• Start date
  • Tagged users None
MGRox

MGRox

Fuel 45 days
Fuel331551wl65

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

What a fucking day it's been. First alarm didn't go off this morning for wife's dr appt, then find out my ballast went to shit in veg and then on the way to the dr some bitch pulled out in front of us and now my car is totaled and then cops searched my car while I was in the ambulance.....
omg dude holy shit

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Thanks dude. Everyone's ok, just minor injuries. Tire flew off and went rolling by us and I was thinking like wtf was that my tire....Both airbags deployed doing 75, fuck I'm sore....
View attachment 591127 View attachment 591128

Lawyer up for a civil suit. Make that girl's insurance pay for every bit of it. And get used to going to a chiropractor, you're gonna need it. Car accidents suck something fierce. I'm still messed up from my last one almost ten years ago.

Just stopping in to see how everyone's doing. It's been a while since I came through. Trying to get on my feet up here still, but while I do that I've been wandering around the hills here. Have some shots to share with you guys. Stay safe, stay up everyone!

One Love,
tobh

20160412 120016

Abiqua Falls
20160412 131901

Butte Creek Falls, Upper Falls
20160419 110415

Shellburg Falls, Upper Falls

20160412 132029
20160412 133745
20160419 110600
20160419 120130
20160419 121437
20160419 121636
Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Shifty 4/20 for me, found my "ipower" ballast out, and haven't checked my plants in a couple days. So I dished out $250 on a 400w ballast and hortilux bulb. Ion ballast..

So here is my scrog.. do I let these
20160420 193318
Grow up and also tuck these later? or do I try and keep them tucked with the main brances? This is my first scrog so as I'm tucking it I'm plannin it. @BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

. Happy 420! :)... Looks a little dry in there...the edges of your leaves are curled in a bit... What are you at, 45 or 50% humidity?

Ha yea it is. Summer is coming and I'm losing humidity in my veg. I'm lucky if I hit 30....

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Shifty 4/20 for me, found my "ipower" ballast out, and haven't checked my plants in a couple days. So I dished out $250 on a 400w ballast and hortilux bulb. Ion ballast..

So here is my scrog.. do I let theseView attachment 592625Grow up and also tuck these later? or do I try and keep them tucked with the main brances? This is my first scrog so as I'm tucking it I'm plannin it. @BlackSheepOG

No worries, I find a few days in the dark resets them and they seem happier when lights come back. Complete darkness in a cycle is better then light left on. You'll be fine.

You want to fill the net at least 3/4 before flipping. Anytime growth comes up and gets about oh say 3" pull it back through and retuck it a square further so all that side growth will come up and make a new top. You will tuck clear until like week 2-3 of 12/12 and then you can stop. After the stretch and done tucking remove all lower growth and clean out anything blocking a site and you will be rewarded with a bunch of tops all the same size at the end :)

ken dog

ken dog

Ha yea it is. Summer is coming and I'm losing humidity in my veg. I'm lucky if I hit 30....
Yep... no point in using CO2 when the humidity is this low... stomata are closed, photosynthesis is down, and transpiration is down.

Probably not using a lot of water either... But we do what we have to.

I know, because I am there myself.:)

MGRox

MGRox

@BlackSheepOG Very nice pics man!! What are all the newbies?
Nice!:)
Think it needs a little more potassium?... The brown edges and the yellowing makes me think it could be a potassium deficiency.
Either way, the bud looks awesome.
Excellent observation with the K-!!! Also, thank you VERY MUCH for pointing it out (honestly). I would always prefer (with me) that people point out things wrong, rather than just say "looks great". So thank you for being honest with observations. I don't consider myself very good at visual diagnosis, but I wonder if that's a connection to my AS and similar to facial expressions lol.
Though I must ask,......yellowing?? Not sure I see yellowing, but deeper green areas from past urea.

With the K-, yea I'm slowly working that out of my setup. That pic was 1 week after the 3 week Miracle grow period. So, it was getting 80% NH4 for 3 weeks there. Originally I had incorrectly assumed the edge necrosis to be NH4, but a while back Seamaiden had sided with K-.
Since then I've been making adjustments and am seeing improvements. There is some direct antagonism with NH4 and K but also since the plants grow faster during that period, there is an increase in K demand.

So far with NO3 as the only source; 185ppm of K is the minimum relative to 100 ppm of NO3. (in coir, peat is 170) (max bullrider yield with NO3 of 30gm per 3 liter pot)
So far with NH4 as the primary source; 210ppm of K is still below minimum relative to 100 ppm of NO3. (in coir/peat) (max bullrider yield with NH4 of 50gm per 3 liter pot)

I'm also working on eliminating the little bit of burn tips though, since I'm back to my old habits, that is tough. One of these old ways is NOT watering to run off ever nor watering with plain water (excluding flush). So I have to have all my NPK's pretty dialed in (relative to actual usage) to not have issues.
That fuel shown then was 65 days without runoff hehe.

---------------------------------------------
Guess in other news, I'm still tweaking the Humidity based cloner. I'm now using a cycle timer instead of humidity control for a few reasons. Cycle time is 1 minute on and 3 minutes off. The few longer roots are where they touched water (level had gotten higher over time).
Humi clone root 2

I suppose in my older bubble type cloner, I've been using an NPK that I'm absolutely happy with. As well I'm crossing that into veg and had positive results too. In this pic, the largest plant on right here (also one on left) was potted and the rest were left. Note front middle plant.
Overroot

Here is 2 weeks later
Overroot2

Overroot3

No purple petioles or mainstems. This is growth in a cloner over 2 weeks at a starting EC of 0.4. Starting level of P is 13 ppm. Light source is 3 - 13w compact daylight screw-in bulbs placed 18" above cloner surface.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

@MGRox oh just some glue crosses. Nothing really just something personal I'm hunting for. It was a project I worked on last year and just now getting to test them. I'm looking for a Nice frosty, sturdy,resisent to stress, yea know things you look for in a plant oh and bubblegum flavored. They wife loves fruity strains and you know what they. Happy wife, happy life :)

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Also as far as NO3 levels are concerned, instead of thinking "in the box" with chemical fertz, there is a great idea ive just been subjected to in my gardening endevors. It looks like mgrox is using hydro, which is great for a higher yeild and quicker turn out, but in organics there are companion plants to cannabis that could break down the nitric oxide in the air into bioavailable N for the surrounding root systems.

I'm pretty sure mgrox is in soil. He has a cloner that's aero and one that is humidity controlled if I remember right. Correct me if I'm wrong man.

Top Bottom