Today is my birthday- reflections and thoughts

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey everyone! Today is my birthday- let's just say "late 40s" for now, lol. I spend a little time on each one thinking about the people I've met on my walk of life. Who's still here, who has passed, who I'm still in touch with and those I've lost the connection with.

I'm interested to hear other people's thoughts- about me having a birthday, what birthdays mean to you, well wishes (thanks!), whatever. I hope this thread lasts until my next birthday!

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

happybirthdayh yo! I do the same thing its a contemplating week for me. what have I got done what am I going to get done etc. a mini life crisis everytime and I'm early 30s hahaha. twist one up for you!

ttystikk

ttystikk

happybirthdayh yo! I do the same thing its a contemplating week for me. what have I got done what am I going to get done etc. a mini life crisis everytime and I'm early 30s hahaha. twist one up for you!

Thanks, brother! That whole introspection thing gets more intense as you get older- at least, it is for me. I find myself trying to fight off being depressed about the missed opportunities and instead focus on celebrating my successes. That's not an easy trick for me.

Burn one for me, I'll burn one for you- I might get pretty ripped by tonight!

Trillionsoatoms

Trillionsoatoms

Hey everyone! Today is my birthday- let's just say "late 40s" for now, lol. I spend a little time on each one thinking about the people I've met on my walk of life. Who's still here, who has passed, who I'm still in touch with and those I've lost the connection with.

I'm interested to hear other people's thoughts- about me having a birthday, what birthdays mean to you, well wishes (thanks!), whatever. I hope this thread lasts until my next birthday!

I hate birthdays.... My thoughts are " I'm a year closer to being dead.... Greeeaaat!"

Happy b day bro!!!

squiggly

squiggly

Birthdays (for other people) allow me a chance to tell people what they mean to me. So TODAY I want to tell you specifically that you've been an amazing friend to me and that it means so much what you've done for me the past few months by giving me an outlet when I didn't really have one.

For someone who's eyes I've never looked into and who is more than 20 years my senior, that's pretty god damned awesome. I'm wishing you the happiest of all possible birthdays today.

As for me personally, birthdays remind me of a bunch of angsty shit. I've only had good birthdays the past 3 (when I've been with my current girlfriend), so I try to focus on those--but the tens of others which were total shit make that difficult.

I'm easy to please celebration wise. My idea of a good Christmas is breakfast with my family including an ample amount of bacon, and that's it. So bad birthdays were hard to accomplish, but somehow my friends/family (and somehow girlfriends) managed it year after year. In revolt to that, for the past 5 years or so I've just been "treating myself" on my birthday--which happens to be coming up here in 2 weeks. Gotta figure out what I'm doing for myself this time, thanks for the reminder :p

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

for me , i am in my mid fifties who's birthday is also in a couple of weeks . i fell thankful to have spent another year seeing my grand children grow .

also contemplating on whats next in this mad circle we call life .

happy birthday man , wish you many , many more !

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Birthdays are a lot of fun, but too many will kill ya...
That said, have a great day, Ty!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom