Topping and lollipopping question.

• Thread starter joonie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joonie

joonie

I have some ladies that have been flowering since 7/5. They are about 4 feet tall now. I want to top them at 18 inches and lollipop them but I have never topped them this tall to that short of a length.

Am i worrying over nothing?

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Shoulda done it before you flipped. Best to bend them over 90* and tie them, now. If you can't make the whole bend at once, do half, wait a week and do the rest of the way.

devious d

devious d

sgt right, but they are very resilient and can put up with alot, i gently bend between thumb and top two fingers end with the lead buds pointing downwards? its much to late to actually top them thats nearly three weeks in flower the stretch will be over just train them like sgt said or gently bend

R

Radio_Dread

yeah i would have to agree with the 2 post before mine. you should top before you put your plants into flower. at nearly 3 weeks you should have some buds forming so you dont want to chop them off ya know

420king-MASSES

well since your in flower its not advisable to top do that a couple weeks before you flip to 12/12 and lollipopping is awsome but if you got 4 footers now i wouldnt they will jump on you big time imo if i was you i would try to lower the canopy profile by tying back and bending with-out snapping or making elbows your gonna want to pull back your branches as well as main stem ty them to your buckets and pull them tight like it was a bow and arrow type deal that will open up the center and help with light penatraion with out sending the plant signals to do what you dont want them to do STRETCH

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
When the lollipoppers lollipop (LOL) they cut during veg and they trim side branches at the flip and at day 20 or something or other of 12/12. You would have to read up on it. I know they do not top after the flip though.

I suppose you could try for 4 foot lollipops like those 4 foot sugar daddy suckers they used to sell at holidays and on the boardwalk in the 60's and 70's.

G

greentipz

bending

never top in 12/12. always side bend those sats :fixed:

Top Bottom