Too much super thrive????

• Thread starter GrowGoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGoat

GrowGoat

Hey guys new to the forums. Totally noob grower. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Here's my set up
1 plant
Pro mix soil
Using emerald harvest
Transferring from a 1gallon to a 10 gallon pot
Vegging under a t5
I'm not that familiar with growing so much so the guy at the grow store told me to use super thrive when I transfer. I didn't know the exact measurements to use. So I fed my plant two gallons with 14ml of superthrive mixed in. I am scared that my babies will hermaphrodite or grow nanners. Everything I read on the internet is scaring me so I wanted to get some advice.

Thank you in advance!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Holy shit that’s a lot of ST. You just need a couple drops per gallon of water. 14ml is about 280 drops. I’d give it a good flushing. Maybe run a few gallons of tap water through it and run some 1/4 strength nutes in the last gallon. Definately don’t use something if you don’t know the proportion you need.

If you’ve just repotted it id remove the new soil and repot it again after the flush. Best to get that stuff out of there sooner than later.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Oh shit
Go back to the store and tell super thrive dealer to chill out with the bad advice
Its like giving your plant crack , and a lot of it.....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Super thrive is good , just an eyedrop in a gallon when really necessary , not when transplanting , and going into a 10 gallon pot under t5 is not a great idea either
Give me a min to think about this....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey grow , she dont look bad at all.....
I bet that superthrive is going to run right out of her ,
Try a flush or if you have the nerves , let the medium dry out a bit and transplant out of the tainted pot
But i think you should be good , shes not in flower now , thats when there is a fear of hermi ....
Yea you can anything , you Can dust off roots and go back into fresh
I might do that
See what other members suggest
Dont panic , it will live

When did you do this overdose ?

GrowGoat

GrowGoat

Thank you so much for the help it is seriously so appreciated!!!

dire wolf

dire wolf

I got a good feeling , also ive used plenty of superthrive in my day ,
Dont screw it up by pulling the plant out of the wet pot , the heavy weight of the water will damage the roots...

Last edited:
GrowGoat

GrowGoat

Hey grow , she dont look bad at all.....
I bet that superthrive is going to run right out of her ,
Try a flush or if you have the nerves , let the medium dry out a bit and transplant out of the tainted pot
But i think you should be good , shes not in flower now , thats when there is a fear of hermi ....
Yea you can anything , you Can dust off roots and go back into fresh
I might do that
See what other members suggest
Dont panic , it will live

When did you do this overdose ?

I just transferred today. So I'm kinda nervous it will react poorly the next few. Days. I'm going to flush with 5 gallons. Thanks for all your help. This forum is so helpful

dire wolf

dire wolf

Ok but be prepared to see the plant go into a little shock if you flush heavy , it will recover though , my dad poured ammonia into my soil one day and the plant lived , they are really tough....

Can you take a few clones ? If the plant is important to you...
Is it feminized ? Or reg seed
What strain
Whats it potted in ?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Hey guys new to the forums. Totally noob grower. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Here's my set up
1 plant
Pro mix soil
Using emerald harvest
Transferring from a 1gallon to a 10 gallon pot
Vegging under a t5
I'm not that familiar with growing so much so the guy at the grow store told me to use super thrive when I transfer. I didn't know the exact measurements to use. So I fed my plant two gallons with 14ml of superthrive mixed in. I am scared that my babies will hermaphrodite or grow nanners. Everything I read on the internet is scaring me so I wanted to get some advice.

Thank you in advance!
1 1/2 ml per 2 gal of water. Flush well, let dry. Go easy on all additives.😉

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
After flushing I like to aerate the soil by poking a metal tent stake into the soil and wiggling it to loosen up the roots and allow oxygen to penetrate. It also helps to dry out the soil quicker.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Transplanting is really not that difficult. I used to fret and do all kinds of un-necessary things, like adding ST myself.

I use #1 nursery pots with air holes drilled to prevent root circling. The trick is to let the plant fill the pots with roots making a firm root ball. Then let the #1 pot dry out a bit and squeeze the sides before transplanting, and turning it over. Then into the new home with Mycos and water..Never ever had a problem.

Your plant is looking..NICE!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom