Topping and thinning schedule???

• Thread starter Mr.Toque
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.Toque

Sup Fam,
so i recently did my first "topping" work to one of my g13 pineapple xpress girls, it turned out real nice got two heads coming out, great green growth from lower branches, but now im wondering if there is some time to be taking when topping, i know that the branches should have atleast 3 nodes before they are topped, but is there a certain number of branches you want to do with out stessing the plant out to much? Also the topping has made the plant alot bushier than my others, but it seems like some of the leaves arent getting much light or they are covering smaller branches coming out, she is getting light from all angles so i know the light is there, but im wondering if thinning some of these leaves that dont have braches coming off of them will help get more light to those branches coming up

H

haze89

Ayyyyy homie, well IMO why cut back leaves when you can tie em? Just bend a few of em back and tie em in place with some string. I personally always cut any unnecessary leaves at the bottom to help air flow but when it is up top I just move shit around and secure it where I want it. The more leaves you have the more photosynthesis you have. Hope this helps man.

M

MASSES 420KING

as usual haze has a great suggestion and is my dude and he is correct but if you are flowering the girls imo if the leaf is bigger then your hand and again your in flower[12/12] take it off its only getting in the way were growing bud plants not leaf plants open up your lower budding sites to allow lite penatration

M

Mr.Toque

Ayyyyy homie, well IMO why cut back leaves when you can tie em? Just bend a few of em back and tie em in place with some string. I personally always cut any unnecessary leaves at the bottom to help air flow but when it is up top I just move shit around and secure it where I want it. The more leaves you have the more photosynthesis you have. Hope this helps man.

haze wats good bro,
thanks for chiming in, the only thing is that there is nowhere to bend or tie down, the nodes are really close together and the top leaves are the ones doing most of the covering

H

haze89

haze wats good bro,
thanks for chiming in, the only thing is that there is nowhere to bend or tie down, the nodes are really close together and the top leaves are the ones doing most of the covering

What up homie, before cutting them another thing you could try is lightly tying the leaves of a shoot together so that they are out of the way. Needs adjustment every once in a while but if done right you could really open her up and get a solid hold on them.

Top Bottom