• Forget the SOG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know what SOG is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bubba kush

Bubba kush

First off thank you for reading this!!

I have a sealed room that is 15'3 X 9'3" X 8' .... Totally screwed up should have been a bit bigger. Cant fit 4 4x8 trays but it is what it is

I run 6 1000's a 3 ton mini split and use co2. I have ran an undercurrent system (was fun) ran flood and draining 3x6 trays, ran buckets with rockwool cubs in 3x6 trays, and buckets with sunshine #4. Watered with a watering system, hand watered and really get good results with hand water DTW with flora nova

My best results were with a longer veg big white square buckets sunshine #4 and on the floor no trays. I got almost 15 packs with the 6 1000's and 54 plants. It was a pain in the ass because I hand watered and had literally zero space in the room. I had to pull out 12-15 plants every time I watered. I did maximize my space but was way too much work watering. Sunshine mix made it easier due to retaining water longer than rockwool cubes. At the peak the max I watered 3 times a week. Most of the grow I only watered 2x's a week. I will post some pics later of that run

I am really wanting to run SOG due to my limited space. I have room to build a spot for mothers and clones.

I am thinking of building 2 beds 4x15 that I can harvest one of them every month. The problem is, that would only leave me about 1 foot between the tray to work. I will also need to crawl under one of the trays to get in the room due to the position of my door lol(not really funny) but seriously trying to maximize my space.

I am thinking of using the sunshine #4 again due to hazing good results and hazing a few bails left. I have a ton of the white 6x6 square pots (the tall ones) or I can just do beds with the sunshine mix and no pots.

I have zero experience in SOG and tried doing some research but am looking for first hand experiences with it. My friends have never done sog but they also have much more space than I do.

I am thinking of the math...

1 4x15 bed or tray a month gives me 60sq foot of grow area. 3 plants per sq foot gives me 180 plants in the sog.
If I get 1/4 of an of per plant works out to 2.8lbs per month (not worth it, time, electricity,etc)
If I get 1/2 an oz per plant works out to 5.6lbs per month ( this is worth the time and expense)
If I get 3/4 of an oz per plant that works out to 8.4 lbs per month ( no brainier)
If I get 1 oz per plant that works out to 11.25 lbs per month (OMG everyone should run this set up)

As you can see I need some advice on what I should run, the math has my head going in only one direction lol. I am open to any and all suggestions and opinions. I really would like to pull 5 per month.

Thank you very much for any and all advice. I will post some pics later and post pics of this run from start to finish. Peace

LI grows

LI grows

you should be thinking grams per watt rather than per plant, especially in sog. 6000 watts,
1 gram per watt is 6000 grams per 9 weeks, 666 per week x 4 is 2664 per month. 6 lbs per month.
1 gram per watt is a low estimate, you'll probably do a lot better.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

you should be thinking grams per watt rather than per plant, especially in sog. 6000 watts,
1 gram per watt is 6000 grams per 9 weeks, 666 per week x 4 is 2664 per month. 6 lbs per month.

You are 100% right on with gram per watt and that is what I always focused on with my other grows. I need info on yield per plant to see if this will work to the level I want it at. I really would like a minimum of 5 per month and if SOG will not pull that I need some thoughts on what will with my limited space. I do not have room to veg 30 big plants every month

I will have 3 1000 over each 4x15 (if I do sog this way) I would like to harvest 1 4x 15 every month and 3 lbs will not get me to the goal.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Thank you very much for the reply. That is exactly what I need some advice at this point. I'm really having tunnel vision with the math on a dog at.5 - .75 of an oz per plant with a sog. I just don't know if it's consistently possible to pull it off.

I read a few years back of a guy doing raised beds about the same size. 4x12 or 4x25 sog and he had big big yields per plant. I am focusing on per plant because an extra .25 of an oz on each plant makes a big difference

LI grows

LI grows

You probably know this: Topping and training in veg for sog is where youre gonne pickup the .25 z per plant. triming the larf off the bottom and inside of the plant. grow mostly top buds.
How much space do you have from the bottom of the plant to the bottom of the light is going to determine how tall you allow the plants to be.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

You probably know this: Topping and training in veg for sog is where youre gonne pickup the .25 z per plant. triming the larf off the bottom and inside of the plant. grow mostly top buds.
How much space do you have from the bottom of the plant to the bottom of the light is going to determine how tall you allow the plants to be.
I can run 3 1000's over each bed or I can run 4 600's. With the six hundreds I can put them much closer to the canopy. I have zero experience with sog so I don't know what should be best

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I have 45 plants that have been vegging for 3 weeks now and I think I'm going to take enough clones to do 2 3x6 sog 66-72 per tray. While the clones are rooting and then vegging for 5-7 days the 45 I took them from should bounce back nicely. I will run 30-35 of those on the floor like last time. That way I can see if the sog will be worth it.

Any thoughts. And what do you think will out produce.
A) 2 3x6 trays with 3 1000's with 66-72 per tray

B) 35 plants that have had on average 3 clones off of each ( I will rape the other 10 for clones that I'm not going to use)

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

LI grows

LI grows

Looks good... I would suggest trimming the very low branches. That would encourage top growth and more overall weight in the end. Providing air flow at the soil level will give you healthier plants.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Going to veg about another week then going to try and take 150 clones. Let them recoup a bit while clones root then flower everything

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

If plant numbers arent an issue id say go sog.many small cuts with little veg time-just enough to get theyr roots into the medium.concentrate on one good cut high yeilding cut like blue dream or something.im no good at maths and numbers and shit but that way your cutting out more veg time by useing larger numbers of cuts.i only do small tent and cupboard grows perpetual style and apart fro the part about useing blue drram thats what i do wen im doing runs for production..

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Should be ready to take a bunch of cutting on Monday or Tuesday. Then build the sog beds. So interested to see the results side by side

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Should be done soon. One 42"x8' done. Framed the 42"x15'3" and the other 48"x6'

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I have so many buckets and square grow pots to store lol. Clones should start popping roots in another 5-6 days. Need to get to work

Top Bottom