Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

MGRox and I met at last year's CO canna cup and I shared some seed with him. Unless you're an asshole I'll gladly share with almost anyone if we've met face to face.
This year's freebies:
Blue dream x(blue afghan x area91)
Mazar I Shariff x(blue afghan x area91)
Tangerine Haze x Medicine Man
Ghost OG x Scott's OG
NL5 x Scotts OG

Maybe some others if they finish up in time...
Come to CO and get yours!
For you people who live in an area where you could meet Natural Therapy...but don't? I wish you knew what you were missing out on, or appreciated more greatly what a good dude & nice gesture that is. I wish I was in your shoes.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

This super bowl is just calling for me to take a dab lol

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So im kinda freaking bummed out! You know I couldn't get any of my BEP cuts to root last run bc i tried taking them too far along in flower, then I had 5 seeds left which I put to germ and damping off killed 2....So now i only have 3 lil seedlings to hope I find a winner! Its so frustrating. I have been trying to find one last pack of seeds but both the breeder and sourpatch sold their last packs before responding to my msgs. Now the breeder is selling cuts of her BEP mom and shes selling them for $1000 per rooted cut and she will give you a numbered certificate of authenticity!....There is someone who I follow on IG that made some BEP f3 beans himself with his pack of BEP and im tempted to get a pack or 2 off of him bc he is doing 10 beans for $25 but I just don't know if he took any time or effort into finding a good male and female to inbreed....idk I guess for $25 its worth checking out....I just feel so dumb that i let all this stuff go wrong...GRRRRRRRR...whateves i guess, im just gonna smoke this fat purple joint and smile bc me being angry doesn't fix anything....

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Suppose I should try and expound on this a bit. I did quite a bit of research into the bentonite clays back in the late 90's as we used them in reefs.
http://www.eytonsearth.org/bentonite-montmorillonite.php
"Bentonite is a name given to a particular clay that was originally found in Fort Benton, Eastern Wyoming. The name was given by W.C. Knight in 1898."
"Geologists often describe bentonite as a clay mineral containing Montmorillonite, which poses a rather curious problem, as Montmorillonite is a name of a particular clay that was discovered in Montmorillon, France, named by Mauduyt in 1847."
""The name montmorillonite is used currently both as a group name for all clay minerals with an expanding lattice, except vermiculite, and also as specific mineral name."

Ok. So, Bentonite (as commonly used) "contains" montmorillonite but is not the same thing. Azomite is not a bentonite nor a montmorillonite. The key thing to remember though is that bentonite and montmorillonite are typically applied as "bulk" terms and NOT specific to each clay type. Azomite contains a large percent of the weight as silica. Many bentonites have a high percentage as sodium.

It's only the most purified // highest grade of montmorillonite that is primarily Calcium based. All of these will be listed as such, since it demands a premium in all markets.

The cheapest and most common form of "bentonite" is sodium bentonite. This is used from sealing of radioactive waste, to plasters, to lining ponds sealing them for water. Guess my fathers construction company used this often and ordered it by the ton.

-One less known property of Montmorillonite clays is that they have an overall net negative charge. This in part is why you see them used in bodily applications. (as well the mineral content of course) In soils they serve to attract Cations with a greater affinity than would an inert particle (e.g. no net charge). Cumulatively the surface area and charge contribute to the high CEC value associated with montmorillonites and to a lesser degree bentonites.

-Another little known aspect of montmorillonites is that they can actually alter the charge of an adsorbed cation. There is no other component (that I'm aware of besides electrolysis) that can do this.

So there are many varieties, compositions and grades of these bentonites. Be sure to look for the one that will suit best for the application. Back with reefs, we could not use Silica or Sodium based clays; so we had to stick with Ca based montmorillonites. The one that gave the most positive results with SPS corals; is probably the only I would choose today.

