to late to lollipop?

• Thread starter sgt. schultz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

12 days. Too late to lollipop? 6 plants 2k in 5 gal chow mix. Including buckets 36" to 50". Tired of trimming fluff.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
12 days. Too late to lollipop? 6 plants 2k in 5 gal chow mix. Including buckets 36" to 50". Tired of trimming fluff.

In my world it's almost never too late. I do the first round about 2wks post-flip (as the stretch is slowing down) then again about 2 weeks after that, to make sure I've got it all cleaned up. I do the Brazilian thing (outdoor ladies don't get this kind of attention, they be mountain mamas), but further remove bud sites that are showing low potential. Makes for an ALMOST awesome trimming time post-harvey, too.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's an excellent piece of advice, I forgot to mention how it, but baba's right, it's extremely useful for seeing what's actually getting good light and so has the best POTential.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I'm privy to lollipopping my plants but lately I feel doing this either slows them down for several days or they just stop all together. Yes, I do thin the plants in 1 day, is this too much for them?
In my world it's almost never too late. I do the first round about 2wks post-flip (as the stretch is slowing down) then again about 2 weeks after that, to make sure I've got it all cleaned up. I do the Brazilian thing (outdoor ladies don't get this kind of attention, they be mountain mamas), but further remove bud sites that are showing low potential. Makes for an ALMOST awesome trimming time post-harvey, too.
Sea, do you notice the plants slow down when you thin them over several weeks? I'm going to run a side-by-side this next round..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I feel it spurs them on and if anything they maybe slow down for 24 hours but regain a faster pace after that. I thin out a whole plant in one sitting and it fills a 5 gal bucket of material for every few to several plants. If your plants aren't thriving like crazy, it will slow them down. If they are extremely happy, it speeds them up imo.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I feel it spurs them on and if anything they maybe slow down for 24 hours but regain a faster pace after that. I thin out a whole plant in one sitting and it fills a 5 gal bucket of material for every few to several plants. If your plants aren't thriving like crazy, it will slow them down. If they are extremely happy, it speeds them up imo.

Makes sense; this round they weren't the happiest when I cut them up, took a good week until they showed any response.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just like baba, I've found that it seems to spur new growth. But, that's also an observation I've been making since long before I endeavored to grow cannabis--I know of no plants that don't benefit from some judicious pruning. If in doubt, cut it out!

Let me see if I can find an article on touching plants... hold on, brb.

Ok, not quite related, yet kinda related:

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I grew up with hippies that didn't wanna touch or take a leaf off of their plants....the plant is on a mission and it isn't considering that you don't like flarf come harvest time! So, I always intervene and shape or prune the plant to my desires. I pick all bottom leaves off cuts when planted to make sure bugs don't have a safe haven and make any preventative spraying much easier and productive.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I didn't really get it, until I started THINKING. I first started thinking about what my mom would always make us girls do as the fruit trees began to set fruit. And then I was doing some Googling or some other farting around one day years ago, because I'd been introduced to Medjool dates by my husband (those things are so fucking good!) and I began wondering about growing them. I came across the Dateland date tutorial, and suddenly the light bulb in my head turned on and it was this huge AHA! moment.

http://www.dateland.com/Tutorial.html

Once you read how they select OUT (aka cull) fruits in order to guarantee the best, biggest, sweetest fruits from their palms possible, it will make lollipopping a whole lot easier in conception.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Just like baba, I've found that it seems to spur new growth. But, that's also an observation I've been making since long before I endeavored to grow cannabis--I know of no plants that don't benefit from some judicious pruning. If in doubt, cut it out!

Let me see if I can find an article on touching plants... hold on, brb.

Ok, not quite related, yet kinda related:

Interesting read. Thanks.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

go for it,i've done it before but i wouldnt do it after day 16
I didn't really get it, until I started THINKING. I first started thinking about what my mom would always make us girls do as the fruit trees began to set fruit. And then I was doing some Googling or some other farting around one day years ago, because I'd been introduced to Medjool dates by my husband (those things are so fucking good!) and I began wondering about growing them. I came across the Dateland date tutorial, and suddenly the light bulb in my head turned on and it was this huge AHA! moment.

http://www.dateland.com/Tutorial.html

Once you read how they select OUT (aka cull) fruits in order to guarantee the best, biggest, sweetest fruits from their palms possible, it will make lollipopping a whole lot easier in conception.
Cool article. Thanks.

J

Jalisco Kid

Clean them up about the first 10" of the branch fro the stalk, This will help push up fresh air and push out some humidity from in there. I never lollypop my plants but shape them so I get the structure I want. I use a lot of yo-yo's for this. JK

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Clean them up about the first 10" of the branch fro the stalk, This will help push up fresh air and push out some humidity from in there. I never lollypop my plants but shape them so I get the structure I want. I use a lot of yo-yo's for this. JK

Gracias Sifu. Now months, not years, from rocking your buckets.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Critique my trimming please? 1 pic show 1st 3 I did, 1 pic shows 4th 1 I did a little less because I thought maybe I did the 1st 3 too much, 1 pick shows 1 I haven't done. 6th is behind 4th 1 I did. 1 pic shows full view. Not sure what order they're in. 16 days in. Are they to tall and I'm waiting too long to flip? 11ft ceilings. Starting another 1k tonight.

1st 3
Before and after
Before
Full view
Top Bottom