Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

120 on the half 200 on the zip is pretty common out here for bomb. Basically I0$ g's

That's low compared to the Northeast. If you want bomb meds, it's $3oo a zip.

I'm in cali and u can still get 40 an 8th if it's fire. People pay for the good. Dispensaries sell it for 55

Holy moly. What is a zip?

I'd be so stoned at the cup, that I'd have to have an inhaler too continue smoking lol.

You & me both brother lol, not the inhaler part, but I would be blisteringly high lol.

Hey junk I totally agree there bro! Just curious how you correctly cure your bud? :)
It depends on the time of year, but I do about a week in 60/50, then go right to mason jars (I don't produce a lot). I burp the jars a few times a day. At least once a day. I don't stick to a specific time period, I can just tell by looking at it when it's done. <That's the winter procedure. In the summer, I'm going to just do paper bags till cured, then go to masons for storage. It really depends on the humidity of the atmosphere...but what it boils down to (in my opinion) is simply time. We are taking a live plant & killing it. It has to expel a lot of water, & then it needs time to stabilize.

Has your mom or sis, whoever, ever dried flowers that they got? Roses or whatnot? It's the same thing. They hang them upside down, it expels the water...& then it needs time to stabilize.

Basically, what I think the intermediate bud growers are doing wrong with it, is not so much technique...it's that they don't allow enough time. You could dry it a hundred ways, but if you don't let it transition from a living flower, to a dead flower...& then to a stable dead flower. By "stable" I mean it, is now subject to external environment conditions....as opposed to still being in flux, where it still has an effect on the environment. No more water that needs to be expelled, it has shed most of the internal moisture, so it will now fluctuate with the environment. This takes time...& there is no shortcut.

Anybody that uses or is familiar with LED lighting.....Do you think the Mars Reflector 48 would be enuf light for a 3x3 tent of mother plants??? I know that they need less light but I am not sure if this is too little light and I should consider getting the Mars Reflector 96??....Whatta ya think?

In my opinion, it's way too little. I would lean more towards the 192...so at the least, I would say the 96.

I actually know the dude that does all their graphic design and he said that he might be able to "hook" me up with either a discount or a free light I wasn't sure on them till I saw this . Thanks sea ima call him now
I've always considered BD Led's to be top notch. If money was no object I would buy one in a heart beat. If $ was no object I'd buy 6 of em lol. I also really like the Kind's, & the Spectrum Kings (those are really incredible).

Anyway, I found this site the other day while trying to compare some led's on balance. I haven't crawled through every inch of it yet, but it appears to be extremely comprehensive. & they actually rate the Black Dog's the best.

http://www.compareledgrowlights.com

Full disclosure, I'm partial to Black Dog's lights, & I haven't vetted every detail he used to arrive at that conclusion (whoever did that massive comparison). I'd also be curious how he tested them all...but I haven't run into that on the site yet. That's a lot of LED's to be checking, measuring, comparing...how did he get a hold of all of them? So, I have a lot of questions about the site, but it's certainly full of info.

View attachment 568091 Apparently they encourage their employees to grow at home and everyone brings samples as tests to work this jar is empty but it did hold some great nugs dense tasty frosty nugs

If they ever want a side by side done...I'm your man ;)

Just the same nug I posted earlier just not a close up of it and taken with my cell phone. Every plant looks like it was rolled in wet sugar. I'm loving it :) No flash needed.
View attachment 568177

Those are some of my favorite nugs. Those nugs are one of the reasons I don't do much defoliation. A lot of people want to expose their bud sites to the light. I don't find that necessary. I separate & give space to the main tops, but the buds on the lower side...just leave them alone & watch what happens. When I don't take off a lot of leaves etc, I get a lot buds like you are holding on the bottoms of the plants. In my opinion, buds don't need to be exposed to direct light. Buds aren't solar panels/energy collectors. The flowers themselves don't need direct exposure to light. Try leaving some of the lower buds unexposed to direct light...they are often (for me) the best buds. Super trichey, super sticky, potent smell due to the lower temps.

All in my opinion.

