Here's my top 10 list

10# Friday
9# Half Baked
8# Nice Dreams
7# Menace 2 Society
6# Blow
5# Carandiru
4# City of God
3# Pusher (all three of em! Danish film at Best!! Woth checking out)
2# Fear and Lothing Las Vegas
1# Blood Sucking Freaks

B

British_Hempire

Menace 2 Society, Blow, City of God, love all of them, I will go see if I can download pusher.

M

Mr B

IMO Pusher 3 is the best of the pusher films! But you have to see all 3 to understan all the background of the story in Pusher 3!

B

British_Hempire

I remember watching a Danish film late one night on Film Four that I thought was awesome, so gritty and realistic, nasty, dirty, violent, dark, I loved it a lot and can still remember it well. I just googled Pusher and whaddya know, that's the film I watched, had no idea there were two more! I'm gonna download all 3 right away!

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

Wow....some great flicks Mr.B

Blow is great, I cant beleive I didnt list that one myself... I havent seen Friday or Half Baked in forever...Nice Dreams in even longer..

Im really loving this thread...Its giving me a whole lot of ideas for movies I need to get watchin...

:cool:

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
the big lebowski
fargo
cidade de deus
l'appartement
c'est arrivé Pres de chez vous
No country for an old man
Citizen Kane
Naked Lunch
The Godfather
Lost highway

P

Pender

Premium Member
Supporter
Cool thread, ten off the top of my head:

Lock,Stock and two Smoking Barrels
Pulp Fiction
Schindler's List
Super Troopers
Devil's Rejects
March of the Penguins
Donnie Brasco
American Gangster
The Doors
Reservoir Dogs
Any zombie movie

Oops thats 11.

chuckz

chuckz

saving grace is about an orchard grower whos husband dies and leaves her penniless and so she converts her green house 2 grow kind....funny as hell
s

Hi, did a search for Saving Grace on IMDB, and can't find the one you are talking about.

Do you have any more infor, like actors, or director or something?

Cheers,
Ch.

chuckz

chuckz

I...I thought was awesome, so gritty and realistic, nasty, dirty, violent, dark, I loved it a lot and can still remember it well. !

If you like those kind of movies...

Possibly the most memorable movie i ever watched, and one that i rarely recommend, despite being at the top of my list... Do NOT watch it is your are easily offended, or of nervous disposition. The movie is designed to piss you off.

The first ten minutes use camera techniques KNOWN to annoy. This is required to get you in the appropriate mood to watch the rest of the film. Persevere and you will be rewarded with an intense movie experience.

The movie...

IRREVERSIBLE

H

Hazeseeker

Really tough choice to pick top 10 but just about managed it i think:

Enter The Dragon
Clockwork Orange
Gangster No.1
Sin City
Meals On Wheels (Older Jackie Chan Film)
Human Traffic
South West 9
The Buisness
Shaun Of The Dead

Edit to add: Football Factory
Scarface
Peace
Hazeseeker

M

Mr B

Thanks ConceptOfSleep

I remember watching a Danish film late one night on Film Four that I thought was awesome, so gritty and realistic, nasty, dirty, violent, dark, I loved it a lot and can still remember it well. I just googled Pusher and whaddya know, that's the film I watched, had no idea there were two more! I'm gonna download all 3 right away!

Yeah!! There some more danish films in the same category; Bleeder. Also fucked up!! Hehehe!

This is for those of you who have the stumach to wacth dirty horror:
Two short films:

1# Cutting Moments (Absolut THE fucked up film ever!! IMO that is. Heard that people that have seen it says that the director/producer of the film should never get money to do films, if he gets a higher budged, they will not know the out come. hehehe)

2# The spanish short film: After Math

Let me know the responses after you've seen them!
Some of my friends claim to have seen these two films, but my friend (who have the two films) says all of em turned theyr heads the other way as it was rolling!
The time I saw these two I was fucked on Shrooms. Among my friends I was the last one to see them, but first one to actualy watch the whole damn shit!!!
:laugh:

S

sempervirdis

U-Turn
The Duellists
Pulp Fiction
The Usual Suspects
Blade Runner
Don`t come Knocking
Kunf-Fu Hustle
City of God
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Brazil

D

doubleds

top 10

Heat
Star Wars
On golden pond
Friday night lights (awesome)
Event Horizon
Scarface
Bourne Identity (all movies)
The hunt for red october
Crimson Tide
Bismarck (sp ?)

B

British_Hempire

Meet my little friend! lol I love Scarface

Glad to see someone else loves Meals on Wheels, although my personal favourite is Armour of God

Wow, someone liked Event Horizon!

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
damn... forgot about Pi and Reqiem For A Dream, gotta love Darren Aronofsky, very nice visuals.

B

British_Hempire

Event Horizon came across like they blew all the budget on the beautiful sets and special effects and forgot about character development and a proper plot. Maybe i should watch it again and give it a second chance.

A friend of mine has obtained a big swanky video projector so we're gonna hook it up to my laserdisc player, paint the side wall of his garage white and project 2001 on it cos I have the laserdisc of the 70mm print. Might be some shrooms involved to complete the experience! lol

PS.Back in 1995 I saw 2001 in it;s original 70mm format at the only remaining 70mm cinema in the UK I had chomped some blotter and that film blew my mind, it's just not the same on a small screen!

D

drpressure600

best films on weed

anybody ever watch 'the hannibal trilogy', 'heat' or 'layer cake' on white widow, they are the kings to watch it on . . 'scarface' & 'gangster no 1' as well . .

H

Hazeseeker

Superb Film

Glad to see someone else loves Meals on Wheels

ya man:cool:, i wanna watch it again sometime soon as i've not seen it in years, remember how they used to leave their house each day going to work? - doing a flip out the window, bouncing off the awning (sp?) above the shop landing on the ground - sheer quality!:), some of the stunts he used to do (and still does) are awesome, dangerous but awesome

Peace
Hazeseeker

Latest posts

Top Bottom