Too much light

• Thread starter farmseeker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

farmseeker

Hello Farmers!

Gotta question... Been searching the net about putting too much light on the ladies too soon.... I was running 6k, temp 82 running Co2.... They started to look light yellow, Bleached out.... I searched the net and read if you hit them too hard too fast they can't process properly.... If this happend to anyone else I was wondering how long it took to recover or is the damage permanent.... I switched the ballasts to 50% that is 3k in a 10 by 9 room...... Thanks in advance.. Farmseeker

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

With that room you are only running about 67 watts per square foot. Which is just about right. I shoot for 50-75 watts per square foot when I setup a room.

Depending on what they are vegged under, that many watts can cause light bleaching. If I am bringing them from T5's, I would bring the lights up gradually. Start at 3 and two day's later flip another and so on.

Are you positive the yellowing is from the lights? Wondering about your nute PPM's/PH enviroment in check?

With Co2, if the plants in way are having issues, Co2 will speed up the problem or make the problem even worse. Not saying this is the problem but it can be. When using Co2 the enviroment, plants, everything needs to be perfect.

Any chance you can take some pics?

F

farmseeker

Hey Smokey!

Thanks for the response... I have to say it very well may NOT be the lights.. After I read your post I went and bought a pocket nutrient meter... I have been using a BLULAB Guardian.. it is brand new.... When I checked with the pocket pen It showed I was off by 400 PPM..... I was starving the ladies! I have had nothing but problems with this meter.. I checked the PH.. it is at 5.6 I brought the PPMs up and we will see what happens.... It is a sealed room... I have Co2 set at 1100.... Should I reduce it for a while for the ladies to recover? Thaks so much for your help... Farmseeker....

MrSmilehappy

MrSmilehappy

yea its just your ph and ppm from what it sounds like. cal and mg are definitely locked out at that level. What nutrient line are you using?

Latest posts

Top Bottom