Top Leaves Dark Green and Curling Down

• Thread starter whgreider3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whgreider3

whgreider3

@Jimster cool and thanks for sharing your mix. Is your tap waters pH right in the 6-7 sweet spot? Like I said, mine is coming out pretty high unfortunately. With 30 years of growing experience I'm sure you've had some pretty incredible buds!

@Beachwalker I'm here to learn and definitely not in denial hence why I posted in the first place. I will say flushing the plants has improved them as I'm looking at the this morning. But with that so with that said, I believe you and @mancorn as you both picked out mites as a problem right away. You didn't mention a remedy so I was going to buy this Natural Guard Spinosad Soap or Neem Oil and use it in combination with Diatomaceous Earth on top of the soil. and then clean the grown tent with a bleach/water combo. How much time would you estimate I have to save them? Hoping I can have this all arrive in time.

Fucking bugs. smh.🤬 I feel like that guy from 1999's The Mummy, "Bugs? I hate bugs!"

IMG 1166
IMG 1167
IMG 1168
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
@Jimster cool and thanks for sharing your mix. Is your tap waters pH right in the 6-7 sweet spot? Like I said, mine is coming out pretty high unfortunately. With 30 years of growing experience I'm sure you've had some pretty incredible buds!

@Beachwalker I'm here to learn and definitely not in denial hence why I posted in the first place. I will say flushing the plants has improved them as I'm looking at the this morning. But with that so with that said, I believe you and @mancorn as you both picked out mites as a problem right away. You didn't mention a remedy so I was going to buy this Natural Guard Spinosad Soap or Neem Oil and use it in combination with Diatomaceous Earth on top of the soil. and then clean the grown tent with a bleach/water combo. How much time would you estimate I have to save them? Hoping I can have this all arrive in time.

Fucking bugs. smh.🤬 I feel like that guy from 1999's The Mummy, "Bugs? I hate bugs!"
My water is around 7.2 out of the tap and it seems to work great. There are enough minerals in the water so Cal-Mag isn't needed, although in a soil grow, it usually shouldn't be needed anyhow. If flushing the plants is improving things, then bugs probably aren't your problem, but that isn't saying you have both problems. I have found Spinosad good for most mites... better than pyrethrins from my experience. Hopefully you are on you way back. Go easy on the nutes... it might be beneficial to get a PPM/EC meter to give you a better idea of what is happening in the root zone. Anyhow, keep up the good work and have patience... it might take a week or so for chnges to show up unless you make a bad mistak, like over fertilizing them... those result show up pretty quick!

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Is Canna Coco your preferred and recommended coco medium?

Yes. I've learned to go on the light side with their nutrients and the CalMag. My well water is 5.4 ph and ~250ppm so I have to raise it to 6.1-6.3 ph after adding nutrients. I use their rhizotonic or a worm casting tea for root health. I'm not sure how much use the cannzym is as I still end up with dense rootballs at the end. I recycle the used coco into the garden. The Boost works, but is pricey.

Be careful with CalMag as it can cause some severe lockups in the other nutrients. Coco flushes pretty well and can turn around quickly. Only the lightest of soil mixtures ( mostly perlite ) can get close.

whgreider3

whgreider3

Hi All, I hope you and your families are all healthy and safe. Quick update for anyone whose following –– my plants seem to have recovered for the most part. I was pretty careful with the water flushing and the plants that seemed to be affected by the nitrogen toxicity are looking a bit better. It seems once they've recovered they are going on a growth streak as I have had two plants shoot up 4 inches in just a few days. Both which previously looked sickly.

Since my last post I've also sprayed the plants and room with Neem oil and just today spread some Diatomaceous Earth (DE) which is the white powder you see all around the tent and at their stalk bases. Hoping that alleviates most of the pests but only time will tell. I'm going to spray them with Neem Oil or Spinosad Soap which I also delivered again in 5 days as I've read it's good to do it on a regiment at first until all signs of mites and pests are gone.

Also is it good or bad luck to have a plant with leaf that has 6 fingers? 😉

IMG 1188
IMG 1189
IMG 1190
IMG 1191
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Oh wow, 100% nitrogen toxicity is not what I expected @bubblefunk!
I believe, the person who gave me the clones gave them to me in an organic medium that he created himself. Since then, I've moved them into a new organic mix of Kind Soil (with 7 cups per gallon - per the directions) and Roots Organics medium. The Roots Organics was chosen based on it being recommended by Kind Soil. I was trying to use a medium that needed very little extra input other than water. It's interesting though because the only plant that has not yet been transplanted into that soil mixture does not seem to have any curled leaves at all. (Can't believe I didn't realize that initially!)

What would your recommendation be to fix that issue? Just water it real good to wash it out?

Thanks so much for reading.
Just leech it. Pour double the water through it as the size of your vessel. If its in 2 gallon pots, then dump 4 gallons through it. Your runoff should be clear and if you have a TDS meter, check your runoff. The problem with fortified soils is that usually the included nutrients are slow breakdown nutes, meant to feed for up to 3 monrhs. Honestly, the best fix for you would be to get some promix and transplant them into that. Plain water for 2 weeks. Doing that will fix your problem. This is one of the many reasons i switched to hydro..... changes can be made on-the-fly. So remove the plant fro. The pot its in, dunk ot upside down in a bucket full of DILUTED H2O2 solution, the insecticide strength, 3%. Loterally dunk the plant upside down in the bucket and swish it around. Give it a good washing. Once you pull it out of the bucket of H2O2, stick it ìn your pot of promix and water with plain water at the correct pH and add 75mls of H2O2 per gallon of water and feed them that for the first feeding and if things seem to improve then start adding nutes back at 50% strength.
Note: when you use the peroxide, some foaming may occur. This is a good thing, it means that the H2O2 is destroying the mite eggs. If its foaming, its being oxidized. This stuff is safe for the plants as long as its not stronger than i told you. I add it to my 55 gallon reservoir and the plants love it. It also add an extra oxygen molecule and the plants LOVE getting that extra oxygen. If you try my advice, let me know how it goes. Good luck brother

Last edited:
Top Bottom