To flush or not to flush?

• Thread starter Oblivi0us
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oblivi0us

Oblivi0us

In week 7 of 10 of flower. Wondering when to flush or should I just lower the ppm to 2-300? Also should I completely drop the N in this stage? Using 3ml micro with 8ml bloom per gallon, 1.5g Epsom salt, and 5ml cal mag.

I did drop originally to using only bloom and Epsom and cal mag but another veteran grower told me to use nutes the whole time bc they grow way better than starving them Just curious what everyone’s opinions were. Thank you

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I would just lower the feed. Flushing was proven to be pointless really. All it does is starve your plant and saves on nutes a little. Good luck.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

If you are thinking it does something for the taste....

Flushing Cannabis Plants Prior To Harvest Doesn't Improve Quality

SUMMARY Rx Green Technologies evaluated the effects of different flushing times on chemical profile, flavor, and smoking characteristics in Cannabis flower. Flushing periods of 14, 10, 7 and 0 days were imposed on Cherry Diesel. No differences were detected between flush treatments for yield...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I personally don't feed in the week I plan on chopping the plant. Other then that, she gets a normal feed the week before. You are also in coco, so I would also feed almost the end too.
^this; also I believe it's best to feed balanced nutrients the whole grow, I only cut back on the total PPM as she ripens, not the N -good luck!

Oblivi0us

Oblivi0us

Great article thanks for the share that clears it up for sure. And thanks beach walker for your input as well.

A.Swift

A.Swift

If you are thinking it does something for the taste....

SUMMARY Rx Green Technologies evaluated the effects of different flushing times on chemical profile, flavor, and smoking characteristics in Cannabis flower. Flushing periods of 14, 10, 7 and 0 days were imposed on Cherry Diesel. No differences were detected between flush treatments for yield...

articles are based off of others studies. Dont flush with salts, watch your bud crackle like a 4th of july sparkler stick. The ash will be black as well, flushed this isnt the case. While i dont agree with 2 week starvation of your plant, I do think lowering the EC for the last 2 weeks will help you tremendously with a product that produces repeat customers.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

articles are based off of others studies. Dont flush with salts, watch your bud crackle like a 4th of july sparkler stick. The ash will be black as well, flushed this isnt the case. While i dont agree with 2 week starvation of your plant, I do think lowering the EC for the last 2 weeks will help you tremendously with a product that produces repeat customers.

Too much phosphorous is responsible for the sparks. Turns out there is no need for boosted P in flower. A balanced complete nute all the way through and tapered off as the plant ripens has given me the best results compared to bloom nutes and flushing.

A.Swift

A.Swift

Too much phosphorous is responsible for the sparks. Turns out there is no need for boosted P in flower. A balanced complete nute all the way through and tapered off as the plant ripens has given me the best results compared to bloom nutes and flushing.

veg bloom?

bunkerking

bunkerking

veg bloom?

Just balanced.

I run the same mix of 5ml growbig and a dash of mag sulfate from seedling to week 3 of flower. Then add in k sulfate, and Big bloom.

None of the babies have reacted poorly to the mix. Expect when running high K sulfate levels. Then they will get some tip burn for 2 weeks if you dont dilute it.

Plants appear to like it, and best yet. It means we can be lazy and get better results.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

I’ve never flushed and never had “sparkler” weed lol. I just stop feeding the final week or so.

A.Swift

A.Swift

I’ve never flushed and never had “sparkler” weed lol. I just stop feeding the final week or so.

That's called a flush. By stop feeding you mean like .2-.3 ec? I'm running straight R.O deff don't want them to die

A.Swift

A.Swift

Pure blend pro grow. But i did it with Kind base and grow only and a powdered nute too.

There is an interview on dude grows show with the president of dyna grow revealing his lab tests of nutrition content through the stages. He says he only makes the bloom bottle due to customer demand rather than plant science.

The future is front row ag I'm told, check that stuff out. It seems to follow the same principle, it's also 1/10th the cost of veg bloom

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Depending on the time of year they may not get watered at all the final week.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The future is front row ag I'm told, check that stuff out. It seems to follow the same principle, it's also 1/10th the cost of veg bloom

Front row ag? And why are you stuck on veg/ bloom? The point is that bloom nutes are not needed. They are a ratio that weed does not use.

Listen to the interview.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

veg+bloom is a brand of powder nutrients not a ratio, its pretty close to jacks 321 I do believe

No i realize veg bloom is a nute. again the point is any general grow nute will work fine. Low nitrogen and high pk are what is not needed in bloom. Its a myth. And the nute companies want us to believe bloom ratios are needed.

it really is an eye opening video. Advanced has published similar info. Look up the myth of high P.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

No i realize veg bloom is a nute. again the point is any general grow nute will work fine. Low nitrogen and high pk are what is not needed in bloom. Its a myth. And the nute companies want us to believe bloom ratios are needed.

it really is an eye opening video. Advanced has published similar info. Look up the myth of high P.

I use jacks 321 at all times which is basically a 3-1-4 NPK... do you think I don't already know high P is dumb? lol

Top Bottom