Too many NEW bud sites??????

• Thread starter Tommysus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tommysus

I’ve been vigilant bending and pinching, now 1 + weeks into flowering I have ( 2 Purple Haze plants) maybe 20-30 nice looking bud sites. I also see below these beauties a ton of tiny growth that looks like more sites. I’m unclear as to whether to pinch them back or let them go. To further confuse the issue, my grow tent will only facilitate another 4”-5” height before they get too close to the 1000 watt HPS bulb. Don’t want to panic or F-up my progress but I feel like I am at a point where some important decisions need to be made.........HELP!!!!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The additional bud sites will pop up all over the plant, so that is pretty normal. If they are done stretching (after transition from veg to flowering), they shouldn't grow too much taller, al..though 4-5 inches is going to cut it pretty close. Sativa strains tend to continue growing while Indica strains stay shorter as they flower. I have had some plants grow taller than my light source and actually grow upside down to catch the light, but I use a vertical bulb that provides light above the reflector. A hood reflector won't do that as it focuses most of it's light downward. Hope this helps somewhat, but you might need to try to lay the taller branches as horizontal as possible to avoid the issue altogether.

T

Tommysus

pics or it didnt happen ;)
I’ve been vigilant bending and pinching, now 1 + weeks into flowering I have ( 2 Purple Haze plants) maybe 20-30 nice looking bud sites. I also see below these beauties a ton of tiny growth that looks like more sites. I’m unclear as to whether to pinch them back or let them go. To further confuse the issue, my grow tent will only facilitate another 4”-5” height before they get too close to the 1000 watt HPS bulb. Don’t want to panic or F-up my progress but I feel like I am at a point where some important decisions need to be made.........HELP!!!!
The additional bud sites will pop up all over the plant, so that is pretty normal. If they are done stretching (after transition from veg to flowering), they shouldn't grow too much taller, al..though 4-5 inches is going to cut it pretty close. Sativa strains tend to continue growing while Indica strains stay shorter as they flower. I have had some plants grow taller than my light source and actually grow upside down to catch the light, but I use a vertical bulb that provides light above the reflector. A hood reflector won't do that as it focuses most of it's light downward. Hope this helps somewhat, but you might need to try to lay the taller branches as horizontal as possible to avoid the issue altogether.
Thank you! Nice to have positive reinforcement ! Yes, first time I actually followed the instructions (Jorge Cervantes) and the ‘bending ‘ is a huge improvement.
So, just let the small sites alone? Don’t want to upset my girls too much!

Latest posts

Top Bottom