Tobh's 2 Sq. Ft. Sog (maybe Perpetual)

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
papapayne

papapayne

13 ml?! Thats way higher then I was using, I think i still have the canna sheet on my grow room wall somewhere, if so ill look. Im wanting to say it was like 3 ml a gallon a + b, then 10ml rhizo during veg a gallon. PK 13/14 right after crowning when they are packing weight (week 3-4 usually) I liked canna, except its credulously expensive to run large scale, and I really got lazy lol. Its to much of a pain making it every time they need water with a large garden. I just have a ppm pen, but Im pretty sure I was running 750 ppm in veg, and up to 1600 ppms in flower. And that 1600 would occassionally burn a tip on light feeding plants.

I find soil/organic to be my niche. I am good at it, understand it, and have the livestock to support heavily amended soils and casting teas. But indoor, i definitely see the value of synthetics.

As far as supercropping etc...In all my years in growing I don't think I have ever flowered a cab/tent/room less then overflowing lol. Its a disease I tell ya! Gotta have every strain :) And thanks for the compliment, just takes time and a pile of composted plants, but everyone starts somewhere. My first grow was with CFLS under my iguanas cage with some bunk ass bag seed from some ditch weed a friend gave me...god its crazy to think back to that time. Was still married to my second wife, we had this shit whole ghetto apartment off fruitridge and franklin in south sacramento. Think that place got broken into at least 4 times. Never noticed the lights under the iguana cage though lol. I guess what I am saying is, this plant created a passion in me...I can't imagine not growing. And part of that is giving back to the community, and helping where/when I can. Man, that turned into a rant! anyway,

Stay free, Stay high

papa

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah that 13mL/gal is based off their online feed schedule calculator. I gave up on that. My ladies are doing much better than last run with less issues and I'm feeding less. Thinking I'll actually pull this one off in true fashion this time. Sure as hell hope so, it's kind of my ticket to get back up to the PNW. Will be a contributing factor at least.

Sell everything non-grow related, keep a bit of this harvest for head stash, sell the cab to a medical patient that's looking to produce their own, explain some basics to them and relocate. Start fresh when I get there, nice and proper. Hope to plug back in with the connection I had up there and get some clones to avoid doing a seed run initially. Bleh, too much to think about right now haha. Just gotta figure out how to get a job that will pay the bills decent enough in the Portland area. Last time I was there, took six months to get a job and still wasn't making enough to live alone.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@Camdawg just in time too! Things are about to get interesting. Their stretch is about done, definite flowers have set in. Will post updated pictures on Monday if I remember. Thanks for stopping in!

Junk

Junk

I'm looking forward to the update.

What week did they finish the stretch? Approx?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
They stretch for about 3 weeks. And it's not a slow stretch at all. Daily supercropping is a must if canopy height is limited. I'm sure some of it can be avoided if flipped sooner but I'm a stoner and shit doesn't happen the way it should most of the time lol.

papapayne

papapayne

I've noticed if the plant hasn't filled the pot with roots yet, it stretches a lot more then if it was well rooted into the pot. As in, if you transplanted into bigger pot 3 days before flipping verse 3 weeks before flipping, the one with a fresh transplant will stretch more, and do bigger nodes.

Junk

Junk

but I'm a stoner and shit doesn't happen the way it should most of the time lol.

Awesome.

One of my business courses was about playing with the cards you are dealt (in a nutshell). Or better said, "Planning to play with a crappy hand."

What are you gonna do when such and such happens?, all the probabilities, lay them out, & know how you are gonna deal with them ahead of time.

If nothing else @tobh , you know what cards you are playing with lol.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@papapayne, from last run's experience I know it's not a matter of pot size, these ladies have their cups filled with roots. It's either a combination of genetics and my less than optimal light source or totally due to the fact I'm using CFL's. The stretch is a mf'er in this one. I'll keep that in mind once I'm in a larger environment for sure though. If keeping a bunch of clones under 18" of vertical growth is a pain, I don't want to run into the same issues with six foot tall ladies lol.

