Toasters Seed Popping Micro Adventures

• Thread starter Toaster79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toaster79

Toaster79

Wow nice pictures toast. You do some amazing work with that camera. Wish I could get my son to talk with you. He's pretty damn good with a camera also. He keeps telling me he doesn't have a lens for macro like that. I need to buy him one. I keep telling him I would like to win potm just once lol. He's out chasing birds around the woods and comes up with some nice shots. I don't have the patients or the desire realy to learn to take nice shots with a camera.
Nice thread I stumbled into this am.

Thanks my friend.

The lens I used for this set is a 60mm super macro lens from a company called Oshiro. Got it for $130 shipped from USA to Austria. But keep in mind it's a completely manual lens. No auto focus, no aperture control, nothing. The only thing that goes automatically is the camera sets the "right" exposure when in aperture mode, but I almost never use this feature. Also aperture on this lens is step-less, so the set aperture is always an approximation. But the glas is great and it's built like a tank (all metal body). There's no aberrations to see and is tack sharp. From f2.8 and down. Although it gets a slight halo when stopped down to f22. This is the cheapest lens I got and I'm loving it above any other.

Here's a link to that lens reviews

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4127375

Last edited:
bicky studs

bicky studs

i just dug my camera

it has a macro mode... it seems the flash wont go in macro is that normal?
yeah toaster its got all ur white seetings n shit but i have no clue:cry:

Toaster79

Toaster79

i just dug my cameraView attachment 801280
it has a macro mode... it seems the flash wont go in macro is that normal?
yeah toaster its got all ur white seetings n shit but i have no clue:cry:

Well finally!

The flash wont go off in macro mode because the lens is to close to the subject and the flash wont lit it up.

But as long as you set the white balance right you'll get some good shots under your cobs. Should have more then enough light to work with. Just take it with you and start fooling around.

bicky studs

bicky studs

Well finally!

The flash wont go off in macro mode because the lens is to close to the subject and the flash wont lit it up.

But as long as you set the white balance right you'll get some good shots under your cobs. Should have more then enough light to work with. Just take it with you and start fooling around.
so i shouldnt use zoom for macro? do it digital after ...?
wats the iso? it goes from 80-3200.... its on iso 200 now. is that shutterspeed?
ive got a tripod too:cry: forgot about that

Toaster79

Toaster79

so i shouldnt use zoom for macro? do it digital after ...?
wats the iso? it goes from 80-3200.... its on iso 200 now. is that shutterspeed?
ive got a tripod too:cry: forgot about that

You should definitely use zoom on macro, that's why it's there.

ISO is sensor sensitivity (signal from sensor amplification) the lower it is the less noise is there. Shutter speed you can set when in shutter mode or in manual mode. Same for aperture. Your camera has macro mode so I'd start there and once you get a grip about shutter speeds and aperture then start using some advanced settings. The thing about aperture is it sets the depth of field. It determines how far from the focus point the picture will be still sharp. Wide open (lower aperture number) is gonna provide you with very little depth of field where stopped down youre gonna get much more of the picture in focus in front of and behind the focal plane.

Shutter speed is gonna determine if the picture will be frozen or smeared. Higher shutter speeds are exposing your sensor for shorter time so your subject doesn't doesn't travel across your sensor and leave a trail. This trail can be 2 pixels long or several lengths of sensor.

So ISO-Aperture-Shutter are tightly bound to each other. With a lot of light on a sunny day outside, one would use low ISO, high shutter speed and small aperture (high f number) that would provide him with well exposed and frozen moment with minimal noise and abundant depth of field.

Also regarding depth of field, the closer you get to the subject the thiner focal plane you'll get so you'll need small aperture and al lots of light or extremely high ISO.

bicky studs

bicky studs

thanks m8. ill have a play. just worked out how to send pics per email direct from the camera :D
they smaller. but saves some fkn around. you can load em direct to phone but cant be f'd atm

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Got some testers dried and curing

View attachment 798972 View attachment 798973

Already had a taste of one of the Royale Hazes. Nice smooth smoke, exotic fruits on the nose can't really put my finger on it but really fruity. The high is also smooth, doesn't pack a punch (yet) but comes slowly, goes to the head and later spreads all over the body. Really enjoyable, satisfying feeling. No heart pounding, no anxiety, simply feel good type of high. Loving it already!
Now that description is how all sativa/or sativa doms should roll.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom