To flush or not to flush?

• Thread starter Oblivi0us
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I grow autos, around day 50 i flush out all the salt that may have built up, a light flush, 10 days before i chop i stop feeding and only give water after a light flush, some people say flushing is for toilets but food will build up and a light flush will not hurt your plants when transitioning from veg to flower.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I grow autos, around day 50 i flush out all the salt that may have built up, a light flush, 10 days before i chop i stop feeding and only give water after a light flush, some people say flushing is for toilets but food will build up and a light flush will not hurt your plants when transitioning from veg to flower.

Of course not. Flushing is actually called leaching in agriculture and is a tool to do just that. Clear out excess salts when needed.

Its only weed growers that seem to think its needed for weeks.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Of course not. Flushing is actually called leaching in agriculture and is a tool to do just that. Clear out excess salts when needed.

Its only weed growers that seem to think its needed for weeks.

What I'd like the study to do next time is run high pk boosters. Then see how flushing affects it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

To give the theory one more final death blow I suppose. Alot of growers use pk boosters. Plant may react differently? Perhaps not.

I did my flush testing when i still used the bloom bottle. Tapering off as the plant finishes still worked better for me.

I compared all these myths with 3 cuttings run 3 times each. Light spectrums (hps, mh, cmh). Flushing vs tapering off. Topping vs. bending. Etc.

So i get any grower who wants to compare. :-)

A.Swift

A.Swift

but why? PK boosters do more harm than good to begin wit!

dude all i know is that there are a few farms just running this base nute like your talking about here. The product is shit and tests low, I get a dude who owns a nute company presented info he was responsible for generating but I mean the proof is in the pudding. We cannot dispute white ash vs black ash, we cannot dispute a crackle with salts without some kind of flush. Im honestly a little confused, a few day flush is still a flush it seems were debating colors from different lenses?

bunkerking

bunkerking

dude all i know is that there are a few farms just running this base nute like your talking about here. The product is shit and tests low, I get a dude who owns a nute company presented info he was responsible for generating but I mean the proof is in the pudding. We cannot dispute white ash vs black ash, we cannot dispute a crackle with salts without some kind of flush. Im honestly a little confused, a few day flush is still a flush it seems were debating colors from different lenses?

How do you explain the tissue reports that show the plant isnt uptaking much P in the 1st place? In flower.

A.Swift

A.Swift

How do you explain the tissue reports that show the plant isnt uptaking much P in the 1st place? In flower.

strain / environmental / stress / grower energy

I get the shit sounds convincing but what are the parameters of the study? What was the methodology of tissue reports? I dont know enough about the process to trust it, however I know people fail in (true) organics in a commercial setting because of low P uptake without additives. This is documented off over 10 Farms P&L's in tandem with testing reports for THC content, unless you have all the data you cant believe shit regardless of how convincing it is. I agree the P is overdone in boosters but it deff helps man shit, just adding budswell to my deal already running Veg bloom produced a visible difference in a few days.

I think the ratios are just way off in most commercial nutes / bottled nutes

bunkerking

bunkerking

I get the shit sounds convincing but what are the parameters of the study? What was the methodology of tissue reports? I dont know enough about the process to trust it, however I know people fail in (true) organics in a commercial setting because of low P uptake without additives. This is documented off over 10 Farms P&L's in tandem with testing reports for THC content, unless you have all the data you cant believe shit regardless of how convincing it is. I agree the P is overdone in boosters but it deff helps man shit, just adding budswell to my deal already running Veg bloom produced a visible difference in a few days.

Oh.. Not saying dont use P. Its just that over doing P leads to issues and so many bloom bottles are super high P. Just cant get around that part. To have more control over it. Use a base then add the extra as needed in flower.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I'm running jacks 321.. the NPK is 3-1-4, its killing any high P bloom ratio I have ever used & I have been at this for over 20 years, plants are soooo much healthier its ridiculous. not a single negative & tests show it out THC level's the same strain grown with high P bloom nutes, bloom nutes do add mass 100%, they will out weigh low P grown buds but the quality is also lower with the high P bud.. Ive seen several tests.. High P is a myth, the highest P I would ever run is something like 1-1-1 or 7-7-7 or 20-20-20, whatever. and then I would boost the K.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Also Low N - i see that often when people use bloom bottles. (on the forum here)

So using a base and adding in the extra stuff as needed in flower = efficient, and good results.

bunkerking

bunkerking

I'm running jacks 321.. the NPK is 3-1-4, its killing any high P bloom ratio I have ever used & I have been at this for over 20 years, plants are soooo much healthier its ridiculous. not a single negative & tests show it out THC level's the same strain grown with high P bloom nutes, bloom nutes do add mass 100%, they will out weigh low P grown buds but the quality is also lower with the high P bud.. Ive seen several tests.. High P is a myth, the highest P I would ever run is something like 1-1-1 or 7-7-7 or 20-20-20, whatever. and then I would boost the K.

dont forget to count the Phos ppm's from PH Down ;)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The interview i posted is from the president of dyna grow. He is saying most of his products are not needed and not helpful. No agenda. Just science. The proper ratio the plant actually uses through its stages is discussed. And it is eye opening.

He is also saying that uneducated growers are the reason he produces the extra stuff. The demand is too high to ignore and misinformation caises many to expect the bloom and additives bottles or wouldnt buy the base nute in the first place.

Advanced nutes has published basically the same info and also continues to sell a dozen extra bottles. Lol.

Consumer beware!

bunkerking

bunkerking

The interview i posted is from the president of dyna grow. He is saying most of his products are not needed and not helpful. No agenda. Just science. The proper ratio the plant actually uses through its stages is discussed. And it is eye opening.

He is also saying that uneducated growers are the reason he produces the extra stuff. The demand is too high to ignore and misinformation caises many to expect the bloom and additives bottles or wouldnt buy the base nute in the first place.

Advanced nutes has published basically the same info and also continues to sell a dozen extra bottles. Lol.

Consumer beware!

hard to turn down easy money, dont blame them. lol.

A.Swift

A.Swift

fuck, check out veg bloom nutes and tell me what you think. People said they were nuts for a long time for a 1 part base, only recently did they add the shine bloom boost

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Consumer beware!
if you think nute companies care about anything other than the bottom line as in profits then smoke another one...lol, But seriously there is almost nothing that requires high P that is a consumable fruit or veggie. The closest things to MJ are hemp & Tobacco & guess what they want like 9-3-6 aka foliage pro by dyna grow, MJ wants more K tho

Latest posts

Top Bottom