To Foam Or Not To Foam: Why Isn't My Tea Foaming? Is That Bad?

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
To foam!

squiggly

squiggly

This speaks to your lack of knowledge on the topic, like most of your posts do. lol...........take it easy

You're right. 99.99999999% of the scientific world reveres the man for his contributions to science--but you, some random guy on the internet, you've got it all figured out.

Also I'm dumb because I don't listen to you.

Totally adds up.

I've got $1000 bucks says you haven't read a single one of his essays or papers. Such a joke to say he stole "all of the work he's famous for" when the work he's famous for came over the course of 20 years.

What work did he steal?

Relativity? Gravity-time dilation? Special Relativity? The photoelectric effect? Wave-Particle Duality? Anyone who was familiar EVEN SLIGHTLY with Einstein's work or who had read even a SINGLE one of his papers would know that the man was a complete and utter genius.

Unless he had the guy he stole all of his work from locked up underneath his laboratory you're blowing smoke--or rather I should say, the guy you stole this idea from was blowing smoke.

Was he just constantly stealing this guys work and publishing it "right before" him--and the guy just kept working in a lab and never saying shit about it?

Face it--you read some bullshit conspiracy-esque theory and that sounded cooler than a guy being a kadrillion times smarter than you and so you went with that.

Next up:

Newton didn't invent calculus--it was the apple and he just stole the work.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You're right. 99.99999999% of the scientific world reveres the man for his contributions to science--but you, some random guy on the internet, you've got it all figured out.

Also I'm dumb because I don't listen to you.

Totally adds up.

I've got $1000 bucks says you haven't read a single one of his essays or papers. Such a joke to say he stole "all of the work he's famous for" when the work he's famous for came over the course of 20 years.

What work did he steal?

Relativity? Gravity-time dilation? Special Relativity? The photoelectric effect? Wave-Particle Duality? Anyone who was familiar EVEN SLIGHTLY with Einstein's work or who had read even a SINGLE one of his papers would know that the man was a complete and utter genius.

Unless he had the guy he stole all of his work from locked up underneath his laboratory you're blowing smoke--or rather I should say, the guy you stole this idea from was blowing smoke.

Was he just constantly stealing this guys work and publishing it "right before" him--and the guy just kept working in a lab and never saying shit about it?

Face it--you read some bullshit conspiracy-esque theory and that sounded cooler than a guy being a kadrillion times smarter than you and so you went with that.

Next up:

Newton didn't invent calculus--it was the apple and he just stole the work.

I believe his first post was sarcasm.

Back on topic please. And stop with the passive aggressive insults. They will not be tolerated in my section.

green punk

green punk

einstein got everything wrong...........he stole all the work he's famous for the published it before the real scientist that he stole it from lol........take it easy

Sorry cap.

I think you may have Einstein confused with Edison, and the other guy that actually got his intellectual property stolen would be Tesla.

And I use BioBizz Fish Mix. It has protein from fish meal and sugars from molasses. It seems the fish meal keeps the foam down.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The teas I've made using OGB have never gotten a nasty smell. In fact, I had started a tea with the root pack a couple of days before our trip to SoCal, and then I couldn't feed it. I figured oh well, I'll just pour it on my trees outside (dogwood, apple, peach, fig). Well, we got back home and the day after was when I went to check it, that's at LEAST a full 10 days after it was started. No smell. So, I threw in some Nute Pack, a few barley seeds and a wee bit of dry fish hydrolysate just for shits & giggles, came back the next day to feed it and it smelled sweet. Not like beer, sweet, a bit like molasses but not like molasses. Usually with the dry fish it smells like an old aquarium.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Sorry cap.

I think you may have Einstein confused with Edison, and the other guy that actually got his intellectual property stolen would be Tesla.

And I use BioBizz Fish Mix. It has protein from fish meal and sugars from molasses. It seems the fish meal keeps the foam down.
einstein came up with two theories on his own; those theories where based off of somone else's work, einstein was simply smart enough to find the missing variables in the equation somone else created, other then those 2 theories let me say that again "Theories" meaning unprovable at the current moment, he stole most of his other "work", and it's quite funny that you refer to him as a genius even though he came up with Theories. I have a theory that squiggs is 17 years old and has never grown an herb in his life but i can't currently prove this theory, Therefor i'm a genius based on squiggs own definition of the word genius...........take it easy

....sorry cap; just wanted to clarify for others my original statement: otherwise i get chastized by a 17 year old that plays scientist online

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

what are you using in this mix, the water and foam look so clean? take it easy

3 gals RO
75ml Organic Blackstrap
3 teaspoons Root pack
3 teaspoons Foliar pack

1/2 cup of Alfalfa in stocking
1/2 cup of EWC in stocking

Aquarium heater is set to 72
Forget the size of the air pump.