Junk

Junk

I hope I don't get mold. That fan is pretty strong so there's air escaping through the exhaust. I looked at the goodwill and several dept stores. Walmart doesn't have them and there's no more radio shack here. I would've ordered online and just waited a week for shipping but I thought I could get them here then it was just too late.
Are you looking for a fan? If so, just let me know what size & I can connect you to the best fans. I used to build custom computers, so I know where to find the best fan for the job.

New standards on the photos is the only fix I could think of. Not only a great shot, but a truly great photograph

I agree on the great photograph part. I'm not complaining by any means, but I wish you could win without a good camera. A lot of people (or maybe just me lol) don't own a camera. But I'm still gonna try once the ladies are a little further along

My phone takes decent pics, but you can't get good size/scale with it...for a phone it's a nice camera, but compared to what a lot of these shots are being taken with, it's garbage.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Junk Really?? Just for a tent of moms??? I thought Ive seen mothers growing just fine in indirect light, figured any small amount of light would do...Guess I gotta go bigger....thanks

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

@Junk Really?? Just for a tent of moms??? I thought Ive seen mothers growing just fine in indirect light, figured any small amount of light would do...Guess I gotta go bigger....thanks

You can mother under cheaper things. 8 bulb t5 lights or just buy some 4 foot tube florescent lights. $30 each at home depot. They work great. I have 3 mother that are 3 feet tall under florescent and they do fine. But I'm also not trying to pull clones every 2 weeks

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Well in that case I was looking at a 2 foot 8 bulb t5 HO fixture....sunblaze has one with good reviews for 150$

@juiceyjay

yea i guess i didn't even think it would also depend on how many and how often id want cuts...hmmmm, it's hard to say but out of the 8-10 moms i will eventually have in there I will most likely be trying to pull 4 cuts every 21 days from diff plants.....idk, ive never had mother plants or worked pulling clones or even ran perpetual so i am sure ill change my mind 50 more times before any of it actually happens and by the time it does i will most like have come up with something that works

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

I'm sure that light would work...& I forgot you said a 3x3.

How I would select it is; for full on vegging growth you want about 25w per ft2 (at least). If you are just wanting to keep some mothers alive & well, I'm sure you could do it with 10-15 w per ft 2, which would put you at 90-130w or so.

I wouldn't do less than that personally....do what you need to, I was just telling you what I would personally do. A 3x3, just to keep moms (you don't need vigorous growth) I think you could get away with the 48 as it pulls 100w.

So, I retract my earlier post. Personally, I would still get 192...but I think if you have the right temps, you could use the 48 successfully. I'm just a bit of a light whore.

Junk

Junk

Well in that case I was looking at a 2 foot 8 bulb t5 HO fixture....sunblaze has one with good reviews for 150$
I've seen that light in action a lot. Local hydro store has them running in the front tents.

If you are talking about this...the 960293, personally, I would definitely opt for the Sun Blaze over the Mars 48. No question. It does a really nice job, plus I like that you can change out the bulbs rather cheaply & customize the spectrum. So if you mean these....

I would do that Sunblaze over the small Mars...no question.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Are you looking for a fan? If so, just let me know what size & I can connect you to the best fans. I used to build custom computers, so I know where to find the best fan for the job.

I agree on the great photograph part. I'm not complaining by any means, but I wish you could win without a good camera. A lot of people (or maybe just me lol) don't own a camera. But I'm still gonna try once the ladies are a little further along

My phone takes decent pics, but you can't get good size/scale with it...for a phone it's a nice camera, but compared to what a lot of these shots are being taken with, it's garbage.

I was referring to the calendar idea, where the photographs would need to be high resolution enough to be printed.

More focused on actual photography rather than focused on the subject of the photograph.

I dig the POTM photos, lots of great shots. But like mentioned before, you probably can't print many of them to get a clear photo.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I've seen that light in action a lot. Local hydro store has them running in the front tents.

If you are talking about this...the 960293, personally, I would definitely opt for the Sun Blaze over the Mars 48. No question. It does a really nice job, plus I like that you can change out the bulbs rather cheaply & customize the spectrum. So if you mean these....

I would do that Sunblaze over the small Mars...no question.
thats the one!

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

That's low compared to the Northeast. If you want bomb meds, it's $3oo a zip.

Holy moly. What is a zip?

You & me both brother lol, not the inhaler part, but I would be blisteringly high lol.

It depends on the time of year, but I do about a week in 60/50, then go right to mason jars (I don't produce a lot). I burp the jars a few times a day. At least once a day. I don't stick to a specific time period, I can just tell by looking at it when it's done. <That's the winter procedure. In the summer, I'm going to just do paper bags till cured, then go to masons for storage. It really depends on the humidity of the atmosphere...but what it boils down to (in my opinion) is simply time. We are taking a live plant & killing it. It has to expel a lot of water, & then it needs time to stabilize.

Has your mom or sis, whoever, ever dried flowers that they got? Roses or whatnot? It's the same thing. They hang them upside down, it expels the water...& then it needs time to stabilize.

Basically, what I think the intermediate bud growers are doing wrong with it, is not so much technique...it's that they don't allow enough time. You could dry it a hundred ways, but if you don't let it transition from a living flower, to a dead flower...& then to a stable dead flower. By "stable" I mean it, is now subject to external environment conditions....as opposed to still being in flux, where it still has an effect on the environment. No more water that needs to be expelled, it has shed most of the internal moisture, so it will now fluctuate with the environment. This takes time...& there is no shortcut.

In my opinion, it's way too little. I would lean more towards the 192...so at the least, I would say the 96.

I've always considered BD Led's to be top notch. If money was no object I would buy one in a heart beat. If $ was no object I'd buy 6 of em lol. I also really like the Kind's, & the Spectrum Kings (those are really incredible).

Anyway, I found this site the other day while trying to compare some led's on balance. I haven't crawled through every inch of it yet, but it appears to be extremely comprehensive. & they actually rate the Black Dog's the best.

http://www.compareledgrowlights.com

Full disclosure, I'm partial to Black Dog's lights, & I haven't vetted every detail he used to arrive at that conclusion (whoever did that massive comparison). I'd also be curious how he tested them all...but I haven't run into that on the site yet. That's a lot of LED's to be checking, measuring, comparing...how did he get a hold of all of them? So, I have a lot of questions about the site, but it's certainly full of info.

If they ever want a side by side done...I'm your man ;)

Those are some of my favorite nugs. Those nugs are one of the reasons I don't do much defoliation. A lot of people want to expose their bud sites to the light. I don't find that necessary. I separate & give space to the main tops, but the buds on the lower side...just leave them alone & watch what happens. When I don't take off a lot of leaves etc, I get a lot buds like you are holding on the bottoms of the plants. In my opinion, buds don't need to be exposed to direct light. Buds aren't solar panels/energy collectors. The flowers themselves don't need direct exposure to light. Try leaving some of the lower buds unexposed to direct light...they are often (for me) the best buds. Super trichey, super sticky, potent smell due to the lower temps.

All in my opinion.
I remember when it was300 out here. I used to get rid of zips for 350-400 I those days. 300 was still the most common. Now I'm lucky to find a customer for 250. Generally around 200-220. Over saturated market

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Id agree here. unfortunately there's generally things like feet, wires, blur, bg noise, and badly framed photos. You CAN take a good photo on a phone. There's a lot more to it than quality imo.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I'm a small time grower with only a few lights, therefore only a few pounds each harvest. I still won't go below 3k per lb wholesale, period.

My bro is doing the do up in Iowa. Still $1200qp and $60 1/8s all day. Lucky bastard!

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I'm a small time grower with only a few lights, therefore only a few pounds each harvest. I still won't go below 3k per lb wholesale, period.

My bro is doing the do up in Iowa. Still $1200qp and $60 1/8s all day. Lucky bastard!
Lucky.

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

@Junk have you tried vine curing with a dry trim? During winter months I prefer that... Although my humidity is a bit higher than yours most likely winter wise. Works out beautifully. Just did a head to head. Wet trimmed and jarred after appropriate drying(which I almost never prefer), the dry trim was so much louder it wasn't even a contest... It allows much more uniform even drying and the more complex/volatile terps definitely came out better through that

Top Bottom