Tomato Fruit ferment smelling like alcohol and bubbling, still safe for plants?

• Thread starter cobblestoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cobblestoner

cobblestoner

Question for KNF growers.

Tomato ferment is probably a month or two old. Started out clear then slowly clouded as a white substance formed on the top which didn't seem negative. Now it's this color with an alcohol smell for a few week, now these bubbles. What are the bubbles, is it still safe to use? Better even?
Tomato fruit ferment smelling like alcohol and bubbling still safe for plants
Tomato fruit ferment smelling like alcohol and bubbling still safe for plants 2

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Wait, what?? First of all, why would you feed your plants tomato sauce? Then, why would you feed them rotten, fermented, moldy tomato sauce?? Is it so good that you're debating whether it might be better rotten? That can't smell good. Plus, being part Italian I'm even more upset!

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

Wait, what?? First of all, why would you feed your plants tomato sauce? Then, why would you feed them rotten, fermented, moldy tomato sauce?? Is it so good that you're debating whether it might be better rotten? That can't smell good. Plus, being part Italian I'm even more upset!
Korean natural farming techniques, it's been going to my tomatoes n they seem to love it.
I feed my bud plant fermented moldy weeds and beets that smell like ass lol.

It's sliced tomatoes left in brown sugar for microbes to break down to nutrients that are water soluble.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I guess the alcohol doesn’t bother the roots? I would be careful with anything containing alcohol. But I don’t know jack about KNF.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Maybe you could filter it and save it for a pest spray. Sounds like it might work well for that. Kill mites and feed the plant at the same time.😅

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

Maybe you could filter it and save it for a pest spray. Sounds like it might work well for that. Kill mites and feed the plant at the same time.😅
It actually can in normal circumstances be used in ipm to deter pests lol, attracting them to the foliar spray (instead of fruits) with IPM while feeding it a bit.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Korean natural farming techniques, it's been going to my tomatoes n they seem to love it.
I feed my bud plant fermented moldy weeds and beets that smell like ass lol.

It's sliced tomatoes left in brown sugar for microbes to break down to nutrients that are water soluble.
I mean, a little wine, some crusty bread......

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Well, isn't tomato juice supposed to be good for getting rid of......skunk smell?

If there's one thing Koreans are known for, it's their marijuana growing prowess. ;)

P

PahPahCee

I’d test it at 1/3 amount. Sweet wine smell is okay.

Probably could make some vinegar out of it.

Top Bottom