Personally I would look at clays that are approved for human consumption. At least that will eliminate the "wild claims" many mfgs package with low grade clays. The brand I prefer is Approved for human consumption, has been tested by several universities and has been approved and used by NASA to prevent bone loss in space. That should make finding it easy as there's only one.

Edit: just was spilling random useless info. Not intended to be specifically directed at you Sea.

Good info, and I think you'll find it pretty hard to hurt my feelings.... in addition, I'm big enough to where most folks dont tend to try to do so very hard... I mainly look at things in terms of, first, can I do it myself, second, whats the cheapest I can source it... them fellas sell it for cosmetics, and they say it aint food grade, but out of curiosity, and for the sake of argument....
whats 50lbs of the food grade stuff runnin ya?
to be honest, I only really add it specifically for the crazy CEC so I can go hard as hell on my soil mix amendments before cooking it and I know I have the exchange capacity for all of it... I think thats why I get the touch of burnt tips like nute users do when I'm only water... my soil has even been too rich for some plants and adjustments were made.... temporarily... them picky things aint here to tell their side....

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

So im kinda freaking bummed out! You know I couldn't get any of my BEP cuts to root last run bc i tried taking them too far along in flower, then I had 5 seeds left which I put to germ and damping off killed 2....So now i only have 3 lil seedlings to hope I find a winner! Its so frustrating. I have been trying to find one last pack of seeds but both the breeder and sourpatch sold their last packs before responding to my msgs. Now the breeder is selling cuts of her BEP mom and shes selling them for $1000 per rooted cut and she will give you a numbered certificate of authenticity!....There is someone who I follow on IG that made some BEP f3 beans himself with his pack of BEP and im tempted to get a pack or 2 off of him bc he is doing 10 beans for $25 but I just don't know if he took any time or effort into finding a good male and female to inbreed....idk I guess for $25 its worth checking out....I just feel so dumb that i let all this stuff go wrong...GRRRRRRRR...whateves i guess, im just gonna smoke this fat purple joint and smile bc me being angry doesn't fix anything....

who cares if he did or didnt.... even if he was just letting dogs fuck, that dont mean you cant do a proper search of the genetics.... pick your best... make some more.... pick traits in line with the "keeper" cut and before you know it, you'll maybe even have a better pheno than the breeder... it happens... just run the numbers... make a few generations, if the original breeder did his work, they'll already be pretty stable... or in todays terms of polyhybrids, there should be at least 2-4 keepers in a pack... hard to get uniformity out of those, but you can still get amazing plants....

MGRox

MGRox

I think you'll find it pretty hard to hurt my feelings.
D'oh! As soon as I read that, I remembered you saying it before. I should remember this time haha.
I mainly look at things in terms of, first, can I do it myself, second, whats the cheapest I can source it
I really respect this and a lot of times follow a similar path heh. Though in certain cases (often with electronics), I also compare what the highest price XX is; so that I can see what's different with the cheap end.
them fellas sell it for cosmetics, and they say it aint food grade, but out of curiosity, and for the sake of argument....
whats 50lbs of the food grade stuff runnin ya?
Ye I saw that link you gave. I would assume they are selling a sodium type from the looks of it. The micron that is ground to, would not be much benefit for ingestion; as it needs to be less than 1 micron for use internally.

For the cost. I had to do a quick search as we bought direct from the company and it was late 90's. The best price I can find for 50lbs (terrapond) is $330.00 >>>
So that's $6.60 per pound. It's up to $10.00 or so per pound in small quantities. That seems about right as I remembered paying about 5.00 per pound (200 lbs bulk). They used to sell large chunks that had not been ground at all for around $2.50 per pound I believe.
(I weighed some of the terrapond i have here. looks like it's about 60 teaspoons per pound.)

