Top Feed Drain to waste Coco Help

• Thread starter Lilmink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilmink

Lilmink

Hello!

I am setting up a 4x4 flood table. I have 9 seedlings in a mix of coco/perlite , am going to do top feed drain to waste. Looking for the best way to feed each pot whether it's drippers , sprayers , halos whatever is best. What kind of res should I use? Will I need a sump pump or what pump would be best for this type of setup? Is an areomixer necessary? How often should I be feeding per day and when? Did I miss anything?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Small DC diaphragm pump (often DC is cheaper and an appropriate sized AC to DEc converter)

res size depends on pot size and time you have to dedicate to mixing new batches ( the longer you go between mixing the more potential issues.

I prefer sprayers with a pump that exceeds the total requirements of volume and pressure of the total number of sprayers. 2 per plant provides redundancy needed in case one clogs.

There is no one best option, budget will be a big determinMing factor in your best options so if you can provide me that I can works with you on a plan and parts list.

I really should stay out of these as I’m in the works of starting a company doing this but hell It’s hard to watch someone have to struggle so let’s do this.

Madmax

Madmax

Unless you have a good bit of experience up id keep in the shallow end for abit, if you have jump straight in the deep end 😃.i think its more for veterans who are right on the ball.

Lilmink

Lilmink

Unless you have a good bit of experience up id keep in the shallow end for abit, if you have jump straight in the deep end 😃.i think its more for veterans who are right on the ball.
Id like to jump right in tbh. New to top feed but have a ton of experience with soil and DWC grows.

Madmax

Madmax

Dirtbag and tobh are the guys to ask on this subject.sorry i cant do linkys..

Type in cropsteering in the search bar then enter.a few posts will come up about it.

Cheers max

Lilmink

Lilmink

Dirtbag and tobh are the guys to ask on this subject.sorry i cant do linkys..

Type in cropsteering in the search bar then enter.a few posts will come up about it.

Cheers max
You the man . Thanks !

Lilmink

Lilmink

Thanks for everything. This thread was huge help. Harvesting in a few days. How long i should flush? Using RO'd water ppm is 5.

20220711 111400
20220711 111349
20220711 111306
20220711 111302
20220711 111255
20220711 111251
20220711 111219
20220711 111202
20220711 111200
20220711 111156
20220711 111152
tobh

tobh

Supporter
see my signature for a thread that discusses crop steering if you're dead set on giving it a shot. i didn't do full on steering, but this next round I'm gonna do my best to get into working on the environmental side along with the dryback cycles + EC.

Lilmink

Lilmink

see my signature for a thread that discusses crop steering if you're dead set on giving it a shot. i didn't do full on steering, but this next round I'm gonna do my best to get into working on the environmental side along with the dryback cycles + EC.
With these results on my first run I don't think it is necessary.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
With these results on my first run I don't think it is necessary.
i agree. really, steering is predominantly done in wool anyways. some guys do it in coco but wool is really the media where one can reap the most rewards from it.

tbh, i found my approach was slightly more economical than just having scheduled cycles n times a day of the same duration as I ended up using less solution overall, and as such, less nutrients over the whole run. since i was working with new to me genetics, i can't definitively say the yield was more than it would've been without steering, but it was the best yield i've pulled out of the tent to date. i applied a handful of other techniques as well so there's really no way to say if the steering was the reason, or if it was the genetics, or the other techniques.

to truly do it right, you need monitors and controllers and all kinds of additional equipment to automate everything to the point you're able to do seconds long injections of solution vs my primitive method of working with one minute cycles and less injections.

it sure is fun, though, and i've seen some pretty impressive results from growers on other platforms that did see a notable increase in yield and quality of flower from crop steering. it's an advanced technique, though, and really belongs in the realm of CO2 injection as well.

what i mean by that is it shouldn't be introduced until you have all your other parameters dialed and you're positive you're getting the absolute best out of your method, equipment, and environment. otherwise you won't really have a baseline to measure against or notice any differences. plus, if you fuck up with steering, it can cost you an entire crop overnight.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks for everything. This thread was huge help. Harvesting in a few days. How long i should flush? Using RO'd water ppm is 5.
Imo you more than a few days till harvest I still see a lot of white pistols poppin - start cuttin back on nutes , I don’t flush but I do finish around 300/400ppm at harvest

Top Bottom