To early for cloning?

• Thread starter SativaMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SativaMan

SativaMan

Hello farmers!:handshake
It's my first grow and so far i think i've done good with a sativa dominant strain.
I've started with 10 seeds and 8 germinated and i have 8 plants in vegetation, they are about 2 months old.I don't know if they are big or small for theyr age but the fact is that they are getting too big for my closet, that's why i want to take a clone from each one and sex them to eliminate the males.
My question is: Is it too early to take clones from them? :thinking the branches aren't too long...Some advice and opinion will be most apreciated.
Here are some photos of them:

To early for cloning

To early for cloning 2

To early for cloning 3

To early for cloning 4

Thanks for your time and advice!:bow

devilrays

devilrays

and it doesn't look very sativa dom to me. looking good though, keep it up!!

SativaMan

SativaMan

what do you mean to top them? cut the top? or the branch that i'm holding in hand?
well...from where i got them said they were sativa dominant....well..i guess i will find out when i will try them out ...hihihi

M

MTM

what do you mean to top them? cut the top? or the branch that i'm holding in hand?
well...from where i got them said they were sativa dominant....well..i guess i will find out when i will try them out ...hihihi
use the top 6 inches for a clone,cut the plant about 6 inches below the top right below an internode and thats your clone bro,you need to read some more on cloneing and growing and you will understand a little better

darkmatter

darkmatter

their ready to flower now so just start flowering them ,they could get bigger or bushier ,but there a good size already.you wont train them in some way top,bend,super crop.when you clone you got to have a another spot suitable to your flower spot, a veg room, so you need a space and hundreds in light,sprays, fans,etc.i think things can get tough to juggle.a cheap way to clone is get a clear plastic container that will hold your amount of clones in cups,then you keep it steamy looking for almost two weeks,you have to clean it and air it out a few times to prevent mold.u can get the powder or gel rooting hormone.i dont curently ,but i think its easier to crack seeds veg,flower,murder the dudes and carry on.a few weeks before harvest try and get some new troops ready to move in to veg for minute.you can put them all in their final containers when see the males pull the root ball right back out and save the soil and you can transplant into bigger cotainers in flower if thats the way its looking.more plants more problems go ahead and get a notch in your belt

SativaMan

SativaMan

their ready to flower now so just start flowering them ,they could get bigger or bushier ,but there a good size already.

Yes,i tought of this, but i will loose my strain i want to see who is female because i want to keep one female as a donor so i will have future plants and so on.I read somewhere that is hard to get a clone from a flowering plant, you have to turn it back to vegetation stage...but i might give it a try....

SativaMan

SativaMan

use the top 6 inches for a clone,cut the plant about 6 inches below the top right below an internode and thats your clone bro,you need to read some more on cloneing and growing and you will understand a little better

Thanks alot MTM ,i will surely read more about it bofore i get into surgery.:D

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

If I were u I would do exactly as Devilrays said chop the head off & make a clone with that.. 

SativaMan

SativaMan

If I were u I would do exactly as Devilrays said chop the head off & make a clone with that.. 

Thanks alot...i think this is what i will do, and the rest of the plant i should flower? or keep them vegetating?
And what about the clones, i don't have rockwoul or any other recomanded mediums for clones, i can't reach them in my areas, is it ok if i dip the clones in pots of soil?I must mention that i can't get my hand on some root stimulating product either....
Well??? what do you guys think? is it ok if i put the donor plant on flower and the clones in soil?
Please help me with this one...:sweating

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I wouldn't recommend it but u got 2 do what u got 2 do.. Some people have did that b4 but I've never tryed it b4.. My boy did it b4 he was broke & didn't have anything ether he did exactly as u said & it worked.. I juss never tryed that b4 good luck.. If u have some cash try online 4 grow stuff.. I'm not sure if that's safe where u live.. I live in Cali I can have anything shipped 2 my pad with no worries

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Cloning

Any good soil can be used for cloning, get some small plastic cups and poke/drill several holes in the bottom. Fill these cups with moist soil and take a tooth pick/shishkabob skewer and put pointy end 1 1/2" deep into your soil and spin it making a hole in the soil. Then take your cutting: cut at a 45* angle, if you have a cloning substance dip the cut end in about 1/2" deep if not it isn't necessary. Take your clone and put it into the hole you made in the soil and push the soil around the clone to keep it in place. Place clones in a tray under a flourescent light (walmart-12$). Keep soil moist for about a week if you have a dome use it now if not its ok, after the week let the clone dry out a little gradually to where it needs watering(around the 10th day ) then let clone go thru wet/dry/wet periods when you see roots transplant into a bigger container
When taking clones you don't need a huge clone I've made thousands of clones from an inch and a half cuttings Good Luck

mal

SativaMan

SativaMan

I wouldn't recommend it but u got 2 do what u got 2 do.. Some people have did that b4 but I've never tryed it b4.. My boy did it b4 he was broke & didn't have anything ether he did exactly as u said & it worked.. I juss never tryed that b4 good luck.. If u have some cash try online 4 grow stuff.. I'm not sure if that's safe where u live.. I live in Cali I can have anything shipped 2 my pad with no worries

Thanks a lot!!!! realy helpful!! Great comunity!

SativaMan

SativaMan

Any good soil can be used for cloning, get some small plastic cups and poke/drill several holes in the bottom. Fill these cups with moist soil and take a tooth pick/shishkabob skewer and put pointy end 1 1/2" deep into your soil and spin it making a hole in the soil. Then take your cutting: cut at a 45* angle, if you have a cloning substance dip the cut end in about 1/2" deep if not it isn't necessary. Take your clone and put it into the hole you made in the soil and push the soil around the clone to keep it in place. Place clones in a tray under a flourescent light (walmart-12$). Keep soil moist for about a week if you have a dome use it now if not its ok, after the week let the clone dry out a little gradually to where it needs watering(around the 10th day ) then let clone go thru wet/dry/wet periods when you see roots transplant into a bigger container
When taking clones you don't need a huge clone I've made thousands of clones from an inch and a half cuttings Good Luck

mal

Thanks a lot mal!! that was realy helpful. Now i know exactly the things i have to do!! thanks again!!

SativaMan

SativaMan

i've topped the plants and put the clones into soil....the first 10 minutes they looked like they were dead but after 30 mins they were like they were never cut :lol: they look good naw. and i spray them all the time to keep them moist i must mention i don't have a box to put them to keep them moist so i spray them every 30 min or so when i see they get dry. is it ok? if not what should i do?

I

ibTheMan

you should have waited, you should have topped them but only the tiny real top then you veg untill the tops split and get 5 or 6 inchs long then when you put them in budn in bigger buckets, they stretch and you take clones from Lower branchs about one week into budn, this is the proper way to take cuts from seeds.
Take the whole top makes for bad structure most the time, plus the tops dont root as well.

SativaMan

SativaMan

you should have waited, you should have topped them but only the tiny real top then you veg untill the tops split and get 5 or 6 inchs long then when you put them in budn in bigger buckets, they stretch and you take clones from Lower branchs about one week into budn, this is the proper way to take cuts from seeds.
Take the whole top makes for bad structure most the time, plus the tops dont root as well.

well...naw it's too late...but i didn't put them into flower...they are still in veg and they will remain until the top splits in 2....
what can i do naw TheMan ?

Top Bottom