Too Much Nitrogen?

• Thread starter 420budz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420budz

420budz

Ok sounds like you could use a few simple methods for your grow.bro. What brand of nutrients man?
How many plants are you growing right now?
@Smerb natures nector is what I use for nitrogen and botanicare is what I'm using for cal mag. Right now I have 4 in veg and 1 in flower. The one in flower automatically went in to flower so I separated it from the others. I was going to use the 3 part micro, veg and bloom for my next grow. I'm kind of learning as I grow. Buying what I need as I go. It's a bit to think about. Haha

Smerb

Smerb

@Smerb natures nector is what I use for nitrogen and botanicare is what I'm using for cal mag. Right now I have 4 in veg and 1 in flower. The one in flower automatically went in to flower so I separated it from the others. I was going to use the 3 part micro, veg and bloom for my next grow. I'm kind of learning as I grow. Buying what I need as I go. It's a bit to think about. Haha
A bit to think about and a bunch to spend about$$$$ ok so your using a limited nutrient, meaning one part instead of 7 bottles of nutrients. The 3 part is a great way to go! It's easy.

420budz

420budz

A bit to think about and a bunch to spend about$$$$ ok so your using a limited nutrient, meaning one part instead of 7 bottles of nutrients. The 3 part is a great way to go! It's easy.
@Smerb the 3 part is what I'm going to go to on my next set of plants. Seems like the way to go.

Leew421

Leew421

I recommend blue planet nutrients myself. High quality stuff at a super good rate. Amazon has sample kits you can scoop that are 1 quart bottles. You need to be running at least a gallon of water everytime. Flood the plants so you remove buildup. I would recommend also moving away from cal-mag at some point and use Epsom salt and get biomin calcium. You don't always need both and you may need more of the other

420budz

420budz

I recommend blue planet nutrients myself. High quality stuff at a super good rate. Amazon has sample kits you can scoop that are 1 quart bottles. You need to be running at least a gallon of water everytime. Flood the plants so you remove buildup. I would recommend also moving away from cal-mag at some point and use Epsom salt and get biomin calcium. You don't always need both and you may need more of the other
@Leew421 so basically water a gallon at a time? Do I uses the blue planet nutes mixed in that gallon every time I water or every other time? I suppose they have instructions. Also, so depending on how your plant is acting you give calcium or Epsom Salt?

whitebob

whitebob

@Leew421 nice man. I will do that. Thanks bro.
im a hydro guy so not up on soil.. in coco its feed everyday till runoff without fail or everything goes out of whack... i would say pick a nutrient line stay with it for one grow see what results you get.. if they are good stay with it a try to fine tune.. if not re think and maybe try a different brand..it all depends on preference and also different lines will work better in different places due to water quality and such..

Smerb

Smerb

@Smerb ah I see. I'll look into it. You weren't kidding on the spending of a lot of money. Haha.
You can buy a bottle here an there to save. If you have an extra 20$-40 you can grab a additive nutrient once in awhile to stockpile. You run out of nutes and your feed calls for nutes you need something.

420budz

420budz

im a hydro guy so not up on soil.. in coco its feed everyday till runoff without fail or everything goes out of whack... i would say pick a nutrient line stay with it for one grow see what results you get.. if they are good stay with it a try to fine tune.. if not re think and maybe try a different brand..it all depends on preference and also different lines will work better in different places due to water quality and such..
@whitebob That's kind of where I'm at with this being my first grow ever. Pretty much bring whatever I'm told to. Haha. Once I figure out what works well with my conditions I'll stick to that.

420budz

420budz

You can buy a bottle here an there to save. If you have an extra 20$-40 you can grab a additive nutrient once in awhile to stockpile. You run out of nutes and your feed calls for nutes you need something.
@Smerb the extra money isn't bad it's more me trying to figure out what nutes to get without spending on the wrong ones. That blue planet is looking the way to go for me. Seems like good stuff and easy to use. What additive nutes?

whitebob

whitebob

@whitebob That's kind of where I'm at with this being my first grow ever. Pretty much bring whatever I'm told to. Haha. Once I figure out what works well with my conditions I'll stick to that.
im uk too bud I'm assuming your other side of the pond... so most stuff i get will be slightly different to what you can get your hands on.! happy farming bud.... may you be graced with sticky fingers:smoking::p

Leew421

Leew421

Get all of what they have for use. You don't need anything else except for calcium and Epsom salt.

Smerb

Smerb

@Smerb the extra money isn't bad it's more me trying to figure out what nutes to get without spending on the wrong ones. That blue planet is looking the way to go for me. Seems like good stuff and easy to use. What additive nutes?
I use a few different additives.
IMG 7763

As you can see with this line. The bloom boost and micro are not additives. They are the 3-part. you have a lot of companies with the extra additives that can help.
Do what you want and use products that are suited for your needs.

420budz

420budz

I use a few different additives.
View attachment 739941
As you can see with this line. The bloom boost and micro are not additives. They are the 3-part. you have a lot of companies with the extra additives that can help.
Do what you want and use products that are suited for your needs.
@Smerb Nice. I will try that. Thanks man.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

So I have a bit of clawing. Mostly on the darker, larger, older leaves. I read it can be too much heat or nitrogen. What is the cure for this other than just cut back on N. Other than N they're in ocean fox farm. Been in that soil for a while now. Just started clawing a couple days ago. Only thing that has changed is they're now in a grow tent. T5 is about 2ft away.
You got the beginning stages to nitrogen toxicity. Not over watered because over water would cause the whole leaf to droop. Lighten up on the veg nutes for a couple weeks, let the plant eat some of what in the pot up. If it gets worse start flushing immediately!

Top Bottom