They make several grades and forms. **Note the only difference is how fine it is ground.
-The highest facial cost is 89% less than 1 micron (450 mesh full pass)
-The second highest cost for ingestion is 87% less than 1 micron (350 mesh full pass)
-The third highest cost for pets and ponds is 60% less than 1 micron (200 mesh full pass)
For our purposes one would only need the third, most coarse grade. Which is Terrapond.
Believe it or not the only reason for the price difference is actually in the cost (inc. equipment) to get such fine powders.
The trace element content in the montmorillonite is every bit as valuable as its' CEC contribution. You should not need any micro trace element source besides this.
Mfg website:

LadyL.Bean

LadyL.Bean

Good morning everyone!! The love tub is working by keeping mites off my plants! I planted a couple different kinds and I have 1 goblin god and 2 khalisi's from sanctuary gardens, two shady's from last round and 1 elephant stomper from hazeman. I'm hoping the elephant stomper is a boy. I was told that it was uniform all around by a friend who grew out a bunch before me.

Khalisi

Goblin God

The Shady's from last round

Elephant Stomper

I've been having a hard time getting seeds to germinate and if they do it's tough getting the shell to fall off. How well does scarification of the seeds work? Is it easy to damage them?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

@Lazerus00 damn dude it sounds like you been roughing it. your daughters getting prego then the new babies dying... I really hope you get a perfect plant out of the 3 seedlings you got left.

@LadyL.Bean I checked out your links and saw some of your pics in seaf0urs home of I'll repute and I'm very impressed. You have/had major bushes goin on.

@SeaF0ur, a walking dictionary and encyclopedia, to understand what you are saying sometimes I have to go wiki a bunch of it and break it down.

@Ned Kelly I think s3 is selfed 3, which you would turn one branch male and pollinate a different branch on the same plant... 3Rd generation, I think..

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

03c56e3bccb5b06ecd2ab43cf193127d03053d3a7863e777cad55530af22a6e1

S1: The first selfed generation.

F1: the first cross between two unrelated parents. The F stands for filial, and refers to the fact that all F1 progeny of the same cross are full brothers and sisters to one another.

F2: the second cross between two of those F1 plants.

Rutgl0

If you took something to F6, and decided it was finished it would become P1
then using it in a new cross you'd go back to the top of the chart again...

say you took it to F4
then hit one it with one of the original parent plants...
F4Bx1
hit that with its parent again...
F4Bx2

S1 hit with pollen from its parent = S2
S2 hit with pollen from its S1 grandparent = S3

Parent hit with S1 pollen = S1Bx1 or S1BC1 ... I have also seen it written as SB1

even more....

A "single cross" is another name for an F1 hybrid. When two IBLs are crossed the F1 hybrid, or single cross, is the result. This type of cross has the most uniformity and hybrid vigor.

A "double cross" is made by crossing two single crosses which come from four separate IBLs. A double cross will be somewhat more variable than a single cross, but will have a wider range of adaptability. This adaptability makes the double cross good for diverse environments.

The "top cross" and the "three way cross" are used as testers. A top cross is an IBL crossed with a variety, and it is used to test for general combining ability. A three way cross is an IBL crossed with an F1. The result of this cross will be one of the parents of the double-cross, and it is used to test for specific combining ability.

A "backcross" is crossing the progeny back to one of its parents,and on another level, to any plant with the same genotype as a Parent. It is designed to improve the parent by retaining most of its qualities and adding a new one. After a series of backcrosses,some degree of uniformity is realized as a result of increased gene frequencies,fixing of some loci through selection and some incidental homozygosity. However, the offspring can only become completely homozygous if the recurrent parent was completely homozygous,and will remain heterozygous for the loci that were heterozygous in the recurrent parent.

A "self cross" is the result of a female Cannabis plant pollinating herself, whether by artificial induction or natural hermaphrodite tendencies. A female that has produced seed from its own pollen is said to be the S0 generation and the resulting seeds are the S1 progeny.

A "full sib" cross is a straight male-female cross between brothers and sisters.

A "half sib" cross uses sister females and unrelated males.