@Junk this run I waited a bit too long in hopes some of the straggler clones would catch up. Wound up removing four to the outdoors because they simply weren't going to be catching up any time soon and I had enough that were beyond ready to flip. Thinking I should've just flipped before and let the stragglers sort themselves out. Even with 12 in there, it's still a bit of a mess. Worst case scenario is a bunch of buds with toasted tips which I'll be careful to combat as effectively as I can. Best case I'll have even more and better looking buds than last time.

They finally slowed down. Spent the night up in the city with a friend, shit got hectic and came back to see they just threw more pistils but didn't get all up in the lights again which is a good thing. Today may be the final supercropping then things go on autopilot for a bit. Trying to devise a way to build some kind of tray that I can bottom feed them in for the remainder of the cycle. This pulling them out multiple times a day is BS. Have to run a flush, the little dry stint they got yesterday boosted the salts in the medium up to around 2.5 EC (Another down fall of small pots, they get a little dry and EC goes through the roof.) So I'll flush em with 1.0 EC solution until they're back at around 1.6 EC. They seem to like that area, so that's where I've been keeping em for the most part. Not real hungry, these ones. Temps have been constant at about 78 degrees, dipping to around 70 at night, RH pretty stable between 45% and 55%. Getting it up to 60% is more difficult and it winds up making the ladies transpire on one another. Don't want to catch PM between leaves that are laying on top of each other, so I like the VPD to be slightly less than optimal. Anyways, I'll get some pictures up here in a bit once I get everything watered in and have em out to get some individual shots with. It's about to get exciting up in here. I appreciate you guys coming in and dropping some knowledge! Maybe some day when someone else is in these same shoes they'll gain a bit of something between my mishaps and ya'lls knowledge. As long as the thread isn't three years old and they decide to bring it back from the dead lol.

MGRox

MGRox

Will be watching your go this round. best wishes.
How much total wattage were you runnin again? I saw you started with 6, but mentioned going to 9. Just wasn't sure if that's changed

tobh

tobh

Supporter
207 total watts, 88.8 watts per sq. ft. Total lumen output at 14,400. May change to some warm spectrum bulbs as I'm still currently running daylight spectrum. Did ok last run just didn't get as much frost as I had hoped but I also didn't use any kind of bloom booster last run. This run I am using MOAB.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Ok as promised, here's some pics. Everything's moving along fine. Didn't grab any individual shots but you'll get the gist of what's going on with all 12 based on the few I grabbed. Here they are. Think today is officially day 21? Would have to check the date of exact flip in this thread to confirm.
20150831 155439 20150831 155452
20150831 155501 20150831 155512
20150831 162554 20150831 162604
20150831 162610

Here's a couple of mantis hanging out on the side of the house. There were a couple more higher up but these guys were guarding the door.
20150831 180727 20150831 180734
20150831 180738

So that's that for today! Will post more pics next week!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
So I figured I'd drop a little tek in here while I wait to post another update. Just a quick run down on how I make my Quick Wash ISO (QWISO) oil. Pretty simple process, a lot of you are probably familiar with it. Anyways, here's what's needed:

-90% ISO Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol, 71% will work just takes longer and tends to make a more green product ime)
-Coffee filters (I used bleached this time, unbleached are just fine as well)
-A jar (We all know what jars lookin like, any one will work as long as it has a lid)
-A glass plate (Not ceramic! You can scrape the coating off of ceramic, glass does not do this)
-A fan or area to purge with plenty of ventilation.
-Material (buds, stems, trim, anything with some trichomes basically)
-A clean razor blade.

So, you take your material and put it in a jar. No picture of this, pretty self explanatory. If you're using buds, break em up real nice. Running through a grinder with pollen catcher is my preferred way.

Next you're going to cover the material with your rubbing alcohol a little over the amount of material. You just want a little excess, with the material fully saturated. Place the lid on the jar and gently agitate by swirling or shaking for 10-15 seconds. Any more than that and you'll start pulling chlorophyll out with the stuff you actually want, chlorophyll makes for sticky, blackish green nastiness that is unenjoyable.

Once your wash is done, pour the material through a coffee filter and strain it into your glass receptacle. Pyrex dishes work great, plates can to for small runs. Now place in front of your fan or your evap area and allow to dry almost completely. Reason for this is really light colored, high quality product can get stuck to the surface of your plate/dish and becomes a real pita to scrape off. Heating with a water bath helps evap more quickly and makes it easier to scrape up.

