To Or Not To Trim Fan Leaves In Flower

• Thread starter DANKGROWER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oregonmellow

So I have been reading fellow farmers posts about takeing fans off,guess it*s a matter of what works for you,happy growing,Peace.

O

oregonmellow

Buds 014

O

oregonmellow

Finally finished White Widow,haven*t posted for a couple weeks,it turned out pretty good even with my fans stripped off,176 buds average like in the pic off 12 plants,happy growing,Peace.

gooball

gooball

So I've got some ladies in flower and i have read both you can and you can't trim fan leaves in flower...seems to be an ongoing debate!!! So I'm asking the farm what would you do and why?
I trimmed the fan leaves in flower stage and my plants went into shock. The buds are tiny and the top of some of the plants under the lights burnt. I'm never doing that again. I pretty much have like 3 or 4 ounces total for 7 plants. Live n learn I guess.

T

The OD710

I know this was an old thread but the "3 a light" book focuses heavy on extreme defoliation at weeks 1 and 3, like to the point of stripping all growth off to the first node. The jungleboys also practice extreme defoliation they say some strains respond best to the first node and other the second. Your plants must but very healthy. If you start removing leaves on an unhealthy plant you are not going to get good results at all. If you don't beleive it go check out the 3 a light Instagram page and scroll through the pics to see some extreme defoliation and the results. @thr33alight

Steelers8482

Steelers8482

20200223 132731

It's my first time growing indoors and wanted to see if anyone got some advice for me. Should I trim some leaves or no? Thanks

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey steeler , what strain is it ? Can you post a pic in normal white light with the hps turned off ?

BigCube

BigCube

I always massively defoliate during week 2 or 3 of flower. Once I can see what's going to be what, I remove anything covering budsites and EVERYTHING from the lower third of the plant that would only ever give me popcorn larf.

I essentially remove half the vegetation from the plant. I do it all in one or two days depending on how much time I can dedicate to the task. I've never had a plant react negatively.

If you're growing auto, this would probably fuck it up since autos are shit and cant handle anything without turning herm or turning to shit.

If you're growing anything other than auto, you'll be fine.

Paniczone

Paniczone

Should I trim anything off of these girls? They are 1 1/2 weeks into switching the lights to 12/12.

Thanks,
M

9DED98E2 5593 4665 ABDE 72E0CEB744F8
3BE64142 8EAA 4E8D 8A61 5AD41090C465
C69775CA 2D1A 4645 893E D2816190C412
B764D004 6321 46CA 9C4E FE38FFAB0AFA
catbuds240

catbuds240

personally i would trim some of the lower stuff on the branches.
Also if you were to have any stakes that would be useful to help spread out the plant some. You want to try and maximize canopy space while leaving as much of the plant untrimmed as possible

Paniczone

Paniczone

Also if you were to have any stakes that would be useful to help spread out the plant some. You want to try and maximize canopy space while leaving as much of the plant untrimmed as possible

like a camping stake? How would I use that?

catbuds240

catbuds240

these are a bit pricey online i have been able to find the same ones locally for 3 bucks

Top Bottom