To Burp Or Not To Burp

• Thread starter Sgrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sgrey

Hey guys, this is my first cure. Thursday will be a full week of curing for my two plants that I dried for roughly 5-7 days (give or take). They are all in the range of 59%-62% RH. Would you still recommend opening them up for 5-10 mins to burp them daily, should I just open them once a week, or a third option and that would be to just keep them covered indefinitely? I can't seem to find anything like this on any of the forums. Thanks in advance!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I've done the burp 5to 10 min a day for a week then go to the burp once a week for 2 to 3 weeks then vaccum seal the mason jar (burping weed jar) after the last burp to stack away . Hope that helps but I'm sure you will find a suitable way to cure good luck .

Last edited by a moderator:
m8ty

m8ty

Burp them and take them out of the jar, inspect the inside of you biggest most compact buds, these usually mold first if you just let them sit in the jar too long with out opening and letting them breathe, also the buds get mildew if you just leave them in the jar for a long time with out opening the jar and getting fresh air in there.

I learned to take the big colas apart to dry and cure to prevent mold from growing in their moist interior, if I live them as is the biggest of the colas get mold in their interior.

This is why some people hang their plants to dry for two weeks before jarring, you don't want to go all the way to harvest to loose your buds to mold, it is one of the easiest way to ruin your harvest, don't fuck around and burp and inspect them buds often, if they get moist in the jars, pull them all out and let the buds dry up again.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes I make sure my plants are bone dry before I even pull down if I lift off a bud and it snaps off clean then I'm good to get ready to cure and mason jar it .

JMcG

JMcG

I have been utilizing a 12-14 day whole plant hang lately to dry then manicure and right into jars. I keep my hanging temps around 60 degrees and 50% humidity. There is still a slight bit of flexibility in the stems, they are not quite snapping... but close. I end up with around 45-50 rh in the jars, so maybe a burb or two over the next week or so but they are pretty much ready to cure for at least another 4-6 weeks.
Boveda packs...? I know people use them but I never liked the idea of them in my jars for weeks ata a time. iMO they might be ok to add some moisture back to an overdone cure but aren't necessary if you get it right.
I also heard that they rob terpenes.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Dry for 7/10 days is plenty
Jars opening at least once or twice a day for another week
You should be fun fine

StandingRock

StandingRock

I have been utilizing a 12-14 day whole plant hang lately to dry then manicure and right into jars. I keep my hanging temps around 60 degrees and 50% humidity. There is still a slight bit of flexibility in the stems, they are not quite snapping... but close. I end up with around 45-50 rh in the jars, so maybe a burb or two over the next week or so but they are pretty much ready to cure for at least another 4-6 weeks.
Boveda packs...? I know people use them but I never liked the idea of them in my jars for weeks ata a time. iMO they might be ok to add some moisture back to an overdone cure but aren't necessary if you get it right.
I also heard that they rob terpenes.
I have the same parameters in my dry room but after two weeks no stem snapping. I wonder if we should go three weeks?

JMcG

JMcG

Idk... after 14 days give or take they end up at 45-50 rh in the jars. Wouldn't want it much lower. But if the room stays at 50-60 then maybe they won't go much less than that.
Interesting point!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Burp until rh is stable for 24hrs at 50% (55% tops). Then toss in the broveda pack if available. No more need to burp after 59-55%.

Broveda packs help keep the herb fresh and not dried out. It does not help with the initial burp and curing.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hey guys, this is my first cure. Thursday will be a full week of curing for my two plants that I dried for roughly 5-7 days (give or take). They are all in the range of 59%-62% RH. Would you still recommend opening them up for 5-10 mins to burp them daily, should I just open them once a week, or a third option and that would be to just keep them covered indefinitely? I can't seem to find anything like this on any of the forums. Thanks in advance!

I would burp more often then once a week

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I burp daily. If at +69% I do for 45 mins in a Roasting tray. 65- I keep in the jars and burp for 30 mins until 55% stable. Then 1x a week until 50%. Then never open unless needed.

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Burp until rh is stable for 24hrs at 50% (55% tops). Then toss in the broveda pack if available. No more need to burp after 59-55%.

Broveda packs help keep the herb fresh and not dried out. It does not help with the initial burp and curing.
Agreed, 55-59 % no need to worry about mold, good to store and continue to cure

Top Bottom