I go with 3 teaspoons instead of tablespoons because I use ALL my tea each week. Split between Veg/Mom room, and 2 flower rooms. Each room gets a gallon.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
einstein came up with two theories on his own; those theories where based off of somone else's work, einstein was simply smart enough to find the missing variables in the equation somone else created, other then those 2 theories let me say that again "Theories" meaning unprovable at the current moment, he stole most of his other "work", and it's quite funny that you refer to him as a genius even though he came up with Theories. I have a theory that squiggs is 17 years old and has never grown an herb in his life but i can't currently prove this theory, Therefor i'm a genius based on squiggs own definition of the word genius...........take it easy

....sorry cap; just wanted to clarify for others my original statement: otherwise i get chastized by a 17 year old that plays scientist online

please no insults. gotta stay civil in my threads. We can always agree to disagree but snubbing each other is retarded. It just leads to more snubs (case in point this thread).

Thank you for clarifying though.

This is a great thread so far, let's keep it going. I like all the tea pics. I'm gonna have to break out my scope again when I get a minute. Still need to scope tea from a nebulizer.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

please no insults. gotta stay civil in my threads. We can always agree to disagree but snubbing each other is retarded. It just leads to more snubs (case in point this thread).

Thank you for clarifying though.

This is a great thread so far, let's keep it going. I like all the tea pics. I'm gonna have to break out my scope again when I get a minute. Still need to scope tea from a nebulizer.

For sure....fighting on the internet it like clapping with one hand. Though you may be able to...you can't ever do it good. This site is about SHARING our experiences and helping one another. Not who know's more than who....or who is right or wrong. I've learned so much from people on here....and hopefully I have been able to help a few others in return.

I left for a while because I had a few people who were downright being assholes, and while I deserved a good tongue lashing on a few things, some comments and PM's I got were just down right uncalled for. It's not so much that my ego got bruised, but that my experience here was no longer a pleasant one. I come here because I enjoy it....and when my SERENITY levels get skewed.....I'm not enjoying things.

So Cap.....a Nebulizer you say? What are you doing....inhaling tea?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
For sure....fighting on the internet it like clapping with one hand. Though you may be able to...you can't ever do it good. This site is about SHARING our experiences and helping one another. Not who know's more than who....or who is right or wrong. I've learned so much from people on here....and hopefully I have been able to help a few others in return.

I left for a while because I had a few people who were downright being assholes, and while I deserved a good tongue lashing on a few things, some comments and PM's I got were just down right uncalled for. It's not so much that my ego got bruised, but that my experience here was no longer a pleasant one. I come here because I enjoy it....and when my SERENITY levels get skewed.....I'm not enjoying things.

So Cap.....a Nebulizer you say? What are you doing....inhaling tea?

By nebulizer I mean fogger. I'm not inhaling any tea... yet. Will that get me fucked up? :troll:

squiggly

squiggly

einstein came up with two theories on his own; those theories where based off of somone else's work, einstein was simply smart enough to find the missing variables in the equation somone else created

Not to be a jerk--but that is how science works bro. It's collaborative. The person who solves the puzzle gets the credit. It's not called stealing in science--otherwise just about every scientist in the world is a "thief". We build on previous work, that's how it goes. In reality that is the strength of science. We have a standard that we use to decide what is credible work, and then if something meets that standard it keeps each of us from having to do the work over again in order to use it to sure up a theory further down the line.

If I had to prove what a beta-adrenergic receptor responded to, where it was located, or how it affected cardiovascular tissue every time I wanted to make a new beta-blocker then we'd probably only have one beta-blocker right now instead of 20.

other then those 2 theories let me say that again "Theories" meaning unprovable at the current moment, he stole most of his other "work", and it's quite funny that you refer to him as a genius even though he came up with Theories. I have a theory that squiggs is 17 years old and has never grown an herb in his life but i can't currently prove this theory, Therefor i'm a genius based on squiggs own definition of the word genius...........take it easy
Shoot me a PM and let me know which "theories" of his have no experimental demonstration for them--because the fact is that none of Einstein's theories lack demonstrable experimental results. The only ones which didn't in his time were both of the relativistic theories and they have since been thoroughly demonstrated (GPS is one application which wouldn't work properly without relativity). All of them have real consequences in the physical world we live in. This falls into the argument "gravity is a theory". It's true but its disingenuous to say in a way.

As for whether or not I've grown, I'm working on getting a VPN so I feel comfortable posting pics in open forum, I'm currently doing my research on that (and on a metadata cleaner for the pics themselves)--but Cap has seen my grow if he wishes to confirm that I have one. Hearsay is fine by me :) :p

As far as foam goes:

I've noticed that foam has a high correlation to two things:

#1. The amount of "biosolids" introduced at the start (meals, castings, etc)

#2. The temperature the tea is kept at while brewing. Temperature plays an enormous role in bacterial growth, because it generally speeds up the turnover rate on enzymes (exponentially).

Most of what is creating the foam as the term "protein skimmer" suggests is protein. That's why the foam has a much more "solid", or thicker,feel to it than the fatty or detergent foams we're used to seeing from say dish or hand soap.

@Cap it wasn't my intention to be passive aggressive. I hate that shit. I usually try to just be plain old aggressive aggressive. I think sometimes sarcasm is just hard on the internet, or maybe I'm just bad at it.

I should probably stop it in either case, so I will ;)

catdaddy

catdaddy

can't lie, i was starting to ask this awhile ago, but choose not too. being that i am fairly new to this, i just thought i was the only one who was having or had this issue and chalked it up to me doing something wrong.
thanks for the info, Cap.

Top Bottom