To Vert or not to Vert?

• Thread starter LordOfThNugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I have not done that so I am not sure. When I did trees i had 4 x 2 stacked and vegged and flowered in the same room cause that was all of my lights I had at the time. I had to veg those for 3 months and yes they ended up about 6 1/2 " tall bushes. I didnt like all the time spent on vegging though. I'd rather grow flowers than a gigantic flower support system. Now I veg for 4 weeks in veg chamber, topped once after 5th or 6th node. Put them in the rack for one week under 24hr light, flip to 12/12 train the tops to trellis squares exposed to light. 2nd week in flower, take the next round of clones from the ones that didn't fill into a trellis spot. Put the clones in with the other vegging clones and or mothers after they root. Cycle cycle cycle.

Sounds like you've got yourself a nice system setup..
Have you seen Obsouleet's photo in 'the photo of the month'?
What media are you using?
and...
You mentioned you're still under 1GPW?

LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

I have 8kw total but will be running only 4kw total for flowering 2 rack systems.

Yes I saw his pic. Expected to see an evil spider monkey glaring out at me from in there!

My last run with the shelves was .94 gpw but it was not monocropped. I had 12 different strains going.

I use Coconut mixed coarsness with perlite top and bottom and big coco chunks at bottom. Hand fed on mother hunts due to different nutrient needs. DTW with dripper system otherwise and up to 3 feeds per day when flowering. I have not implemented the use of CO2 with vert. Don't see it happening due to the need for high temps and RH to make it worthwhile. Vert is designed to prevent heat and has a lot of air exchange every couple of minutes.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Nice! I keep my equip in the corners too with an angled reflectix flap to hide it and reflect closer than the empty corner. Helps with a top and bottom vortex to happen with fan positioning too. With an upfaced fan under the bulbs. Makes temps easy as hell and cheaper to dial in too with no heat gathering in a bulky reflector.

Every place I have a light, I have a nice fan blowing a cool breeze straight up at it! You don't really need any wall fans this way. Plenty of air circulation.

D

donkeydon

Nice! I keep my equip in the corners too with an angled reflectix flap to hide it and reflect closer than the empty corner. Helps with a top and bottom vortex to happen with fan positioning too. With an upfaced fan under the bulbs. Makes temps easy as hell and cheaper to dial in too with no heat gathering in a bulky reflector.
exactly what I use.1 fan per light plus 3 floor fans pushing one way

D

donkeydon

I have not done that so I am not sure. When I did trees i had 4 x 2 stacked and vegged and flowered in the same room cause that was all of my lights I had at the time. I had to veg those for 3 months and yes they ended up about 6 1/2 " tall bushes. I didnt like all the time spent on vegging though. I'd rather grow flowers than a gigantic flower support system. Now I veg for 4 weeks in veg chamber, topped once after 5th or 6th node. Put them in the rack for one week under 24hr light, flip to 12/12 train the tops to trellis squares exposed to light. 2nd week in flower, take the next round of clones from the ones that didn't fill into a trellis spot. Put the clones in with the other vegging clones and or mothers after they root. Cycle cycle cycle.
im new so I added an zcloner to the rotation. hey if you work it /its all good

Top Bottom