So, once it's nearly dry, scrape it up and allow to purge for another hour or two to ensure all alcohol has evaporated. Here's some pictures of the process. Not complete, but to more explain what I mean.

This is nearly to the point of ready to scrape. I let it evap for 5 more minutes as it was slightly wet still. The whiteness is an indicator of this.
20150905 142633 20150905 142640
20150905 142657 20150905 142709
20150905 142720

Rubbing alcohol and filter
20150905 143745 20150905 143801

Once scraped, this is how it waited to purge completely
20150905 144714 20150905 144742 20150905 144800

Final collection and pretty pictures
20150905 145017 20150905 145114 20150905 145130

So there's a quick run down of how I make my hash oil most of the time. Will be giving acetone a shot with the trim from this harvest, seen some really promising results from that.

A

artcore

Do u use fresh trim/buds?... my process is identical, I only use cured trim/buds, about 3 hours before starting the process I put the ISO in the freezer, grind the buds and then also goes to the freezer already inside the jar for one hour, after cover the material with ISO, mix gently and goes into the freezer for 5 minutes, then just filter and evaporate the ISO... this is the first wash, for the second wash I leave the jar in the freezer for 12 hours and never had chlorophyll problems... I always get a amber color... already tested the process with fresh material and ISO turned green instead of amber.

My last batch
DSCF3461

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah I don't use fresh material at all for ISO. The chlorophyll simply pulls out of the material too easily when it's fresh, not matter how fast you are you'll wind up with some of that nasty crap in your end product. This run was actually just stems that I collected over the past year. Kind of a little game I play haha, have a little jar that I try to smash as many stems as possible into it, once full to the point the lid won't go on I do a run. This run came out a bit darker than normal, I normally wind up with some pretty tanish-white product but that's on buds and shorter pulls. I will be giving acetone a shot at the end of this run though, I've read some very promising things about it. Supposedly some absolute can be achieved with it, so I'll be giving it a go.

Toaster79

Toaster79

207 total watts, 88.8 watts per sq. ft. Total lumen output at 14,400. May change to some warm spectrum bulbs as I'm still currently running daylight spectrum. Did ok last run just didn't get as much frost as I had hoped but I also didn't use any kind of bloom booster last run. This run I am using MOAB.

Man you need to get yourself a LED setup ASAP. I'm running cca 285W with almost 40000lm output which is almost double the efficiency.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Man you need to get yourself a LED setup ASAP. I'm running cca 285W with almost 40000lm output which is almost double the efficiency.

You're telling me man! So done with these CFL's lol they're too hot, the absorb too much vertical space, they burn my ladies as my ladies want to hug the damn bulbs, the ladies stretch more than necessary, the problems go on and on and on and on. Once I get some funds rolling in, it'll happen.

Speaking of, if anyone wants a custom designed resume, get ahold of me! I'll rock that for you, make your paper you stand out!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Since I forgot to post on Monday, here's a new update. PIC HEAVY POST.

Things are moving along slowly. Definitely thinking I'll be running out to twelve weeks on this run. Have noticed a difference though, things are getting a little more frosty earlier on this time around. May be having the nutes dialed in better or the addition of MOAB. Not certain of which though. Been feeding them the MOAB every Weds. at 1 gram/US Gal in addition to 7ml A&B. EC about 1.8-1.9, pH between 5.8 and 6.1, slight flunctation. Fed twice a day mostly, sometimes three times a day, depending on how ambitious I am. Anyways, here's the pics.

20150911 152636

20150911 152644
20150911 152653

20150911 152700 20150911 152715

20150911 152723 20150911 152735

20150915 172141 20150915 172152

20150915 172204 20150915 172213

20150915 172653 20150915 172705

20150915 172719 20150915 172729

20150915 172744 20150915 173031 20150915 173037

20150915 173044 20150915 173401

That's it for now. First five are from 9/11, the rest are from earlier today. Thanks for stopping in!

One Love,
tobh

Latest posts

Top Bottom