To Water or Not?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I've got some of "The Church" by Greenhouse Seeds; should be ready to come down in about 2 weeks maybe earlier. I would like earlier. Will cutting down on water and letting them dry out quicken ripening? Or should I just keep up with my regular watering ?

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

I've got some of "The Church" by Greenhouse Seeds; should be ready to come down in about 2 weeks maybe earlier. I would like earlier. Will cutting down on water and letting them dry out quicken ripening? Or should I just keep up with my regular watering ?

Uhhhh, I have no scientific contribution here, but I do have a blurb that may or may not help. I accidentally let my aeroponic plants get dried out when I flushed them once. The sprayers got clogged the 2nd day into flush and went the next 3 days without water. THey weren't dead but really at their breaking point. I watered them to get them back fully, then cut em down right away. Smoke turned out like shit, which was disappointing considering it was going to be a really good harvest. After drying out, some of the nice buds never came back as full. Figured I had a good 3-3.5 lbs on 8 plants under 2 1000-watt hps. Finished with 2 after that happened. Quit growing for a year and half after that.

Paperchase

Paperchase

Imo I dnt think it will frm my knowledge cutting back on the water or letting it dry out only helps when u harvest cus letting the soil dry out takes the moisture out the plant and makes it dry faster.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I agree with paperchase. but it won't help them ripen as your hoping, just gotta be stuck with the time schedule of the plants

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IF it's rainy, then I cut down on watering. If not, they stay on their regular watering schedule. I would suggest cutting back if they need less water, but do not let them dry out. The last two weeks can make a big difference in what you get.

Blaze

Blaze

I cut my watering back this time of year because the days are cooler and less is needed to keep the plant happy. Cutting water back to the point of making the plant stress is a bad idea, the plant packs on a lot of terpenes, resin and weight in those last two weeks.

mr roboto

mr roboto

I usually have problems with my plants drying out too fast even when I hang the whole plants so I like to water a few hours before I harvest,which helps out a lot for my climate

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I cut my watering back this time of year because the days are cooler and less is needed to keep the plant happy. Cutting water back to the point of making the plant stress is a bad idea, the plant packs on a lot of terpenes, resin and weight in those last two weeks.

And I cut watering times back after the rain and cool weather, and it's warmed up and gotten dry again, had to put it back to summertime levels. Sheesh! At least that means I should be able to squeeze another week or two in there, let 'em fatten up a bit more as they're chuggin' along.

Top Bottom