To flush or not to flush?

• Thread starter Fro5ty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fro5ty

Fro5ty

Hmm, tough call but 2 more days before a res change won't be a big deal, although I would use a slightly stronger dose of peroxide at about 7ml/gallon of 18%.

And no problem. I like helping people, but don't always have the time to fully explain why I recommend a certain treatment or action. I get that it's frustrating when you're looking for understanding, more so than just the answer. Just the way she goes.
Dude. It was really getting on my nerves at a certain point. I tried to type out as much info as possible, to be able to get the best diagnose, and then people ask me for the same information again. No problem, I'll type it out again. And then someone else asks for the same info again?!

I have given certain information 3 times. I'm simply not going to give it a 4th time. Pure principle
Hmm, tough call but 2 more days before a res change won't be a big deal, although I would use a slightly stronger dose of peroxide at about 7ml/gallon of 18%.

And no problem. I like helping people, but don't always have the time to fully explain why I recommend a certain treatment or action. I get that it's frustrating when you're looking for understanding, more so than just the answer. Just the way she goes.
I just lifted one of the plants as high as I can and took a pic of the roots. They’re definitely browner then I thought. Do they still look good to you? They don’t feel slimy or weak.

948A0C91 9272 43DB 974B 8AAD9E35ED3C

And here are some pics of what my leafs are doing. Adding calmag didn’t work so far. But leaving it out does seem to have made it worse. The diagnose of what it is, is still open in my opinion. The leafs are also dark green. The camera somehow makes the green brighter.

3AC8531B 3A60 496E 8BED 3D87A4F638CC
1525C1CF 3725 4D00 BC43 3D8D6FF5330E

theNedster

theNedster

How much air are you pumping in? Is it going through an air stone? Looks like they are not getting enough air to me. You can’t have too much IME.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

How much air are you pumping in? Is it going through an air stone? Looks like they are not getting enough air to me. You can’t have too much IME.
you can have too much air according to currency culture recommendations.

theNedster

theNedster

you can have too much air according to currency culture recommendations.
I suppose, but I guess what I mean is within reason. Lots of folks don’t use enough. Question, why are the rocks in the root pot bone dry? Is the level of solution that low?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I suppose, but I guess what I mean is within reason. Lots of folks don’t use enough. Question, why are the rocks in the root pot bone dry? Is the level of solution that low?
Its not my net pot but current culture recomends 1 inch below the netpot but take into account that raised portion in their netpot
Screenshot 20211217 155046 Chrome

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

I can’t really look in the pot anymore. But I even think that the airstone is IN the cluster of roots. I hear a noise when I lift it up. Pretty sure it’s the airstone coming out of the water.

water is between 1 and 2 inches from the netpot

theNedster

theNedster

I don’t know who current cultures is. I’m no expert in DWC but I’ve done plenty of runs with it successfully. Here’s a NL x Haze that yielded over 10 oz. I disagree with allowing that much root to be exposed. I prefer LOTS of air. I suggest newer growers find someone who has experience to tutor them and have a little patience rather than trying to take a ”scientific approach”.
I’m new here but I have immediately noticed lots of growers who come right out and say they are new growers, yet shun the advice of experienced growers who try to help them with advice based on experience and proven outcomes.

F0C06FF4 A690 4851 A8CF 21982FF91957
4A2463F4 CBE4 45F6 A966 30CF0BF9C175
theNedster

theNedster

I can’t really look in the pot anymore. But I even think that the airstone is IN the cluster of roots. I hear a noise when I lift it up. Pretty sure it’s the airstone coming out of the water.
Gotcha, I think there is not enough air. Try a quick fix, order another air pump and airstone and drop it into the bucket. This is the NUMBER 1 thing I see people misjudge on DWC. You can’t have too much air. If the air stone is in the middle of that rootball, we’ll it isn’t really distributing air into your solution efficiently. I am willing to bet you one US dollar 💵 it improves/ fixes your roots very quickly. Don’t even bother adding hydroguard. You probably do need the de chlorinator, in any event it cannot hurt.
Those round stones that fit the bottom of the bucket are perfect for what you need, they require a lot of air to diffuse properly. I don’t know if you can see the above pic but I had 4 air stones in that bucket and as you can see a big ass air pump.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I don’t know who current cultures is. I’m no expert in DWC but I’ve done plenty of runs with it successfully. Here’s a NL x Haze that yielded over 10 oz. I disagree with allowing that much root to be exposed. I prefer LOTS of air. I suggest newer growers find someone who has experience to tutor them and have a little patience rather than trying to take a ”scientific approach”.
I’m new here but I have immediately noticed lots of growers who come right out and say they are new growers, yet shun the advice of experienced growers who try to help them with advice based on experience and proven outcomes.
Current culture was probably the first RDWC that was around. When you see these diy systems on this forum, they are modeling theirs to the original current culture design.

I'm not new here and I've always try to find out who's who buy clicking on their profile picture and then their posts. Both the threads they've responded too along with the threads they've started. Even who they are following says some imo.

But as far as more air is better? I won't agree nor will I recommend it. My new 4 site current culture came from th factory with a single round 2" stone in each tote and none in the epicenter along with a type of bypass valve to throttle the air down even more. Results were interesting but inconclusive. But i would not necessarily say more air is better

2.5 lb plant
20211009 094346

theNedster

theNedster

Current culture was probably the first RDWC that was around. When you see these diy systems on this forum, they are modeling theirs to the original current culture design.

I'm not new here and I've always try to find out who's who buy clicking on their profile picture and then their posts. Both the threads they've responded too along with the threads they've started. Even who they are following says some imo.

But as far as more air is better? I won't agree nor will I recommend it. My new 4 site current culture came from th factory with a single round 2" stone in each tote and none in the epicenter along with a type of bypass valve to throttle the air down even more. Results were interesting but inconclusive. But i would not necessarily say more air is better

2.5 lb plant View attachment 1199174
That’s certainly a big ass bush. My dollar bet to the OP still stands.

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

Gotcha, I think there is not enough air. Try a quick fix, order another air pump and airstone and drop it into the bucket. This is the NUMBER 1 thing I see people misjudge on DWC. You can’t have too much air. If the air stone is in the middle of that rootball, we’ll it isn’t really distributing air into your solution efficiently. I am willing to bet you one US dollar 💵 it improves/ fixes your roots very quickly. Don’t even bother adding hydroguard. You probably do need the de chlorinator, in any event it cannot hurt.
Those round stones that fit the bottom of the bucket are perfect for what you need, they require a lot of air to diffuse properly. I don’t know if you can see the above pic but I had 4 air stones in that bucket and as you can see a big ass air pump.

This is the pump I have. It's the biggest one

B

Bfjerky

You should be good around 1 2 ec. Try checking your run off at the same time when you check it. Like check it every 3days always at noon. This will give you a good run off read.

steve80545

steve80545

Anything over 1 EC burns my plants every time. I run closer to .8 and all the problems he is describing disappear. Plants are huge and healthy. Took me a good while to learn this. My harvest actually improved at the lower EC. Using RO water and GH nutes.

B

Bfjerky

Wow that's really low! I'm surprised that you can run them that low. Cool!