Too Many Boys Hanging Around

• Thread starter Medusa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
What a problem to have:) So any suggestions on the best way to collect pollen from six different males? Do I grow them out and see the genetics or what? By the way they are different seeds also. Concerned of cross pollinating all together. Help would be appreciated :rolleyes:

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

just make sure to label everything correctly, as long as you mist everything lightly you shouldnt get too many strays. i always keep a couple flowering males around, and theyre in pretty close contact with girls(flowering also) on a regular basis. no unwanted seeds really.definitely not enough to worry about at least. jm2c

Mogrow

Mogrow

Grasp the male firmly with your hand, have black plastic under the male, now pound the male on the plastic, the pollen will fall into the plastic.
of course you have to make sure male is pollinating enough to drop said pollen...
discard used male......... as he's shoot his proverbial wad...
hope this helps
love having you around sister...
peace mogrow

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

exactly how i do it. the dark side of panda plastic works perfectly

dirk d

dirk d

What a problem to have:) So any suggestions on the best way to collect pollen from six different males? Do I grow them out and see the genetics or what? By the way they are different seeds also. Concerned of cross pollinating all together. Help would be appreciated :rolleyes:

well you should first have a case of beer..maybe 2 for all that many males. then some flashing lights to confuse them. then when they have no idea what is going on, blow some freshly puffed weed smoke and get them all high. At this point you can easily grasp all the "main" stalks and violently start beating against some glass. Now you should have enough pollen and you can then stab the males 1 by 1 right in the heart calling them by your ex-boysfriends name. hope this helps and good luck! lol

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
well you should first have a case of beer..maybe 2 for all that many males. then some flashing lights to confuse them. then when they have no idea what is going on, blow some freshly puffed weed smoke and get them all high. At this point you can easily grasp all the "main" stalks and violently start beating against some glass. Now you should have enough pollen and you can then stab the males 1 by 1 right in the heart calling them by your ex-boysfriends name. hope this helps and good luck! lol
Exactly what I had in mind!!!! U forgot the music

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Grasp the male firmly with your hand, have black plastic under the male, now pound the male on the plastic, the pollen will fall into the plastic.
of course you have to make sure male is pollinating enough to drop said pollen...
discard used male......... as he's shoot his proverbial wad...
hope this helps
love having you around sister...
peace mogrow
I am a liking that ;)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
What I was asking was deciding on what male to use or just run them all and see what happens by looking at them ?

dirk d

dirk d

Girl you have to be EXTREMELY careful handling males. rub the stems to see if you get any nice smells. you don't want to just cross any crappy male to your girls. Would you sleep with a toothless crack addict?? no you want the Strongest, Best Looking, biggest bank account, biggest member male to breed with.

If you are not careful then you will be going through your crop picking out beans and cussing everyone out lol. good luck.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Girl you have to be EXTREMELY careful handling males. rub the stems to see if you get any nice smells. you don't want to just cross any crappy male to your girls. Would you sleep with a toothless crack addict?? no you want the Strongest, Best Looking, biggest bank account, biggest member male to breed with.

If you are not careful then you will be going through your crop picking out beans and cussing everyone out lol. good luck.
Were we married in another life?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Turn all fans,vents,windows shut,too.
do it in an isolated room...
but,I would not use the whole boy,just the best lookin' limbs will be fresh and potent jizm dust.
take each one at a time,so others are not infected.
Thanks wizard just a stem good idea!:)

genepool

genepool

yea I'm with dirk d, u have to find traits worth passing to the next generation. Smell, potency and growth are a good places to start and you'd want to isolate the males so u know what to expect from the beans ur making.

As already suggested it's best to pollinate females with a paint brush with collected pollen to avoid random seeds and playing guess the daddy like on Maury Povich haha...
Logic made a DIY thread with a isolation chamber for males that looked good to me, I think he used gift wraping containers that are for sale at target, but don't quote me. Best of luck

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
yea I'm with dirk d, u have to find traits worth passing to the next generation. Smell, potency and growth are a good places to start and you'd want to isolate the males so u know what to expect from the beans ur making.

As already suggested it's best to pollinate females with a paint brush with collected pollen to avoid random seeds and playing guess the daddy like on Maury Povich haha...
Logic made a DIY thread with a isolation chamber for males that looked good to me, I think he used gift wraping containers that are for sale at target, but don't quote me. Best of luck
Good idea Thanks genepool hope it's still posted and not lost much appreciated:)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
What are the six males?
The Kraken got 3 no females so these are it, Kalimist ,Lambo, Alien grapevine, soon I am sure there will be Rock candy, Bananna Split, Lemon aliendog, and Lizard king got alot of seeds going and keep recloning a few been saving so it's time. Thanks:) The krakens were my fault my finger was moist when I closed the lid to the seed pak few days later opened they had all spazed out and germed.:(

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Check a few thing when deciding on a nice male. Smell, structure, yield, and resin production. Check all of these things.....but to tell you the truth if you find a male that is producing very visible resin....use that mofo

I can tell you the kali msit and lambo will probably not be your guys.....any of the others could be stellar

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Reading more into it i would ditch the kali and lambo....pick the best looking/smelling/yielding kraken and hold onto the Alien Grapevine. Now youre down to two males and you can grab another one or two out of those others. I usually only keep one male to use unless im looking to F2 everything

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Reading more into it i would ditch the kali and lambo....pick the best looking/smelling/yielding kraken and hold onto the Alien Grapevine. Now youre down to two males and you can grab another one or two out of those others. I usually only keep one male to use unless im looking to F2 everything
Thanks Cannarado sounds good one at a time

sox

sox

dont quote me but i thought the lambo was what Ringo used for his Sour T cross.
Maybe a few more...

Top Bottom