Last edited:
str8smokn

str8smokn

@FidelCastro i only got two phenos of the TE. No D.D, they might have been in the first pack that didn't make it.
I will tag you once I get them going .
STR8

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Anyone else listen to the adam dunn show last night from so cal?
That French dude was on another level with his understanding of all this
And yet I'm sure he'd claim to no nothing
Too bad that show always manages to lose my attention
They had some stoned idiot bardge in and side track everything, then they spent a half hour figuring out who their sponsors were.
If that show could actually get it's stoned act together it could have a lot of listeners. Comes with the territory I guess, just don't really mesh well with my add

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Anyone else listen to the adam dunn show last night from so cal?
That French dude was on another level with his understanding of all this
And yet I'm sure he'd claim to no nothing
Too bad that show always manages to lose my attention
They had some stoned idiot bardge in and side track everything, then they spent a half hour figuring out who their sponsors were.
If that show could actually get it's stoned act together it could have a lot of listeners. Comes with the territory I guess, just don't really mesh well with my add
I feel the same about hash church. I'd love to listen but it's like there's 45 minutes of solid information randomly interjected into 3 hours of stoned rambling. Both seriously need program development.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

While research has shown that roots beneficially will root into areas of soil containing Ca vs not; they still have to produce both root hairs and exudates into these new areas. In order for efficient uptake, that is (e.g. P and Fe).
Is what you're saying here that while Ca can encourage root growth, it can easily cause cause lockout issues through P & Fe lockout?
I looked at maulders(Sp?) chart to come to that

Edit
A lot of this is still way over my head and I'm def no green thumb, glad to have the folks in here willing to help out! so helpful seriously everyone in here

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

View attachment 571242

S1: The first selfed generation.

F1: the first cross between two unrelated parents. The F stands for filial, and refers to the fact that all F1 progeny of the same cross are full brothers and sisters to one another.

F2: the second cross between two of those F1 plants.

View attachment 571241

If you took something to F6, and decided it was finished it would become P1
then using it in a new cross you'd go back to the top of the chart again...

say you took it to F4
then hit one it with one of the original parent plants...
F4Bx1
hit that with its parent again...
F4Bx2

S1 hit with pollen from its parent = S2
S2 hit with pollen from its S1 grandparent = S3

Parent hit with S1 pollen = S1Bx1 or S1BC1 ... I have also seen it written as SB1

even more....

A "single cross" is another name for an F1 hybrid. When two IBLs are crossed the F1 hybrid, or single cross, is the result. This type of cross has the most uniformity and hybrid vigor.

A "double cross" is made by crossing two single crosses which come from four separate IBLs. A double cross will be somewhat more variable than a single cross, but will have a wider range of adaptability. This adaptability makes the double cross good for diverse environments.

The "top cross" and the "three way cross" are used as testers. A top cross is an IBL crossed with a variety, and it is used to test for general combining ability. A three way cross is an IBL crossed with an F1. The result of this cross will be one of the parents of the double-cross, and it is used to test for specific combining ability.

A "backcross" is crossing the progeny back to one of its parents,and on another level, to any plant with the same genotype as a Parent. It is designed to improve the parent by retaining most of its qualities and adding a new one. After a series of backcrosses,some degree of uniformity is realized as a result of increased gene frequencies,fixing of some loci through selection and some incidental homozygosity. However, the offspring can only become completely homozygous if the recurrent parent was completely homozygous,and will remain heterozygous for the loci that were heterozygous in the recurrent parent.

A "self cross" is the result of a female Cannabis plant pollinating herself, whether by artificial induction or natural hermaphrodite tendencies. A female that has produced seed from its own pollen is said to be the S0 generation and the resulting seeds are the S1 progeny.

A "full sib" cross is a straight male-female cross between brothers and sisters.

A "half sib" cross uses sister females and unrelated males.
Wow. I screen shot that whole post on my phone to have easy access to it. Thanks for the bomb info @SeaF0ur

Latest posts

Top Bottom