest I have come to that lately is "Beyond the Brain" a mostly sativa blend from Mike and Jasmine over at Mandala's. Grows to monster proportions both indoors and a giant outdoors.

Junk

Junk

Question what are the benefits of 24
When rooting, you want to keep the plants as comfortable as possible. Plants uptake water through the roots mostly. When you take a cut, there are no more roots. So the only way it can uptake water is throough the stomata in the leaves.

So you want the cut to remain the perfect temp, & humidity, & for those leaves to be facing the light. So long as you are humid enough (85% of higher even) the plant will uptake the water it needs.

24/0 just allows you to control conditions better for most cloning setups. There is no "reason" to do it, other than that.

You can take a veg cut & put it directly under 12/12 & flower it if you want. But it's harder to keep the conditions right.

In short, 24/0 tends to be easier to succeed. Not because there is more light available, because you can usually keep conditions more stable.

Junk

Junk

I run a 60 amp with 6/3 from the main and I've got plenty of juice, more then I'll ever use :)
I didn't know you could run 3 with 60 amp. Are you an electrician?

Now that I think about it though, I don't see why you couldn't (especially with a 6 in front of the 3)..I gotta go look at my box now lol.

Did you run a sub panel? Or just outlets?

Junk

Junk

Theres a simple formula for working out how much power can be used this subject can be complicated for people with little or no electrical knowledge simply get the amount of lights to be used with the wattage so for example u want to run 10 x 600w this becomes 6000w the devide by your incoming supply which for example in the UK is 230v and divide it the result will be the number of amps that u will use so basically 6000w÷230v =26.08a or if in the US 6000w÷115v=52.16 also dont forget to allow for the rest of your aplliances i.e air con fans pumps heaters and now this is where it loses some people or gets over looked if your using magnetic ballasts a correction factor of 1.8 needs to be applied for the final result this will reduce the chance of nuisance tripping of any breakers so for example 6000w ÷ 230 = 26 × 1.8 :) hope this helps bro keep this formula u will use it every time u do a new room and work out if you can run what u need or roughly how much it's guna cost to sort it before u get too deep and realise u can't do what u wanna do now for cable sizes the US sizes are different than the uk so I won't be much use to u there but I'm sure if u had the numbers and went into a dedicated electrical wholesaler they will advise u on what cable size and type u will need :)
You should do a sticky brother. If you really know what you are talking about (you have surpassed the point where I could tell if you were bs or not)(meaning I know a lil about electrical, but not as much as you apparently).

(I apologize in advance if there is already a sticky lol)(& FOR THREAD BOMBING AGAIN, SON OF A BITCH!!!!)

mancdank

mancdank

You should do a sticky brother. If you really know what you are talking about (you have surpassed the point where I could tell if you were bs or not)(meaning I know a lil about electrical, but not as much as you apparently).

(I apologize in advance if there is already a sticky lol)(& FOR THREAD BOMBING AGAIN, SON OF A BITCH!!!!)
Lol :) I don't know about these stickies bro I can tell u I been a electrician for nearly 20 years and a grower for longer so got a little experience under my belt I don't know everything nobody does but if u got a issue and I can help I'm here if I haven't got a answer I will try my best to find u 1 :) also I'm based in the UK so cable sizing is different but I'm sure if u go to a wholesale they will guide u to what u need if u tell them the power demand :)

Top Bottom