To water or not to water? Please help!

• Thread starter Venus32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks underwatwred to me. Maybe some root issues but definitely a transpiration issue.

Reduce the light intensity a lot.

Water until you just get all the media wet bit not to runoff right after lights on.

Get the humidity up to 60-65%

Warm the rootzone over 70 if ya can. Atleast lift emnoff the floor.

Make sure you have no direct airflow in the plants.

Wait a week to see how she responds

Venus32

Venus32

Sounds like solid advice. I’ll wait until morning and do what you suggested. Will post pics tomorrow afternoon once it’s reacted to the watering. 🤞

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sounds like solid advice. I’ll wait until morning and do what you suggested. Will post pics tomorrow afternoon once it’s reacted to the watering. 🤞
Then you need to let the soil dry but only to aboit 30% then water again but don't soak the soil just enough to get it all moist.

Venus32

Venus32

So an update for those of you are curious.....

I watered my plant this morning shortly after lights on. Plain PH’d water, no nutes. I dampened the soil throughout but didn’t soak and left her to it. 6 hours later and she has noticeably ‘lifted’. 1st picture was taken before watering and the second was 6 hours after watering. It’s still early days but at least she hasn’t flopped on me!

0D3597AD 38A9 46B5 94D1 2745350B4CA8
7748BA9E 5406 407D B039 7DC40F8D60F6
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So an update for those of you are curious.....

I watered my plant this morning shortly after lights on. Plain PH’d water, no nutes. I dampened the soil throughout but didn’t soak and left her to it. 6 hours later and she has noticeably ‘lifted’. 1st picture was taken before watering and the second was 6 hours after watering. It’s still early days but at least she hasn’t flopped on me!
Nice... some of the older damaged leaves will probably get worse but looks to be improving and likely will over the next few days. Usually under watering is very fast to correct bit when its chronic it will take a while and there will be some permanent damage. Not to worry though you would likely be removing most of that anyhow. Underwatering is much easier to recover from than overwatering so your on your way 👍

When its not chronic this vid I made shows how fast they can recover.

Venus32

Venus32

Nice... some of the older damaged leaves will probably get worse but looks to be improving and likely will over the next few days. Usually under watering is very fast to correct bit when its chronic it will take a while and there will be some permanent damage. Not to worry though you would likely be removing most of that anyhow. Underwatering is much easier to recover from than overwatering so your on your way 👍

When its not chronic this vid I made shows how fast they can recover.

Thanks, yeah fingers crossed. I know it’s impacted by the damage and the yield will suffer but I just love and am fascinated by the growing process. It’s a science I’m keen to master but I’m a loooooong way off that yet.
Should I take ALL the yellowing leaves off. My instinct is to take the ones that are completely yellow and brown and then see how the remaining leaves do over time? Thanks for posting the video. I’ll take a look at that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks, yeah fingers crossed. I know it’s impacted by the damage and the yield will suffer but I just love and am fascinated by the growing process. It’s a science I’m keen to master but I’m a loooooong way off that yet.
Should I take ALL the yellowing leaves off. My instinct is to take the ones that are completely yellow and brown and then see how the remaining leaves do over time? Thanks for posting the video. I’ll take a look at that.
I would leave em until its recovered a bit more. Maybe in a few days. The crisp ones can go though

Venus32

Venus32

You have a bit of air movement around the plant?
I’ve got fans built into my grow box. I had them on 80% during the day whilst I was trying to correct the overwatering but now they are on 50% during the day and 30% at night.
I wonder when my plant went from overwatered to underwatered......?🙄

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve got fans built into my grow box. I had them on 80% during the day whilst I was trying to correct the overwatering but now they are on 50% during the day and 30% at night.
I wonder when my plant went from overwatered to underwatered......?🙄
The demands can change quickly... they kinda stall if overwatered and takes some time to pick back up then when they dry a bit they actually start drinking more. Add some new growth and the watering demands go up

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
If you transplanted, make sure you water the old rootball enough as the roots havent reached the new soil yet.
And also dont overwater the new soil until the roots have grown.
Happened to me in the past, so just wanted to share.
Good luck !

Venus32

Venus32

Gotcha 😉
If you transplanted, make sure you water the old rootball enough as the roots havent reached the new soil yet.
And also dont overwater the new soil until the roots have grown.
Happened to me in the past, so just wanted to share.
Good luck !
ok that really good to know - thanks man!

Venus32

Venus32

The demands can change quickly... they kinda stall if overwatered and takes some time to pick back up then when they dry a bit they actually start drinking more. Add some new growth and the watering demands go up
Makes sense - thank you

Venus32

Venus32

My plant is looking a lot better, it’s started growing again and the main cola is fattening. It’s 5 1/2 weeks into flowering now. It’s still not back to full health and I’m not sure it ever will.
It’s time to water very soon. It is also due a feed. I was building up the flowering nutes gradually and it’s due a half dose. I’m just worried about feeding a plant that’s in recovery or is this perhaps what’s needed? My brain hurts. Can anyone offer any advice please? 😬
3A5C70BA 9928 45AB B1BF 4FA2C030CF61

jmand

jmand

Thanks for the reply. 👍

Even though the top leaves are still bloated? 🧐
this is not how to measure if a plant needs watering, bloated leaves you describe look more like thirsty shrivelled leaves. use a sensor to read soil moisture or simply lift the pot and when it is really light you should water it.. about every 3-5 days roughly but its always different as you might have a hot space or a huge pot.. You can get these cheap sensors that you stick into the soil for about £3 and it shows you iff its really dry down there.. But you will just get used to how the soil looks and the weight of the pot and how the plant looks, it should all tell you when to water!

Latest posts

Top Bottom