Too Many Carbon Scrubbers?

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moses249

Is it possible to have to many scrubbers in a room and as such render them less effective or useless? I have a 42 X 35 room and Smell control is a MAKE or BREAK issue with this grow. I am running ten of the biggest scrubbers i could get each with 12 inch fans. I've done the math and with those ten running the entire room in Cubic Feet is being scrubbed once per minute. However it still reeks in there what gives? Humidity in the room is between 60-40 %.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Is it possible to have to many scrubbers in a room and as such render them less effective or useless? I have a 42 X 35 room and Smell control is a MAKE or BREAK issue with this grow. I am running ten of the biggest scrubbers i could get each with 12 inch fans. I've done the math and with those ten running the entire room in Cubic Feet is being scrubbed once per minute. However it still reeks in there what gives? Humidity in the room is between 60-40 %.
Scrubbers only filter out solid particles, oxygen and co2 are the same when the air leaves as when it enters.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
What does your setup look like i.e. how is it routed. It sounds like you have a positive pressure issue.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

The plants will constantly evaporate off their most volatile aeromatic compounds. Bring the temp in the room down to 70-72. Scrub any air leaving the room as well and the rooms adjoined to it.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Because your plants constantly perspire which stinks plus the smell of the foliage and any nugs so it's always gonna smell in there to a certain extent but it's unlikely to smell outside the grow room and the stuff you extract via the filters shouldn't smell either.i gaurantee if in a room that size(I'm assuming it's practically full o plants.u didn't say) you were to turn all those fans off the smell in the grow room would be so much worse and if u disconnected the filters and vented the air near were people are (I'm assuming u do coz o the need for 12 huge filters) they'd sniff u out in a heart beat.
The amount of scrubbing power your talking about should b more than enough.
Just outta curiosity do the 12 fans get vented outside the grow or just blew back into the same room?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

And there's no rule saying you can't use air freshener so.if your really worried get a few plug in air freshener to plug into the areas outside the grow room your most concerned about.for example just inside the front door of the property so it's only air freshener smell getting wafted out if anything

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Be sure your pulling air through them and not pushing air through them. Also don't buy some bull shit brand get a canalite(best) or phish (good). Maintain a neg pressure in the room. The door should suck shut. You need to vent the scrubbed air out to. Reciculating isn't a good way imo to reduce odor. Imagine making a shit. Every time you take a shit you remove the turf. The water is clean right ? Do that a 30 times an hour. Hope this helps

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I just imagine 10 scrubbers hooked directly to filters running inside the room venting into the room lol...

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

I just imagine 10 scrubbers hooked directly to filters running inside the room venting into the room lol...

10 canalite filters and 10 12in fans. Leaves room for about 3 plants lol. Please take a picture of this cuz now my mind is going crazy. I've seen some huge grows well max grows and I think the most I've see fans and filters in one set up was 4 maybe 5. Fans pulling more power than the lights. I'm simply amazed honestly

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
10 canalite filters and 10 12in fans. Leaves room for about 3 plants lol. Please take a picture of this cuz now my mind is going crazy. I've seen some huge grows well max grows and I think the most I've see fans and filters in one set up was 4 maybe 5. Fans pulling more power than the lights. I'm simply amazed honestly
Haha all of them lining the edge of the room blowing the exhaust towards the plant in the middle...

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Has the entire ceiling covered with xxl 1000w hoods. Walking in the room probably like steping on the surface of the sun in a cat 5 hurricane. A single agent organe plant sit in the middle of the room. Only being held up by the sheer magnitude of the multi directional force created by the fans.

Last edited:
SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Sorry to put you on blast bud. Your definantly right to ask for help. Its like a horder walking into his house one day realizing he can't walk in any more. I'm done I promise.

S

SinisterOG

What type of filters and fans? You have a room that isn't sealed properly or you have the scrubbers setup incorrectly. I run several can 150s and 12" max fans recirculating in my rooms with barely any discernable odor in sealed rooms. Any common area outside your rooms can also use a scrubber and ozone generator. There are other things i can suggest depending on your cooling aetup.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

10 fans, 50 fans, 100 fans, fuck it man
Let's just not even discuss it, man, O-M-G.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
What, did I piss strangers online off too?
Do you know me and I dont know you?

Top Bottom